moonbeam
    moonbeam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Be carefull with 5 Dimes

seems that they only voids the winning late bets

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
    You are now chatting with 'Alen'
    Alen: Hello. How may I assist you today?
    Me: Hello, could you please review my bet 62040920 (Jelena Jankovic-Zarina Diyas) The match has already started as I have placed my bet This match had started at 6:16
    Alen: Can you please confirm your account number and password?
    Me: ******
    Me: ****
    Alen: Just a moment please
    Alen: As i just checked ypur account i see the wager placed
    Alen: What is it exactly that you need with it?
    Me: I guess it should be void because the match has already started
    Alen: Let me check with Wagering department
    Me: ok
    Alen: I just have been informed by our wagering department the this may take time
    Alen: If you want to hold for at least 10 minutes or contact us by then
    Me: I`m waiting
    Me: thanks
    Alen: Can you please call us to get contacted with our Wagering Dept.
    Alen: The wager is good as i just have been confirmed
    Me: I guess my english is to bad for this
    Alen: no sir
    Me: my information is that the match starts at 6:16 and the wager placed at 6:17....
    Alen: bottom line
    Alen: the wager is good
    Me: so could you please provide me with the exact times for the match (starting time of the match and time I placed the wager)?
    Alen: the wager is good, we are not going to cancel
    Alen: sorry
    Me: ok, but please provide me with the exact times for the match (starting time of the match and time I placed the wager. I guess if a wager wins and the match already have started, you void this, isnīt it?
    Alen: I understand your point
    Alen: But the wager went through, and you just contacted us after the match has finished
    Alen: As you have already been informed, the wager cannot be cancelled
    Me: because I thought itīs clear it must be void
    Me: ok, to get this right, if a match already started, and the wager went through, 5 Dimes donīt void the wager even if the wager wins. alright?
    Alen: Wagering department has already taken the decision
    Alen: The wager has already been graded and i am afraid there is nothing that can be done for this matter
    Me: its ok but why canīt you provide me with the exact times (wager time, match starting time)
    Alen: Sir. as you were already told
    Alen: If you need further assistance can call our Wagering Department
    Alen: Besides this matter
    Alen: Is there anything else I can assist you with?
    Me: no thanks

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

One minute after it started? That's not a big deal. And you waited until it was already over?
    You can't expect them to cancel that.

5dimes, though, is totally not worthy of an A+ rating.
    They hate winners and won't hesitate to limit you to $50 quickly.

tripleblack1705
    tripleblack1705's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 938

I don't see the problem with it not being changed.

AimingHigh
    AimingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!

Almost feels like you were taking the shot, OP. How many minutes after you'd placed the bet did you wait to contact them? Within a few minutes, perhaps I can see your point; otherwise, it looks like you were waiting to see how it did, before raising the fact that you bet after the start.

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Moonbeam,
    You constantly start threads about books cheating you and after reading this thread, it has become quite clear that you are the one taking all the shots.

You place a bet and only call in after it loses to try and get it voided. I feel 5 Dimes should charge you for double the loss for trying to take a shot at them.

For the record: I am no fan of 5Dimes as they cut my limits down to nothing and they are the last book I would ever want to defend.

MOONBEAM, STOP TRYING TO CHEAT!!!

John Dough
    John Dough's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10136

Don't take shots at books.

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

If you won and they voided the wager you'd be complaining too, so it seems like you're just upset you lost

CollegePro
    CollegePro's Avatar Become A Pro!

moonbeam... you are complete joke man... like someone else mentioned, if they cancelled your bet after it won, you will still come in here and complain.... only reason why you are complaining is because you lost your bet.... jeez... trying to take advantage....

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

But I understand the guy's point. Had he won, the book more than likely would have cancelled the wager, saying that he bet was placed after the match started. But since it lost, the book did not cancel his wager.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10488

wow - when you gamble man you need to be str up and down , your post dont sound good at all. be careful cas karma will get ur ass , but gl. man

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Since you took a shot they feel obliged to do the same to you.

