cunpu
    cunpu's Avatar Become A Pro!

Watch out Stan James

Be careful with this bookmaker, they are filthy.

Stan James cancelled one of my bet because their trader thinks the market was closed after a goal was scored. And they think my bet was placed after the goal.

I was not intenional to shoot at this bad line - I swear

I insisted they give evidence about time of goal and time of my bet. This was night on 7th November. They digged out when my bet was accepted and when their market was closed (see below). But they cannot confirm time of the goal. They promised me that a manager would investigate and adviced me to check back on Monday.

Since then I found that my account was blocked (is this necessary or a punishment for raising the issue?) - I could not place any bet or withdraw funds from my account. I've contacted them a couple of times but no one has given me any information about the progress of the investigation or when the invesgitation is expected to finish.

I am wondering if someone here could help me - if Stan James cannot finish the invesgitaiton in a week I am afraid it might take them forever!

I copied the all the information below for your guys' interest.

Live Support

Enter an email address where the chat transcript will be sent after the chat ends.
    Your Email:
    Your Name:

History:
    Thanks for contacting us. An operator will be with you shortly...

[Giancarlo] Hello, Welcome to Stan James Live Support, how may I help you
    [cunpu] hello, i think my bet isn't settled correctly.
    [cunpu] Banfield v Velez : Total Goals (U/O 3.5), Over 3.5, 1.53 £600
    [Giancarlo] One moment please
    [Giancarlo] Yes the bet has been cancelled and you will be receiving an email shortly explaining the situation
    [cunpu] why this is cancelled?
    [cunpu] i see the email now.
    [cunpu] i placed the bet well before the goal was scored.
    [cunpu] you've already applied a delay before accepting the bet.
    [cunpu] i think when you accepted the bet, it was close to the goal scored.
    [cunpu] But these is no way when I placed the bet the goal had been scored.
    [Giancarlo] The bet has been camcelled Mr Zang the goal had already been scored i'm afraid we have traders all over the world trading these matches live and in this occasion the market was left open by mistake, possibly a problem with our software.
    [cunpu] even if there is a problem with your software, my bet is still a fair bet.
    [cunpu] I placed my bet well before the goal was scored.
    [Giancarlo] I am afraid not, the bet has been cancelled and i cannot stand the bet, if you wish to take this matter any further you will have to contact us on an email during the day and a manager can have a look into it. I believe the manager's answer will be the same as mine as it is clearly stated on our rule book.
    [cunpu] do you have a record of when my bet was placed and when the goal was scored?
    [cunpu] you must have the record, otherwise how have you judged to cancel my bet?
    [Giancarlo] One moment please
    [cunpu] My feeling is your traders cancelled my bet because it was accepted very close to the goal.
    [cunpu] The market was closed promptly after goal actually, so it does not seem to be any software problem imo.
    [Giancarlo] I am getting you the information on the bet one moment please
    [Giancarlo] Your bet was placed at 00:34:53, the market should have been closed but was left open till 00:36:09
    [cunpu] when the goal was scored?
    [Giancarlo] The goal was scored on the 59th minute in the match according to our traders
    [cunpu] but what's the global time when the goal was scored?
    [cunpu] your trader left the market open for another 1 minute after my bet was placed, that is irrelevant to my bet imo.
    [cunpu] when the goal was scored?
    [Giancarlo] I will look into this but it will take some time as we are very busy at present ok? If you want to stay on this chat or you can contact us later when I have the exact answer for you.#
    [cunpu] i would stay on this chat.
    [cunpu] it is unfair if your trader does not have a clear goal time.
    [Giancarlo] We are looking into it at present.
    [cunpu] thank you.
    [cunpu] your trader might have left the market open for too long, but it should not affect the bets placed before the goal.
    [Giancarlo] Match started at 23.20 Stats showing 3rd goal was scored 59 mins into the match plus 15 minutes at half time
    [cunpu] so your trader cancelled my bet based on this information?
    [Giancarlo] The trader is currently in play and I cannot contact him directly, can you contact us a bit later, no the trader cancelled the bet as he was watching the match and trading it in-play
    [cunpu] so is this all the information available?
    [cunpu] that match has just finished.
    [cunpu] 23:20+ 45 mins first half + at least 1 minute first half injury time + 15 minutes at half time +14 minutes = the goal was score between 00:35 and 00:36. my bet was placed at 00:34:53
    [Giancarlo] I am checking this with the trader at the moment
    [cunpu] thank you.
    [Giancarlo] Mr Zang I am afraid I cannot get any more information on this issue at the moment can we contact you later on in the day on your email address cunpu1978@gmail.com
    [cunpu] that will be fine.
    [Giancarlo] I will pass all the details to a manager too thank you
    [cunpu] so it seems your trader does not have the global time of the goal?
    [Giancarlo] I cannot get hold of him at the moment so I cannot really answer on his behalf that's why i'd rather get all the facts correct from him and then contact yourself directly.
    [cunpu] alright. looking forward to hearing from you. but i do strongly feel that your trader does not have the global time of the goal.
    [cunpu] i am sure my bet was placed well before the goal.
    [Giancarlo] We will contact you as soon as possible Mr Zang I can understand your frustration but it is better to get all the facts from the tarder first hand.
    [cunpu] i may have to ask for help from arbitrator or SBRforum if the investigation from the manager is not favorable.
    [cunpu] Anyway, thank you for your help and all the information and explanation.
    [Giancarlo] Ok you are welcome to do so Mr Zang
    [Giancarlo] Thanks again
    [cunpu] bye

