Laker_crazy
    Laker_crazy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Gael Monfils ( + 138) OVER Richard Gasquet ( ATP Barcelona)

1) Gael Monfils Vs Richard Gaquet ( Pick Match Winner Gael Monfils @ + 138)

1 UNIT PLAY ( WON)

I am going to be going with monfils today and i do have a few reasons for my pick here.First and foremost being that i like the price i am getting on monfils against a player who needless to add is very unpredictable.Gasquet relies heavily on his backhand which is his strength and can be a delight when it comes off,where as Monfils,on the other hand prefers slugging out each point from behind the baseline.Both of these players are coming off tiring 3 set matches in the previous round and i do see this as a battle of nerves and consistency.

Even though Monfils is not someone who i trust with my money often,but in this case,i d take a shot at monfils winning today and gasquet ( who has been performing over the expectations this season) comes back on to the ground.Head to Head meetings are 3-3 but none of these matches were played on clay.Interesting to see who brings their A Game today.Good luck

Cheers,
    Laker_crazy

My Updated ATP tennis Record as On 15/04 2011 : ( 6-2) ( + 5.05 Units)

Favorites : ( 1-1) ( - 0.35 Units)
    Dogs : ( 5-1) ( + 5.40 Units)
    Last edited by Laker_crazy; 04-21-11 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Grading !!

necro
    Update your status
    necro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

i think that's the right play,good luck

Laker_crazy

Seems like Monfils will be cashing in straight sets here for another tennis winner for us

Laker_crazy

Quote Originally Posted by necro View Post
    i think that's the right play,good luck

Laker_crazy

Monfils could not serve out the match and got broken....arghhh what a douch...lets hope he can close this right here

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Are you surprised LC?

Frenchies are the flakiest of them all. I almost took Monfils as well but I figured two Frenchies playing against each other are almost as bad as 2 Russian women playing each other. Takes years off of your life if you watch the match. Best of luck!!

Laker_crazy

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Are you surprised LC? Frenchies are the flakiest of them all. I almost took Monfils as well but I figured two Frenchies playing against each other are almost as bad as 2 Russian women playing each other. Takes years off of your life if you watch the match. Best of luck!!
    True that Shari,I mentioned that above in the write up above for this particular match,i don't lay money on monfils often but just that the price was tempting and i believed that gasquet was on course for a letdown and it happened right here,even though this 2nd set was so irritating because monfils should have won it at 5-4,else should consolidated the mini break in the tie break at 4-2,before finally prevailing

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

I'm glad he finally closed it out for you!

Wish me luck on Davydenko. I took him instead of Monfils as I wanted to take both but didn't think my stress levels could handle it. Hopefully he can pull it off too.

Laker_crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Laker_crazy View Post
    1) Gael Monfils Vs Richard Gaquet ( Pick Match Winner Gael Monfils @ + 138) 1 UNIT PLAY ( WON) I am going to be going with monfils today and i do have a few reasons for my pick here.First and foremost being that i like the price i am getting on monfils against a player who needless to add is very unpredictable.Gasquet relies heavily on his backhand which is his strength and can be a delight when it comes off,where as Monfils,on the other hand prefers slugging out each point from behind the baseline.Both of these players are coming off tiring 3 set matches in the previous round and i do see this as a battle of nerves and consistency. Even though Monfils is not someone who i trust with my money often,but in this case,i d take a shot at monfils winning today and gasquet ( who has been performing over the expectations this season) comes back on to the ground.Head to Head meetings are 3-3 but none of these matches were played on clay.Interesting to see who brings their A Game today.Good luck Cheers, Laker_crazy My Updated ATP tennis Record as On 15/04 2011 : ( 6-2) ( + 5.05 Units) Favorites : ( 1-1) ( - 0.35 Units) Dogs : ( 5-1) ( + 5.40 Units)
    Cash that Monfils Winner in straight sets,6-4,7-6.Improves our Dogs record to ( 6-1) and the overall record to 7-2

Laker_crazy

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    I'm glad he finally closed it out for you! Wish me luck on Davydenko. I took him instead of Monfils as I wanted to take both but didn't think my stress levels could handle it. Hopefully he can pull it off too.
    Thanks Hun,Good luck to you on Davydenko,hope you cash,Might sound funny but i have never bet on/against this man ever in tennis because i feel that he doesn't put his 100% in one match,he truly does fix matches because his intensity varies differently in sets,at one point he will hit those down the line winners and on the other,he d just give up down just 1 break.Personally,more than risking money,it is throwing it down the drain.However,i hope you are on the right end of the fix today.Good luck again hun

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice pick. Cannot even bring myself to bet on French vs. French or Russian vs. Russian. Think taking the plus money is the only pick that can make you feel good regardless of the outcome.

ha1ogen
    ha1ogen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2797

very nice indeed

Laker_crazy

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Nice pick. Cannot even bring myself to bet on French vs. French or Russian vs. Russian. Think taking the plus money is the only pick that can make you feel good regardless of the outcome.
    Thanks Mate,I agree that French V French and Russian V Russian matches can be a pain.As shari rightly put it in a post above,if you want to shorten your life,only then would you play these matches because they test every possible nerve a viewer might have before giving out the result.Anyway cashed in 2 so it was good indeed

Laker_crazy

Quote Originally Posted by ha1ogen View Post
    very nice indeed