shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Interesting point, but who else has it really benefited? Outside of Isner today, I haven't seen a surprising result where a big serve got by with just his serve. Maybe Querrey, but I think more of that is Kohlschreiber sucks because it was not competitive really. This match obviously is with the serve being a huge factor.
    My brain's fried at the moment so I'd have to go through TI to find the examples they were pointing out on the men's and women's side so far. But it was players who normally wouldn't be able to push as well as they have on clay. Give me a few minutes and I'll try to come up with a few.

koscheckbaby
    Briscoe and Logan Baby!!!
    koscheckbaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

I wouldn't mentally have it in me to play these BSDs. I mean, you can play ridiculously good tennis. But if these assholes just got their serve working, you could lose. I'm still worried for Nadal, since Isner just needs a lucky, bullshit break to be back on serve. And I swear, anytime these BSDs break serve, it's a completely luck break. Usually a lot of 2nd serves and unforced errors.

koscheckbaby

Feliciano Lopez's success on clay this year might serve as an example. He's been serving like it's hard court. He doesn't beat Federer regardless.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

The balls were a reference to the French Open only though. And if they were as big a factor, you would think Lopez would have done better against Fed.

koscheckbaby

Lopez got more points than expected anyways. Federer always seems to outserve the BSDS when they play, usually outaceing Roddick and such

Greekster
    Greekster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6153

The balls were a reference to the French Open only though. And if they were as big a factor, you would think Lopez would have done better against Fed.
    Faster balls or not, talent I believe prevails the overwhelmingly majority of the time.

Nadal should win this match regardless, but Isner is playing well.

Nadal is a great player especially on clay and even though he has had a great clay court season so far, it hasn't been dominant as in seasons past.

He has been more vulnerable this season even though it is slightly more vulnerable, but sometimes that is all your opponent needs.

nulldah
    nulldah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

total points won nadal 119 - isner 109 make me laugh

if these balls are really have effects, isner just bring new game strategy to those big server on roland garros in the future

koscheckbaby

I feel bad for Nadal. Please win this. No one should suffer the indignity of a clay loss to Isner.

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by Greekster View Post
    Faster balls or not, talent I believe prevails the overwhelmingly majority of the time. Nadal should win this match regardless, but Isner is playing well. Nadal is a great player especially on clay and even though he has had a great clay court season so far, it hasn't been dominant as in seasons past. He has been more vulnerable this season even though it is slightly more vulnerable, but sometimes that is all your opponent needs.
    Basically, we're spoiled as we were in Federer's prime. So used to seeing total dominance that when they show up slightly off, we're shocked! How dare they have to win in 4 or 5 sets!

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

Got Isner +700 live

koscheckbaby

I notice Nadal doesn't whack the winners with the velocity and angles like he was doing in the past. Djokovic could defend all his forehands when they've played lately. In the past, Nadal's forehand winners were indefensible. Even Isner is getting to shots that used to be easy winners.

koscheckbaby

Well, Nadal has this 4th set. Still worried about Isner serving out of his skull in the 5th

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26319

Nadal will win, there will be no tie break in the 5th set

Reds_FAN
    Reds_FAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Thanks bro! I'll send you some points If I ever get any

Gaskan
    I know nothing!!!
    Gaskan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Quote Originally Posted by onacloud View Post
    Got Isner +700 live
    Waste O' money. I was hoping they would have had Rafa near even money to unload the bankroll.

EaglesPhan36

I expect the 5th set to be a battle, unless Nadal gets a break on Isner's 1st service game.

koscheckbaby

What was the points handicap going into this game? Just curiousity

Gaskan
    I know nothing!!!
    Gaskan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Quote Originally Posted by koscheckbaby View Post
    What was the points handicap going into this game? Just curiousity
    9.5 I believe and he will probably cover.

shari91

I found these instead of scouring through TI. Much easier

I think what it translates to for us is either don't take the unders when a big server is playing a favourite and the same goes for 2-0 3-0 just in case it takes time for the players to adjust.

