tbill1
    tbill1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9243

5 Dimes Teaser problem

Hi,

I placed a 2 team teaser $22 to win $10 on the Eagles game and the New Orleans Game. When the Eagles game was rescheduled, they put a "canceled" in the bet review of the game. Sunday night I wrote them asking when my $22 would be credited and was told by a rep named Mark that it would be graded "no action" when the New Orleans game was graded. Based on that info, I redid the same bet. This morning I find out that they graded the "No Action" bet as a loss because New Orleans didn't go over 39 1/2. I wrote them to see what was up and was told under their rules it is a loss. How is that fair?? Why should I be put in a position where I can only push or lose, since if New Orleans would have gone over, they surely wouldn't have paid it as a win. Am I wrong?
    And now I lose the same bet twice because of what I was told.

Tbill

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17057

I am in the same boat with a $50 teaser involving the canceled game and a loss. My CS rep, Al, kept referring to the rules where a tie and a loss = loss. I pointed out that a postponed game is not a tie/push but he is not budging. 5-Dimes is freerolling teaser players on this and it's just wrong. Not exactly what you'd expect from an A+ Book.

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1524

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    I am in the same boat with a $50 teaser involving the canceled game and a loss. My CS rep, Al, kept referring to the rules where a tie and a loss = loss. I pointed out that a postponed game is not a tie/push but he is not budging. 5-Dimes is freerolling teaser players on this and it's just wrong. Not exactly what you'd expect from an A+ Book.
    =====================
    Totally agree with you Hedge, 5 Dimes should make good on this and refund the wager! Total bullshit!

tbill1

I also just heard from AL. In regards to another rep. Mark telling me I would get a refund ( I could reprint it here if I am allowed) He offered his apologies ( and nothing more ) for me receiving "misleading information" causing me to lose the bet twice. I also pointed out that the rules use the term "push" which I don't equate to a cancelation.

Tbill

thegreen
    thegreen's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tbill1 View Post
    Hi,

I placed a 2 team teaser $22 to win $10 on the Eagles game and the New Orleans Game. When the Eagles game was rescheduled, they put a "canceled" in the bet review of the game. Sunday night I wrote them asking when my $22 would be credited and was told by a rep named Mark that it would be graded "no action" when the New Orleans game was graded. Based on that info, I redid the same bet. This morning I find out that they graded the "No Action" bet as a loss because New Orleans didn't go over 39 1/2. I wrote them to see what was up and was told under their rules it is a loss. How is that fair?? Why should I be put in a position where I can only push or lose, since if New Orleans would have gone over, they surely wouldn't have paid it as a win. Am I wrong?
    And now I lose the same bet twice because of what I was told.

Tbill
    Its only a push/cancel if you win the first part of bet....same rules apply to horse daily double bets where your horse loses first leg and second leg is a scratch you lose the bet. Standard Vegas rule

HedgeHog

I just received a response from Tony, which seems reasonable in my case. Apparently 5D has a rule, which I can't find in their T & C s, that basically says a play can be substituted for a canceled (not tie/push) bet to fill out a teaser which can not be reduced. So basically I lost which I'm fine with if that is in fact their rule. Tbill1, however, was totally misled into making another bet by an inept clerk and should get his $22 back. Here's my correspondence with them, which would be much shorter if my CS rep, Al, had a clue:

Mr. xxxxx,
    Any teaser comibation which has reduced to an amount of winning selections, that does not produce a payout, may have the canceled plays replaced with another selection. Any teaser with losing selections is a loser. Ask for me on Sportbet Livehelp if you have any further questions.
    Sincerely,
    Tony
    Sportbet Operations Manager

Sent: Monday, December 27, 2010 6:22 PM
    To: cs sportbet
    Subject: RE: wager grading

AL:

Pass my email to Tony please or send me his email and I'll forward this conversation to him. You are confusing a canceled event for a tie game and they are two entirely different things.

