beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Tennis Power Rankings Question..

The only one I know of is the one Tennis Insight offers for the different surfaces. Is there any other ones out there? Sort of like the Sagarin Ratings for WTA and ATP players?

Also for TI ratings, if you are a member do they still only list the top 20 on each surface or as a paying customer do you get more than that. Or what else do you get from paying? Please fill me in here. Because they don't seem to have the surface rankings for women as a freebie.

Thanks!

beefcake
    Update your status

No one knows?

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

In terms of just putting out power rankings , espn always come out with one http://sports.espn.go.com/tennis/powerrankings and bleacher report has its own version http://bleacherreport.com/articles/7...t-seeded-women.

Tennis talk has a pretty good stat section that may be of some help and I saw a pretty good write up on some place called sports chat place that actually had a good run down of womens players, I have never heard of the place so I cant vouch for how good it is.

In terms of something like sagarin ratings, I have been wagering on tennis for about ten years, since I found about offshore gambling, and I have never seen any computer models like sagarin ratings or the dunkel index. I like modeling and I think Tennis navigator or OnCourt gives you the best access to stats to set up a model or just a really good spreadsheet.

I have followed a guy on tennis insight named super duper who uses a comparative excel program for his picks but overall its pretty thin pickings out there in terms of finding any sizable computer models already established in tennis wagering, at least in my experience.

In terms of tennis insight, they don't show surface ratings for women on the various surfaces for paid customers either. They just have the rankings for the top 20 players in men on carpet,clay,grass, indoor and hard courts. I may be wrong on that because I never look at that section but it looks that way.

Their surface ratings for men on grass have Roddick as fourth on grass? After he performed against Murray just over a week ago, I just wonder if his bad year continues. Their ranking use a different their own sort of model which includes and "handle" ranking , Fed is not even listed in the ratings.
    Points Awarded:

beefcake gave gregm 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

leeloo gave gregm 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

beefcake gave gregm 4 SBR Point(s) for this post.

beefcake
    Update your status

Thanks greg!

gregm

No problem beef and thanks guys for the points. I think we may have some more time to look over these matches, may rain tomorrow.

RichardGeorge
    RichardGeorge's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    No problem beef and thanks guys for the points. I think we may have some more time to look over these matches, may rain tomorrow.
    Where are you seeing this?

I see the high is 66, low is 59.... Party Cloudy with 0% chance of rain today in London.

It may rain overnight Monday nighti nto Tuesday... and the rest of the week the weather is iffy... but it looks like Monday is gonna be a nice day.

gregm

You may be right Richard, looks like the rain may hit tonight or late this afternoon? I was reading the London papers tonight, and the Telegraph and the Times was talking about rain chances in the early afternoon. At least they have the retractable roof and we won't have 4 week marathons.

I am in the US so I am definitely out of the loop. The wimbledon site http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/weather/index.html is not really hour to hour past the afternoon it seems.