Hidalgo (after he won): "I like those new balls. They suit my game," he said. "When you put some topspin, they bounce back higher — and it's good for me."

Mattek-Sands: "In the locker room, a lot of the girls ... (are) coming in with a lot of shoulder issues. They say the balls are pretty hard. I think it kind of translates to they're going fast through the air. I don't mind that. I actually like it if it's fast-paced."

Wawrinka: "The balls are pretty strange," 14th-seeded Stanislas Wawrinka of Switzerland said after winning Sunday. "Obviously I do notice a big difference from last year."

Federer: ""The balls are faster, indeed. It might be a bit difficult in the beginning, but in the end, they're not that fast."

Djokovic before his 1st match: "The balls are very, very fast, so it's really difficult to control," Djokovic said. "Maybe it's going to favor the servers and the big hitters. But you never know. I mean, it still is clay."

Benesova: "It helps someone like her, (Stosur)" Benesova said. "They are much faster. I feel like I cannot control them as well as the previous ones. So I like the ones before better. I don't know why they changed it. ... These are for the big hitters' advantage, for sure."

Murray: "The ball probably helps me; the ball is quite fast. But I would just rather we played with the same ball throughout like each part of the season. During the grass, I'd rather all the tournaments were with Slazenger. That's what I would prefer. Well, I think that's what most of the tour would prefer, to be honest."

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26319

wow 9.5 really? that was a good deal, I mean Nadal would have had to win 6-3 6-3 6-2 for that to lose.

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    I found these instead of scouring through TI. Much easier I think what it translates to for us is either don't take the unders when a big server is playing a favourite and the same goes for 2-0 3-0 just in case it takes time for the players to adjust.
    Okay, that makes sense. Can't always tell the effects of this by looking at a final scoreline. Always love Federer. "The ball is fast, but if you're a bad ass, you're going to adjust."

Astros148
    Astros148's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

and game set match.

koscheckbaby

NICE!! Take that big serving dick

and24
    and24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 904

ooh that was good, nadal leads 2-1 in last set

EaglesPhan36

Will be interesting to see how Nadal adapts next time he gets a big server at RG. See if all the ball talk is something the great ones adapt to or if it's going to be tough every match on some of them.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Might be worth it to ride Mattek with these hard balls...

EaglesPhan36

I think I picked her to go to the 3rd round in the contest. I had Pennetta losing and that sets up BMS to get to the 3rd I think with less problems. Think Jankovic takes her out though.

shari91

I think I picked her to go to the 3rd round in the contest. I had Pennetta losing and that sets up BMS to get to the 3rd I think with less problems. Think Jankovic takes her out though.
    Yeah, I had BMS going out at Jankovic as well. She's always a bit of a wildcard lately though so I could see her pulling off the upset if she gets past Pennetta.

nulldah
    nulldah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

feel relieved nadal won the match. can't imagine there is no nadal this early at roland garros and to add in, beaten by big serve on red dirt

koscheckbaby

Isner needs the Raonic. I'm dubbing that term. The Raonic is when you are basically handed a break of serve by your opponent, as opposed to earning it on your own merit.

Greekster
    Greekster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6153

In the end Isner ran out gas against a better opponent.

Great effort though by the big man.

gators0708
    gators0708's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14372

Isner needs the Raonic. I'm dubbing that term. The Raonic is when you are basically handed a break of serve by your opponent, as opposed to earning it on your own merit.
    You must be Raonic"s #1 fan!

koscheckbaby

I think Raonic is horrible for the game of tennis. He's the ultimate big serving dick. He never wins the rallies on his serve. He just bails his ass out with aces and cheap serve points.

gators0708
    gators0708's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14372

Not a fan of Raonic but like Isner

revnecro1273
    revnecro1273's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13172

Someone needs to beat the shit out of Isner. He's celebrating, acting like a fool. Why can't a fan charge the court and stab him like what happened to Monica Seles? He's completely watering down the French Open with his bullshit serving.

are you really that big of a douchebag?

First 123 Last