ohbrother
    ohbrother's Avatar Become A Pro!

Book denied me sign up bonus, now wants me to wager before withdrawing?

Can a book do this? Signed up to a book, told me can't give me the signing up bonus now wants me to wager my balance before I can withdraw.

This is happening a lot now, anyone signing up to books when they offer a bonus should be very careful, a lot of free bet scams happening at the moment, possibly the global credit crunch?

Bulldog-53
    Bulldog-53's Avatar Become A Pro!

Send a message to Lou regarding this.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

File a complaint.

BChrisB
    BChrisB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Quote Originally Posted by ohbrother View Post
    Can a book do this? Signed up to a book, told me can't give me the signing up bonus now wants me to wager my balance before I can withdraw.

This is happening a lot now, anyone signing up to books when they offer a bonus should be very careful, a lot of free bet scams happening at the moment, possibly the global credit crunch?
    What book? What where the terms of the sign-up bonus? It's not uncommon to have a 1X rollover on your deposit.

Please show details and be specific, it could be as simple as you didn't deposit the minimum to receive it. I know it's ridiculous but this is what a lot of them are doing lately, hiding the details in fine print and obscure links.

djefferis
    djefferis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 437

Can they, absolutely...there is nothing stopping scam operators. SBR can help most times, but if it's a D/F rated book then your likely going to need to bet your balance through before withdrawing a cent.

Should they, depends..why did they deny you your bonus ? For instance, say they denied you a bonus because you are an existing player who signed up using a second account under your dog's name to take advantage of their new player offers then they have a pretty strong position. If they denied the bonus because they determined your wagering to be "non recreational" or "bonus scalping" then that is a grey area..in my opin, they should return less any fee's reimbursed in the initial deposit. Finally, if it was just a management decision to pull a bonus you verified ahead of time was valid for your account, then they owe you back the entire deposit.

Its not uncommon for books to offer bonus' to players, and then rule the account ineligible..works like this, they tell sales its ok to give huge bonus to players with losing records or no prior history..sales is working on commission and offers bonus to caller without first checking the history...player deposits and expects bonus. Management reviews and realizes player is not eligible and denies..fault is on the sales rep for failing to verify, but also faults player for not verifying eligibility.

goucla
    goucla's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 618

tell us the book, never am going to bet there

ah81
    ah81's Avatar Become A Pro!

The term of wagering through your deposit once before withdrawing is pretty standard. Unless you broke a specific term I don't see why they wouldn't give you the bonus, which book was it?

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

If there is nothing more to this, and you were eligible for the signup bonus, they should allow you to withdraw for free, with no restrictions.

316316's Avatar Become A Pro!

i also got the same pr0blem from my bookie.. they said i cant get a sign up bonus and when i was trying to withdraw they told me that i still have to bet more.. i think it's evry bookie's policy to rollover the same amount as you deposited before you can withdraw.

Salamander
    Salamander's Avatar Become A Pro!

This also happened to me with 5Dimes. I transferred money from Matchbook for initial deposit, then they told me no sign-up bonus because I live outside the U.S. something not mentioned clearly anywhere, plus I had to rollover 1x because my intital deposit was a b-to-b transfer . Anyhow, I did get reduced juice and 10% racebook, so I'm glad it worked out that way.