2010 11 08 18:50
    Live Support

Enter an email address where the chat transcript will be sent after the chat ends.
    Your Email:
    Your Name:

History:

[Nick] Hello, Welcome to Stan James Live Support, how may I help you
    [cunpu] hi, why i always get an error: Sorry, you are not allowed to place bets.
    [Nick] Your account is blocked pending bet investigations from last evening
    [Nick] You will be contacted in due course when the investigation has been completed.
    [cunpu] your trader cancelled one of my bet. but why my account is blocked? I guess that is not really relevant.
    [cunpu] is that kind of punishment?
    [cunpu] punished for my enquiry into the issue?
    [Nick] It is blocked because your account is under investigation, so that would be appropriate action to take
    [cunpu] it is one of my cancelled bet which should be investigated, because your trader should not have cancelled it.
    [cunpu] how come my account is now under investigation? Any problem with my account??
    [Nick] The possibility of a late bet
    [cunpu] so it's the possibility of a late bet that makes you block my account?
    [Nick] Of course, that would be a perfectly reasonable course of action
    [cunpu] so if a customer unknowingly placed a single late bet, you would block his account?
    [cunpu] this seems really arrogant.
    [Nick] Mr Zang these questions are futile as a decision has been made and will not be overturned until the investigation has concluded, at which point we will communicate to you immediately
    [cunpu] when would complete the investigation?
    [cunpu] i was told last evening that your manager would investigate today.
    [cunpu] it is evening now.
    [Nick] I cannot give you a time frame I am afraid but it is being addressed as a matter of urgency so it should not be too long
    [cunpu] within hours, days?
    [Nick] Days
    [cunpu] well, how urgent this is.
    [cunpu] i asked for a record of the global time of the goal, and your colleague told me that he could not get hold of the trader then and asked me check back today.
    [cunpu] Could you please let me know the global time of the goal, because I am pretty confident that my bet was placed well before the goal.
    [Nick] I have no idea of the time, this is what the security department will be looking at and will present you with their findings
    [cunpu] alright.

2010 11 12 17:08
    Live Support

Your Email:
    Your Name:

History:

[Louise] Hello, Welcome to Stan James Live Support, how may I help you?
    [cunpu] hi, my account was blocked since monday
    [Louise] yes that's correct
    [cunpu] WHEN would you expect it may be unblocked?
    [cunpu] One of my bet was cancelled due to late closure of market, when would you expect to finish the investigation about the dispute? it has been 5 full working days.
    [Louise] Im sorry I have no information on the timescale, they will contact you as soon as they have finished investigating
    [cunpu] the investigation is about a bet dispute on Sunday night, about the actual time of a goal. If you continue delaying, i would have to ask help from arbiters, not only for judging the bet, but also if the time you are using to investigate is reasonable.
    [cunpu] I would like you to understand that, if you've not finished your investigation or present any evidence within 24 hours, I will resort the matter to SBR and IBAS.
    [cunpu] could you please pass the message to "them"?
    [Louise] yes I will make a note and pass it on
    [cunpu] right. it's not about the bet now, it's about your attitude! it's 5 working days!
    [Louise] Im sorry I realise it has been a few days now, I have no further information
    [cunpu] looking forward to hearing from you.
    [Louise] ok, thank you
    [cunpu] bye

2010 11 14

Live Support

Your Email:
    Your Name:

History:

[Dean] Hello, Welcome to Stan James Live Support, how may I help you
    [cunpu] i guess my account is still blocked?
    [Dean] One moment please
    [Dean] Yes
    [cunpu] it is now 7th day after you promised to investigate why my bet should have been voided?
    [cunpu] you blocked my account since then and still has not finished the investigation?
    [Dean] Ok, I am sorry about that
    [cunpu] do you think it is normal to take this amount of time to investigate a bet?
    [Dean] Please contact us during the day you will be able to speak with someone who knows more regarding the circumstances
    [cunpu] i spoke to someone yesterday around 5 pm and i got the same answer.
    [cunpu] May I asked you to return the fund in my account of £2346 back to my card please?
    [Dean] No
    [cunpu] are you kidding?
    [Dean] No
    [cunpu] you voided one of my winning bet and blocked my account for 6 days now. And I cannot withdraw funds from my account?
    [Dean] No
    [cunpu] reason of that?
    [Dean] I can not discuss any information with you
    [cunpu] why?

vanman
    vanman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Never had a problem with them in the 10 years i had an account there.

brettels
    brettels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

wow, thats got to be the worst experience i have seen so far, they are even more horrible than betway and i thought that couldn't be possible. i cant give any advice but i hope that gets sorted. you may be able to be a millionaire soon by taking those cheap bastards to court. how can they refuse your own money back and not inform you as to why. you are getting raped by this book unbeleivable.

Greekbet
    Greekbet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 45

It s a difference of some seconds .You won t find your right i think.Traders do illegal things sometimes but we can do nothing.

brettels
    brettels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

if the bet does not stand he should dam well be able to get his money back, something about that can be done. if a bet is accepted in the first place, the bet should stand, stan james is a joke

dikefale
    dikefale's Avatar Become A Pro!

I thought they are good,but this example is huh, i have no words for this.

Absolutelyonfire
    Absolutelyonfire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 474

I used to live in England.......Stan James is the joke of the whole betting industry in the country. Mention Stan James to another bookie and they start laughing !!

protein
    protein's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 751

Stan James is good bookie. At least their lines are wonderful every now and then.

dikefale
    dikefale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tell us important thing,how long after your bet was confirmed goal was scored?

Greekbet
    Greekbet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 45

If you observe always stans james is late to change the odds.For many years they have this problems but they do nothing to resolve it.They are working more like a agency than a internet book.

magynuck
    magynuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3844

their lines are great but strictly a rec book

cunpu

Quote Originally Posted by dikefale View Post

I was watching the match online at the time, which is usually seconds or tens of seconds behind the actual event.

Based on my perception, my bet was placed about 10-15 seconds before the goal appeared on my screen. Stanjames usually appliy a ~8 seconds count down so the bet eventually was accepted seconds before the goal appeared on my screen. Please note this is according to the match shown on my screen. If you compare it to the actual goal time, it should be be significantly longer.

I know I have a lucky strike if Stanjames honored the bet but I would not complain if they void it if they prove it was ACTUALLY late. I suspect their traders have abused their t&c and more importantly that the way they treat their customer is disapointing.

cunpu

Quote Originally Posted by dikefale View Post

This is exactly what I want them to tell me.

cunpu

No progress from Stanjames. 10 days now.

leon
    leon's Avatar Become A Pro!

It s very strange the behaviour of stan.It s a solid book.I can understand the issue about the canceled bet,but really cannot understand how they closed your account.Is there maybe something hidden,that we don t know/?
    Last edited by leon; 11-18-10 at 07:11 AM.

cunpu

Quote Originally Posted by leon View Post
    It s very strange the behaviour of stan.It s a solid book.I can understand the issue about the canceled bet,but really cannot understand how they closed your account.Is there maybe something hidden,that we don t know/?
    They've not closed my account, just blocked it, QUIETLY - cannot bet or withdraw, but can log in. And they've never informed me that my account is blocked. If I didn't try to place a bet or try to withdraw, there is no way to notice that.

There is nothing hidden from my side. Opened account beginning of Nov, deposited on 6th Nov by credit card... then account was suspended and was asked ID and proof and address and provided... account reopened... placed a couple of bets extremelly lucky and won £1500 before the bet dispute...If there is anything hiden, I think it's Stanjames they are hiding something...Maybe they don't want to let people know their traders are cancelling "late" bets.

Are they a solid book? Maybe in the past.

zebras99
    zebras99's Avatar Become A Pro!

SJ limited my account in about two months after opening it. I never bet on their "bad" lines or anything like that. All of my bets were on basketball and I didn't even win anything huge. But they limited me anyway...

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by zebras99 View Post
    SJ limited my account in about two months after opening it. I never bet on their "bad" lines or anything like that. All of my bets were on basketball and I didn't even win anything huge. But they limited me anyway...
    Entirely normal. They only want punters who don't look at the lines, just "pick a winner".