Mudcat
    Mudcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Any word on "Happy Hour" at SportsInteraction?

Every year - I think it's usually right around this time - they have a promotion where you get a 20% cash bonus on all deposits within a fairly short window of a day or less.

They never advertise it very aggressively though. Just wondering, has anybody heard anything?

(Don't take this as an endorsement of SIA. They are within my risk/reward tolerance but lots of players report various problems there.)

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

I haven't heard anything yet Mudcat, but their promotion is a great deal like you mentioned. It's a prety safe book IMO. Never had a problem with them.

TLD
    TLD's Avatar Become A Pro!

Alas, I was finally booted a year and a half ago, so no more SIA for me.

I remember that promo every year though. It wasn’t in early August; it was right at the start of the NFL season. In my records I show bonuses on September 7, September 9, and September 12 various years.

Mudcat

Hopefully they do it again and the word gets around somehow.

Their under-the-radar approach always seemed odd to me. It was like they were saying, "Okay let's have a pretty damn good promotion - but we'll only tell 3 random people and leave it up to them to spread the word."

I guess they have their reasons.

Pokerdogg
    Pokerdogg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just got this in the mail.

15% Bonus Sept. 4-8, 2008
    20% Bonus Happy Hour Sept 4, between 2-4pm EST

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

You are still allowed to play at SIA?

Mudcat

If you're talking to me durito, yes.

Thanks for the info PD. I was hoping they would continue the tradition.

dwaechte
    dwaechte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

Thanks for the heads up! I will be making my first deposit at SIA soon and the extra 10% looks great.

Pokerdogg

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    You are still allowed to play at SIA?
    Yeah, thought I was going to be limited for sure when I got up to $14k winnings, but guess they knew it would drop back down to $5k within weeks

ms61853
    ms61853's Avatar Become A Pro!

SportsInteraction are a bunch of slow paying deadbeats. I wouldn't use them for anything.

Mudcat

Bumping as the date draws near.

durito
    escarabajo negro

whoops, already posted

Pokerdogg

Quote Originally Posted by ms61853 View Post
    SportsInteraction are a bunch of slow paying deadbeats. I wouldn't use them for anything.

I have had about 8 payments from them over the last few years, have never waited more than 2 weeks for the cheques to arrive. I'm lucky I guess.

Mudcat

Quote Originally Posted by ms61853 View Post

This is perhaps the most valuable post of the thread. ms61853 is far from the only person who has had complaints about SIA and his comment is important in painting a complete picture.

I can only repeat what I said from the outset. I have been fine there but there is no denying it is a higher risk book than many. I find things there that make it worth the risk for me but I am not endorsing them.

If anyone has any leery feelings about it, I would recommend just staying away.

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14050

sia blitz bonus

15% bonus-all deposits. sept. 4th-8th. happy hour 20% bonus-all deposits. sept 4th between 2-4pm est.recieved regular mailing from them. does not mention any restrictions, if any, in mailing.

Utah
    Utah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokerdogg View Post
    I have had about 8 payments from them over the last few years, have never waited more than 2 weeks for the cheques to arrive. I'm lucky I guess.
    Same. I have never had a problem with payouts there and I know many others who have never had a problem with payouts there.

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I have played there before and I have also never had an issue with them... I was even doing the "durito" and "dunjuan" thing back then and arbing which no hassles from them... My account got up to something like 8K and they paid it no problem.... I haven't been there in a few years but I look in on their site and it looks better.... It takes longer then other sites to load still...

betbetter
    betbetter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mudcat View Post
    This is perhaps the most valuable post of the thread. ms61853 is far from the only person who has had complaints about SIA and his comment is important in painting a complete picture.

I can only repeat what I said from the outset. I have been fine there but there is no denying it is a higher risk book than many. I find things there that make it worth the risk for me but I am not endorsing them.

If anyone has any leery feelings about it, I would recommend just staying away.
    If you are'nt playing from multiple accounts and feigning ignorance, the chances of "slow pay" are likely far times less than most books.

Solid out for small to medium size punters.

durito
    escarabajo negro

Quote Originally Posted by ShamsWoof10 View Post
    I have played there before and I have also never had an issue with them... I was even doing the "durito" and "dunjuan" thing back then and arbing which no hassles from them... My account got up to something like 8K and they paid it no problem.... I haven't been there in a few years but I look in on their site and it looks better.... It takes longer then other sites to load still...

trying to beat the market is called investing 101, not the "durito" thing.

and yes, as it applies to sports gambling, SIA is the easiest place to win

Mudcat

Anyone else get a scratch card in the mail from them with a free 6 team parlay for $500?

You're supposed to scratch a little box to the right of your team and reveal a letter and then enter the letters on the site. Only problem is, mine doesn't scratch off. I could sit here scratching all day and I would never see any letters. I would eventually just scratch right through to my desk.

Mudcat

Answered my own question. There is a "pre-scratched" card on the website so codes can be gotten from that.

I have no idea how to cap football in week 1 but I might as well flip that coin I've been trying to scratch with six times and see if I can get lucky.

Mudcat

Quote Originally Posted by betbetter View Post
    If you are'nt playing from multiple accounts and feigning ignorance, the chances of "slow pay" are likely far times less than most books.

Solid out for small to medium size punters.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I know regular players who got screwed around on payouts from SIA. Not stiffed but screwed around pretty good. As an organization, SIA is far from being a well-oiled machine.

SBR rating - D+

betbetter

Quote Originally Posted by Mudcat View Post
    We'll have to agree to disagree. I know regular players who got screwed around on payouts from SIA. Not stiffed but screwed around pretty good. As an organization, SIA is far from being a well-oiled machine.

SBR rating - D+
    Agreed, that said though they have the same model and frequency of issues as 5dimes, betonline and Legendz, all A books. If they chose to deal here I don't think the D+ would apply. Bet365 was A+ here and really they are mirror books as models and number of hassles.

durito
    escarabajo negro

Quote Originally Posted by betbetter View Post
    Agreed, that said though they have the same model and frequency of issues as 5dimes, betonline and Legendz, all A books. If they chose to deal here I don't think the D+ would apply. Bet365 was A+ here and really they are mirror books as models and number of hassles.
    SIA has aggressively confiscated many accounts totaling hundreds of thousands of dollars. In many cases they were probably justified, nevertheless is some they were certainly not.

None of the books you mentioned have done anything of the sort. I believe sbrjohn said that SIA once offered them more than their entire monthly add revenue to make SIA an A+.

betbetter

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    SIA has aggressively confiscated many accounts totaling hundreds of thousands of dollars. In many cases they were probably justified, nevertheless is some they were certainly not.

None of the books you mentioned have done anything of the sort. I believe sbrjohn said that SIA once offered them more than their entire monthly add revenue to make SIA an A+.
    point taken on the first.

doubt the second... highly.

SBR also reported once that VIP was going to buy them. That's a good one.