I'm beginning to get frustrated with BetOnline (probably exacerbated by the fact I need the money sooner than I'd thought I would).

I tried to withdraw a week ago via wire. 48 hours later they said they were having trouble with bank wires, and could I use another method. This was a problem for me because I'm currently in the UK but have Canadian bills to pay and needed the money in Canada.

So I get Moneybookers to close my EUR account and open a CAD account for me, giving me a USD Moneybookers account, a GBP one, and a CAD one. They are all linked, but obviously each has a different e-mail address. When I initially deposited with BetOnline I used the USD one. I confirmed via Live Chat yesterday that they could send the funds to my CAD one, so I could withdraw the money to my Canadian bank account and pay my bills. What happens this evening? I get a payment to my GBP Moneybookers account - not the one I requested it go to, and not even the one I used to deposit with them! Argh.

I know the Cris group can sometimes have inconsistent CS, but my experience so far with BetOnline had been better. It's not like I can just reject the payment and have them resend it; Moneybookers doesn't give you that option, unlike PayPal.

I've asked them to accept back whatever USD the GBP I've received get converted into on their end, and to resend the originally requested amount of USD to my CAD account like they agreed they would. Let's see if they agree to this, and if they can manage it.

/rant