JoeVig
    JoeVig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

NCAAB Limits

Man, every year since UIGEA the NCAAB limits go lower. So many places this year on $250 and then circle a lot of those down to $100.

We need a lobbying group like the poker players have.

Max009
    Max009's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeVig View Post
    Man, every year since UIGEA the NCAAB limits go lower. So many places this year on $250 and then circle a lot of those down to $100.

We need a lobbying group like the poker players have.
    You need to expand where you are playing at. You can get up to 4k on most NCAAB at Parlaymakers. I would imagine The Greek and Bookmaker are fairly decent as well but at higher juice.

cloudagh
    cloudagh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

I did notice tp at most books is low for college hoops.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15319

I just feel restricted on CBB totals.

Sucks major ass only being able to get down a few hundred on a really good number.

increasedodds
    increasedodds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Cris $1000
    Pinny $500
    Olympic $500

JoeVig

Quote Originally Posted by increasedodds View Post
    Cris $1000
    Pinny $500
    Olympic $500
    This was $2-5k easy in years past. Even the big boys aren't taking big numbers.

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think this has far more to do with touts like RAS selling NCAABB totals to thousands of clients than it has to do with the UIGEA, UIGEA really did not chase that much square action from the market.

lumpy19
    lumpy19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 480

Cris $1000
    Pinny $500
    Olympic $500
    1k at cris? i can't get more than 500 down. greek also lists 1k in their wagering limits but only lets me bet 500.

John Dough
    John Dough's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10136

Quote Originally Posted by lumpy19 View Post
    1k at cris? i can't get more than 500 down. greek also lists 1k in their wagering limits but only lets me bet 500.
    CRIS does not take 1K.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

I remember pre uigea betting several k at Pinny on a college number and the line never moved. Watch what happens now when you bet 250 on a tp. Drastic change in liquidity--whether you call it sharp or square. Bet Pinny's volume is 1/4 what it was pre uigea.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15319

Quote Originally Posted by katstale View Post
    I remember pre uigea betting several k at Pinny on a college number and the line never moved. Watch what happens now when you bet 250 on a tp. Drastic change in liquidity--whether you call it sharp or square. Bet Pinny's volume is 1/4 what it was pre uigea.
    Was great years ago Pinny had an overnight line on CBB totals with a 500 limit and all the other shops copied their number. Now we get totals on game day with a 100 limit and only one shop with numbers available. This season the industry leader wont even book them. Just keeps on getting worse and worse.

username474
    username474's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post
    I think this has far more to do with touts like RAS selling NCAABB totals to thousands of clients than it has to do with the UIGEA, UIGEA really did not chase that much square action from the market.
    It has everything to do with UIGEA. Literally hundreds of millions of dollars left the market. Winning services money accounts for less then a per cent of total volume.

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by username474 View Post
    It has everything to do with UIGEA. Literally hundreds of millions of dollars left the market. Winning services money accounts for less then a per cent of total volume.
    hundreds of millions out of a hundreds of billions a year industry hardly dented the market.

Sure a lot of square bettors left the market but more importantly guys like Edward at RAS and Dr. Bob exposed just how weak the NCAABK market is and once books realized how badly they could be beaten they have chosen to limit their exposure.

Every slightly educated gambler realizes that the WNBA and the NCAABK are 2 of the easiest markets to beat, this hardly has anything to do with the Unlawful Internet Gambling Act.

underthe total
    under
    underthe total's Avatar Become A Pro!

1h baskets and totals were getting mostly sharp action, any book with sense will tell you they dont want to book only sharp action, they are just protecting there profits. the limits will go up when football is over.

increasedodds
    increasedodds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

This change had nothing to do with the UIGEA. You think the average gambler who gives a crap about the UIGEA (meaning deposits small amounts and won't find a work around) is betting the total on Lafayette vs N Texas?

JoeVig

This change had nothing to do with the UIGEA. You think the average gambler who gives a crap about the UIGEA (meaning deposits small amounts and won't find a work around) is betting the total on Lafayette vs N Texas?
    Your average European is definitely not betting Laf and UNT, but your average American certainly might have been when he could get money easily into a book. Now, offshore is mostly for those pros who care to navigate around the money movement issues, so certainly UIGEA has something to do with it.