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    But I understand the guy's point. Had he won, the book more than likely would have cancelled the wager, saying that he bet was placed after the match started. But since it lost, the book did not cancel his wager.
    Yeah the point is book is wrong to free-roll players, but almost all books do that, not just 5 dimes.

moonbeam

Quote Originally Posted by CollegePro View Post
    moonbeam... you are complete joke man... like someone else mentioned, if they cancelled your bet after it won, you will still come in here and complain.... only reason why you are complaining is because you lost your bet.... jeez... trying to take advantage....
    This is BS CollegePro.
    I would have never ever complained if the bet was a winner, because it was a late bet (and I donīt know that it was a late bet, I realise this after I placed the bet)
    Normally all books voids this bets, so there was nothing to complain for me when they void it (winner or loser)

P.S. Iīm only complaining against a book if:
    1. They act against their own rules.
    2. Their rules are very unclear
    Thatīs all,
    Last edited by moonbeam; 10-21-10 at 09:52 AM.

CollegePro

sure.... easy to say it now...

moonbeam

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    Thatīs my point here.
    A few years ago 5Dimes voided a winning wager due to "late bet" rules. Iīm not sure if this was a late bet or not. So I accept it and donīt complain everywhere. But they canīt void the winning bets and the losing ones still stand.

AimingHigh
    AimingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by moonbeam View Post
    I would have never ever complained [/COLOR]if the bet was a winner, because it was a late bet (and I donīt know that it was a late bet, I realise this after I placed the bet)
    Normally all books voids this bets, so there was nothing to complain for me when they void it (winner or loser)

Thatīs all,
    If that's true, how long after you placed it, did you contact them to void it, or check they were voiding it?

Raven66
    Raven66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 685

5Dimes is a sneaky @$$ book. So many players bltch and complain about them. So what if the pay fast, there CS sux, Tony sux, there whole model is a joke.

CollegePro

Just to mention one more thing.... you said according to 5dimes, tennis match starts @ 6:16... but you realize that tennis does not always starts at the time it was scheduled.... when you made a bet @ 6:17, I am sure match wasn't started... you probablly contact them long after...lolz

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Moonbeam,

Please ask to speak to Tony next time, please post the chat here. Thanks.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Sorry dude but your story doesn't fly. If you placed the bet one minute after the match started - which happens quite often with tennis as books don't always adjust for fluctuating starting times - then why did you wait for the match to end before contacting them? For this to have been an innocent bet, the only scenario I can imagine is that you placed the bet and then immediately either turned on the TV or took a look at the scoreboard/stream and noticed the match had started. It's at THAT point that you should've contacted 5Dimes. There's no reason why you'd think after the match had ended to bother comparing the official start time and your wager time. I bet tennis every day and have so for years - I've never once thought to check times. Ever.

They left the line up longer than they should've and you jumped on. Now that Jankovic got smoked you're actually hoping for your cash back? Good luck with that.

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just to mention one more thing.... you said according to 5dimes, tennis match starts @ 6:16... but you realize that tennis does not always starts at the time it was scheduled.... when you made a bet @ 6:17, I am sure match wasn't started... you probablly contact them long after...lolz
    TSRH. i guarandamtee the match did not start at the said 6:16 time slot. you placed the bet before the match and you lost. had you won you woulda been paid.

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

This is BS CollegePro.
    I would have never ever complained if the bet was a winner, because it was a late bet (and I donīt know that it was a late bet, I realise this after I placed the bet)

Thatīs all,
    Obviously they think you were taking a shot by the way you handled it. If you contacted them right after you placed it and realized the situation then atleast you made a good faith effort to call attention to it BEFORE it lost. At that point they would've either voided it for you or told you it's a valid wager, either way you would've been covered. But you waited till after the outcome which means you were taking a shot. Now assuming the times of 6:17 and 6:16 you stated are correct (and that's a big if), then I do agree with you to a point because their rules clearly state action wagered after posted start time are void. So they were in a no lose situation...The bet loses they state it's valid...The bet wins they void it and state their rules. And the fact they wouldn't give you the official times does make it a little shady on their part. But you put youself in that situation by the way you handled it and 5Dimes has no sympathy for "shot takers". And in case your defense is you didnt know it was a late bet until after it was over, no one is going to buy that.

