Doug
    Doug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1298

They won't do book2book because no book wants MB to owe them monies.

MB has lied all along. They stated no credit years ago, that was a lie and led to the Stink's private little BBQ

they lied about retaining the US

They are probably lying about paying, too!

Good luck getting your money from this SHVT BOOK !

dino
    dino's Avatar Become A Pro!

What kind of dc? The one linked to a checking account or prepaid one you buy at a store? Or either?

sdtrader
    Update your status
    sdtrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40577

Hopefully they will want to pay everyone to keep a good reputation for building their new business.

chipleader
    chipleader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 163

I only got like $20 left in the account, I have no choice but to donate it to them since they charge $35 to withdraw. What can I do with that small amount?

SmashThat
    SmashThat's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm gonna hold off for a bit... see if they come up with any B2B options.

dialup_king
    dialup_king's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

21 days for a wire transfer?? lol

dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38361

Are all you guys cashing out now or waiting just a bit ??

Sdotbold
    Update your status
    Sdotbold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

Quote Originally Posted by Sdotbold View Post
    i live chatted with them. the only CC i have is AMEX. Or I have a DC. the girl elana said i could use my DC. Just to specify that it was a DC on my email. Does anyone else think this is strange? they took my money through ***************. why cant they send it back the same way?????
    Quote Originally Posted by Sdotbold View Post
    Heres the email I got this morning.................

21 business days would be the 29th of March. It sure didnt take that long for them to take my money. What a mess. I just hate the juice with my local. Now I remember why i stopped using online books after the laws passed in 06. Back then Bodog took over 2 months to pay me out. I swore off internet gaming until last baseball season i opened an account at 5dimes. Things like this make me reconsider my local. Good luck everyone in getting our money from these people.

Dear Stephen,

Thank you for sending your withdrawal information. We will keep you updated on the progress of your withdrawal. We estimate withdrawals will be processed within 21 business days.

Thank you for your custom and please feel free to contact us at any time for information regarding your funds.

Kind regards,

Matchbook Team
    Anyone else get the same info as me? its 21 days for the money to be refunded to my DC. sorry for not specifying.

pokernight1991
    pokernight1991's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3801

Got the same email verbatim as Sdotbold. Problem I have is I have never used my DC and only deposited with them via wire.

Sdotbold
    Update your status
    Sdotbold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

Quote Originally Posted by pokernight1991 View Post
    Got the same email verbatim as Sdotbold. Problem I have is I have never used my DC and only deposited with them via wire.
    I have also never deposited with my dc. my bank will shut my card off if i try to use it for online gaming. we will see what happens.

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Quote Originally Posted by Santo View Post
    Wiring money from their perspective is a company that does not offer us citizens gambling services sending funds to somebody who has not gambled with them (the new entity) - nothing to see here.

Sending money to another offshore is effectivly funding an account for a us customer at a company which offers gambling services to Americans - A UIGEA violation.
    Clearly ridiculous as the transfer would be completely outside of US jurisdiction but if somehow true why would the "old" owners not have just warned and paid out the US customers prior to the sale, very strange for the "new" owners to take on such a ridiculous hassle and payout approach to insure they are in compliance with US laws when this could've just been done before the sale.

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by SmashThat View Post
    I'm gonna hold off for a bit... see if they come up with any B2B options.
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamite140 View Post
    Are all you guys cashing out now or waiting just a bit ??
    Yea smart move, be last in line to get paid out from a book that has barred US customers and is likely to go out of business

dialup_king
    dialup_king's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

I doubt they will come up with b2b options or any other options

dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38361

Okay so is pretty much everyone now just cashing out and not waiting at all?

dino
    dino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why can't they send a check? Why can't they offer a wire to all customers?
    I don't understand the cc withdrawals to customers who never deposited using a cc.
    Can SBR help out Matchbook customers?

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    Clearly ridiculous as the transfer would be completely outside of US jurisdiction but if somehow true why would the "old" owners not have just warned and paid out the US customers prior to the sale, very strange for the "new" owners to take on such a ridiculous hassle and payout approach to insure they are in compliance with US laws when this could've just been done before the sale.
    Presumably, like Betfair, the new owners want to be in the US's good books in case of a legalisation of exchange betting (see New Jersey), so whether it is outside of Us jurisdiction is irrelevant.

Old owners likely did not have the money to pay.

bettilimbroke999

Hopefully by the end of this month all their former clients are paid and smiling, but this is definitely a strange time for matchbook, they really need to have some of the new reps come in and answer some of these questions like why CC only withdrawals instead of check or wire
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 03-01-11 at 11:42 PM.

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by Santo View Post
    Presumably, like Betfair, the new owners want to be in the US's good books in case of a legalisation of exchange betting (see New Jersey), so whether it is outside of Us jurisdiction is irrelevant.

Old owners likely did not have the money to pay.
    Wow, well maybe everyone is very lucky they sold it as matchbook may have been spending everybody's money and got bailed out by these new owners who see some value in matchbook software even without US customers, hopefully thats the case

First 12