ronaldo922
    ronaldo922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Love for Federer

do we still have this lingering problem where we have fallen for the play and grace of roger federer that we cannot let go of the greatness that we saw? just watching roger over the past little while and while some of the greatness is still there, the errors are more, alot of points he is not hitting the ball and it destroys him against the top 2 players now in nadal and novak, who kill those short balls.

while he is by far the 3rd best player on tour by a mile, rafa is still on top of his game and still creating his all time career and it looks like novak is beginning to create his legacy now. if those two players werent at an all time level, sure roger would be the best or have great chances at beating other players but the level is just too high for him.

sure if roger plays like roger of old, he can beat novak today, but novak is playing the best tennis of his life and hasnt had much trouble with roger over the last 6 months.

if novak plays to his normal 2011 and rogers plays to his normal 2011 level, this is a 3-0 novak game. roger will have to bring out a game that he hasnt shown against rafa or novak in over a year now.

can roger win another title or 2 or 3, sure. but in all likelyhood, he is the 3rd best player in the world now, but in the same category as the "others" and while some of the other players have the ability to improve since they are young. but with more and more time, roger gets older while rafa and novak are in their prime and i dont think roger has that game to turn it up anymore against those guys playing at high levels. his high level is still better than everyone else minus 2, but the top 2 are just playing at a "federeresque" level.

novak 3-0, domination. +190

in my heart, i would love to see roger win a couple more slams, but especially at the french, my head says no and beat with your head not your heart.

good luck all.

vcj16
    vcj16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 456

i also like novac but i think it will be much closer

ronaldo922
    ronaldo922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

HA! well that last all but 1 set. go roger now lol!