AimingHigh
    AimingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!

Canadians with Moneybookers

I've just had my first withdrawal to my bank account returned. I e-mailed to ask what the problem was and was told that it was returned with the message that the beneficiary bank was not recognised. Moneybookers have been their usual unhelpful selves, suggesting I forgot to add the transit code, but that because there's no way I can check this, I need to delete and re-add the bank account. I don't think I did because it shows the bank's name on the withdrawal page, though the only number it shows is the account number. That said, it does show CIBC and my account is actually with PCF (CIBC direct banking). I assume they got CIBC from the PCF transit number? Perhaps my cheap ass PCF account is the problem?

The garbled e-mail I received suggests I need to add the transit number into the account number, but that makes no sense to me. The Moneybookers withdrawal page also now states that withdrawal will be via international wire (I can't remember what it said the first time I tried, which is what failed), which also makes no sense to me as it's a CAD account withdrawing to a CAD bank account. I do have a GBP Moneybookers account and a GBP bank account, but have real addresses (and bills to pay!) in both countries, so thought that any CAD account I opened with Moneybookers would be just like I was currently living there.

I wondered if a Canadian who's withdrawn via bank withdrawal from Moneybookers would be kind enough to outline what information is displayed for them on the Moneybookers' withdrawal pages and how the withdrawal itself is processed.

bracerman
    bracerman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3404

You might not be able to withdraw to a PCF account. Can't remember who it was with, but I tried a wire withdrawal last year with a book to my PCF account and they couldn't get it to go through.

I've never had a problem receiving MB wires to my RBC or CIBC accounts. If you have to open a new account, go with CIBC. They are the most gambler friendly bank in my experience.

Regardless of what currency your MB account is in, it's going to be an international wire because the funds are coming from the EU to Canada.

AimingHigh

That was my fear re PCF.

Thanks for confirming that it is an international wire I should expect.

I've amended the account info to add in the transit number and account number together (which is what MBers says they need as the account number), and have tried a second time. If it doesn't work this time, I guess I'll need to look at opening a new bank account somewhere else.

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

Quote Originally Posted by bracerman View Post
    You might not be able to withdraw to a PCF account. Can't remember who it was with, but I tried a wire withdrawal last year with a book to my PCF account and they couldn't get it to go through.

I've never had a problem receiving MB wires to my RBC or CIBC accounts. If you have to open a new account, go with CIBC. They are the most gambler friendly bank in my experience.

Regardless of what currency your MB account is in, it's going to be an international wire because the funds are coming from the EU to Canada.
    agree cibc is the best, i have received funds the next day, if you withdraw before 10 eastern

LMAOFISH
    LMAOFISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

I have no problems with CIBC, I can see how you do with PCF though. Get a real bank account.

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16714

I have requested a check through Moneybookers to Canada, it took about 7-10 days but I got my cheque

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1276

You need one of the 5 Major banks PC and other small institutions connected to a big 5 won't work.

Your NAME MUST MATCH EXACTLY as well or it will not work

BAUS
    Back on post review re: Optimal
    BAUS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 558

I have never had problems with funds going from Moneybookers to my CIBC. Got one this week that took 1 day to hit my cheque account.

BAUS

AimingHigh

Just an update in case it helps anyone else out. After I changed the account number to include the transit code as well, the PCF withdrawal went through - took from the 17th till today (though it has yesterday's date on it).

thespeculator

good news bro, but i would really recommend opening a cibc account , like BAUS said, and i second it the money will usually be there the next or second day

thespeculator

i know pcf is part of cibc , but it still has to get rerouted from there central payment centre

sharpcircle
    sharpcircle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

got wire from MB to candian bank, no problems

callysz
    callysz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9185

Anyone know what's up with Moneybookers lately? They said I couldn't get a cheque from them at all right now (to Canada)...only wire?

bracerman
    bracerman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3404

Wow, no idea. Never heard of MB denying a cheque withdrawal before....