Landprofits
    Landprofits's Avatar Become A Pro!

Opinions on Canbet?

Opinions on Canbet please ladies and gents.........

Mudcat
    Mudcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good book once upon a time but has become irrelevant in recent years. I'm not sure the exact reason. They started using very idiotic bonus terms that made them look stupid and scammy. I don't know if that's the whole story or there is more.

Landprofits

Yeah the bonus terms are a joke. I'm not interested in that bonus at all, but they do have good lines on certain games which I would bet on and was wondering if it was a decent, stable book. I hear different stories...

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20531

there have been several threads over the past couple of years warning to give them a very wide berth

despite the appeal of many of their bonus offers it is almost impossible to meet the conditions

shame, as when they started off as an Aussie book they were very sound

Chopsticks
    Chopsticks's Avatar Become A Pro!

I play there and they are fine.

jimbo747
    jimbo747's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

With any bonus with canbet what I do is bet qualifier on highish odds and lay/dutch for £0 (or as close to £0) loss, or slight profit if poss.
    If bet wins at canbet, ask for bonus to be removed (as not yet used) and withdraw.

If bet loses, treat bonus as fun money, and keep placing on odds as close to 1.01 until wr complete. They also have a multiples offer which can add a bit of value too.

The other method, which I'm not sure if it works, is to place your cash balance on a bet a few days away, and in that time keep betting bonus balance until WR complete. If this method still works, lemme know

AimingHigh
    AimingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm surprised you play there, Chopsticks. They must have some hidden value I haven't spotted. I did notice they'd reduced their juice on NFL lately, but it's still not as good as Pinnacle.

Chopsticks
    Chopsticks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by AimingHigh View Post
    I'm surprised you play there, Chopsticks. They must have some hidden value I haven't spotted. I did notice they'd reduced their juice on NFL lately, but it's still not as good as Pinnacle.
    The value is not hidden at all. It is not like I play there a lot, but I place a bet or two on saturdays if I remember to open up the site. It is not like they will leave 2.20 up when 12bet is 2, but more like 12bet may be 2.19 and canbet have 2.20. I consider them to be a semi-asian in that they are always in line with the market, however sometimes they are slightly better. If you look on the site you can see that they are 1.97/1.97 on asian handicap.

I would never take a bonus there because of all the hassle involved with it, even if there may be strategies that make it work. I did take them up on the "multiple boost" promotion which was actually very good, but don't think I had a winner. And thankfully I opened and verified my account there before they started having weird identity verification policies. I think someone on here said that they had to take a picture showing their face next to a passport or something silly.

lukahh
    lukahh's Avatar Become A Pro!

i never had a problem, but have stopped using them since reading of other ppl problems on this site.

Landprofits

They are owned by an Australian company, and the UK site is licenced by the UK Gambling commission. AFAIK they are reasonably safe, but did read a few negative comments on SBR which is the case with a lot of books anyway - but I was just curious if there were a few more opinions.

davidchong
    davidchong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 697

good book and always pays in frame time... read carefully rules about bonus before take it... GL
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Landprofits

acliff266
    acliff266's Avatar Become A Pro!

many many years ago Canbet was the best, now you can find more reputable.