Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20531

IAS ... balancing the unfair negative posts

There have been several threads accusing this book of being cheats and treating players unfairly. And whilst I dislike what Paddy Power has done to them in regard to severely limiting sports bets I have defended them against the unfair criticism and maintained that they are an excellent book still for racing. And the following backs up what I've been saying:

I've just been doing some work on reconciling my bookie balances and discovered this entry in my account with IAS:
    29Dec10 3:35:16 PM92161009
    Justice Payout Brados Boy
    ClientAdjustUSD 500.00

I backed this horse on Wednesday and it reared in the stalls just prior the starter pressing the go. The stewards, to the surprise of many viewers, ruled him as a runner even though it appeared that the starter erred in not noticing that the horse wasn't ready to jump.

IAS has for a couple of years now been making "Justice" payouts when they believe the punter has been wrongly done by. Good on 'em.

Border Gadgie
    Border Gadgie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2092

Good point Hareeba, I've used this book without any problems for the last 3 years and the regular bonus offers were great, there has however been a noticeable change in IASbet and Sportsbet.au since Paddy Power got its claws in. Previously bets were not often referred to traders and limits were higher at both books, the number of specific individual bonus/reload offers have also fell significantly. Its always been a book I liked, but how long that lasts with PP in the mix only time will tell. If you have accounts at all three books they must have some form of cross referrencing to link punters details, which beforehand would not have been an issue, but it probably will be now.