Thanks, xxxx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To: xxxxxxxx
    Subject: Re: wager grading
    Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 18:15:23 -0500

Dear Customer,

Greetings!
    I deeply apologize for the inconvenience but those are the rules...
    If there is a push in one or more of your individual parts, then the wager steps down to the next lower number of teams.
    If a two-team teaser has a push and a winner, then the teaser is "no-action" (refunded). If a two-team teaser has a tie and a loser, the teaser loses. Unless you have your account set up for "Vegas" teaser rules, where a tie and a loser = a TIE. There is no such thing as "one-team" Teasers.

You can contact Tony, the General Manager over Live Help if you wish to address this matter to him.

If you have any other doubt or concern please do not hesitate, feel free to contact us back anytime.

Best Regards,
    Al
    Customer Service
    www.sportbet.com
    5Dimes Group
    1-800-430-5896

Sent: Monday, December 27, 2010 5:53 PM
    Subject: RE: wager grading

Al:

A cancelled event is not the same thing as an event which ends in a tie, so the rule you displayed isn't pertinent. This is not a question about Las Vegas rules--it's about how a one-team teaser should be graded. The Philly/Minn game was never played--so any two teamer involving it should be void. I would like this matter passed on to someone who can make a final and fair determination (Tony?).

Thank you, xxxxxxx
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To: tomlawler@hotmail.com
    Subject: Re: wager grading
    Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 17:35:52 -0500

Dear Customer,

Greetings!
    This is the rule as stated in our website...
    If there is a push in one or more of your individual parts, then the wager steps down to the next lower number of teams. If a two-team teaser has a push and a winner, then the teaser is "no-action" (refunded). If a two-team teaser has a tie and a loser, the teaser loses. You may have your account set up for "Vegas" teaser rules (a tie and a loser = a TIE). This rule only applies to two-teaser options where tie selections are a push. Any teaser, where ties automatically win or lose, does not apply for "Vegas" teaser rules. By choosing this option, the account will not be eligible for bonuses of any kind. Only teasers played AFTER choosing this option will apply for the "Vegas" rules. Not all accounts will be eligible for this rule change.

You can find this rule on the following link:
    http://www.sportbet.com/articles/wag...s.html#teasers

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Best Regards,
    Al
    Customer Service
    www.sportbet.com
    5Dimes Group
    1-800-430-5896

Sent: Monday, December 27, 2010 5:08 PM
    Subject: wager grading

Dear Wager Grading:

Wager #xxxxxxxxxx involved a 2-team wager in which one of the games, Minny/Philly, was cancelled (moved to a different date). Since the bet cannot be reduced, as is the case with multi-team teasers, the bet should be void--regardless of how the other leg of the bet did. In my case, the other side (Carolina) lost and the bet was graded a loss. However, had the first leg won instead, I had no chance to win with the teaser due to the cancellation. So basically I had a bet that could only lose or push. This happens very rarely, but I believe the proper course of action is to void all two team teasers when one of the legs is not valid. As such, the $50 wager I made should be refunded. Thank you in advance for looking into this matter.

Sincerely,

xxxxxxx xxxxxx
    Last edited by HedgeHog; 12-28-10 at 09:23 AM.

tbill1

I am the OP and would like to update. I reached Tony today and went over my problem with duplicating the teaser based on wrong information provided to me. He told me the clerk was incorrect and refunded me one of my bets ($22)

Tbill

goochalooch
    goochalooch's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good! Glad to hear this had a good outcome.

chachi
    Lazy Git
    chachi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

good on them ...

HedgeHog

Quote Originally Posted by tbill1 View Post
    I am the OP and would like to update. I reached Tony today and went over my problem with duplicating the teaser based on wrong information provided to me. He told me the clerk was incorrect and refunded me one of my bets ($22)

Tbill
    Perfect, exactly as an A+ Book should act. 5-Dimes is still a top Book with Tony stepping up here. And no F-Bombs were launched. Congrats Tbill