craigpb
    craigpb's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8030

5 Dimes especially won't be tolerant of things like this.

moonbeam

Quote Originally Posted by ehp6737 View Post
    Obviously they think you were taking a shot by the way you handled it. If you contacted them right after you placed it and realized the situation then atleast you made a good faith effort to call attention to it BEFORE it lost. At that point they would've either voided it for you or told you it's a valid wager, either way you would've been covered. But you waited till after the outcome which means you were taking a shot. Now assuming the times of 6:17 and 6:16 you stated are correct (and that's a big if), then I do agree with you to a point because their rules clearly state action wagered after posted start time are void. So they were in a no lose situation...The bet loses they state it's valid...The bet wins they void it and state their rules. And the fact they wouldn't give you the official times does make it a little shady on their part. But you put youself in that situation by the way you handled it and 5Dimes has no sympathy for "shot takers". And in case your defense is you didnt know it was a late bet until after it was over, no one is going to buy that.
    I sayd I realized it directly after I placed my bet (and Jelena already has lost the first game)

And why the hell do I take a shot when I buy a -435 line not realizing Jankovic is 15-40 behind with her serve?
    Ok, that was shot taking
    Last edited by moonbeam; 10-21-10 at 03:48 PM.

moonbeam

Thanks for this dumb advice...and also a lolz for you

moonbeam

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    Moonbeam,

Please ask to speak to Tony next time, please post the chat here. Thanks.
    Thanks durito,
    5Dimes offered me to call them on the phone but you know my english is very limited.
    My last chat with Tony was years ago and I donīt understand anything he said

Cicima6709
    Cicima6709's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1565

I have placed bets with 5d a minute or two after the "start" of the game...and i have won them...and they paid.

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Why wait till it's over you should of contacted them straight away no advantage to gain in a tennis match 1 min late

moonbeam

Quote Originally Posted by Cicima6709 View Post
    I have placed bets with 5d a minute or two after the "start" of the game...and i have won them...and they paid.
    ok, if they do that always, itīs fair

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

I sayd I realized it directly after I placed my bet (and Jelena already has lost the first game)

And why the hell do I take a shot when I buy a -435 line not realizing Jankovic is 15-40 behind with her serve?
    Ok, that was shot taking
    Doesn't matter if the line was -435 or +435. The question still stands, why did you wait till AFTER you lost to bring it to their attention? Doubt if you had won the wager you would've chatted 5Dimes to give the money back right? That's taking a shot. So either you made a wager you thought you could get out of if it lost and if it had won well, then, you wanted the winnings. Or maybe it was an honest mistake on your behalf and you had no intention of misleading anyone and you planned to wait till after the match so you could give back your winnings.

moonbeam

oh dear. I donīt want to answer this BS

CollegePro

Thanks for this dumb advice...and also a lolz for you
    holy shit... you are dumb man... you thought that was advice??? WOW

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

they've honored winning bets ive placed a minute after start time aswell......also if you werent taking a shot, why did you wait until the match was over to contact them.

5dimes has a lotta problems and shiestiness but when people see stuff like this, they start to think all the complaints are just a buncha pettiness, wolf-crying, fabrication, inaccuracy etc.

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

If the OP realized immediately after placing the bet that the match had started I don't see what the problem is. 5D was freerolling him. Tony is quick to call people cheaters and shot takers when they past-post, but if someone inadvertently past post betting the side that was already losing because 5D didn't take it off the board, they're taking a shot at him. It has to be a 2 way street, you can't have a policy one way if it helps you and another way if it would help your customer.

It's the same reason why 5D is a joke for claiming some "bad line" nonsense when they offer lines like X +350 Y -99999.

Greekbet
    Greekbet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 45

Some players like the risks placing bets at the last minute.Of course every book has the advantage to cancel a bet ,doing tricks ,confidence tricks,with the seconds of minute.

12 Last