frank230568
    frank230568's Avatar Become A Pro!

Problem with Stan James

I have received an email today from Stan James stating that the price of 7/5 on their website for which I place £64 was a mistake and the actual odds should have been 5/8. I am told to either accept these odds or take a refund. My problem is I have already placed a bet to the other team to cover this bet.

Any help and advice would be welcome

Regards

Frank

P.S the game in question is Boston Celtics v Toronto Raptors

JustinBieber
    JustinBieber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 149

Hello frank,

For what its worth I havn't had any problems with Stanjames in the past. I am now limited there but whilst I was there I regularly arbed them and did other things got paid promptly and left. I am assuming you bet 7/5 on the Celtics which would make sense as this is an obviously bad line. There procedure seems very fair since this is a clearly a mistake on their behalf. If I were in your situation I would take a refund and hope Toronto wins, if you are a huge nit though you should take a refund and negative arb for as small loss as you can find.

frank230568
    frank230568's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for the reply. I'm very new to this arb business but find it a little unfair they can't/won't honour their price. Looking at it for this one now I just gonna take my loss and learn from it. Will be reading a lot on this forum now over the next few days ;-)

Frank

moonbeam
    moonbeam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by frank230568 View Post
    I have received an email today from Stan James stating that the price of 7/5 on their website for which I place £64 was a mistake and the actual odds should have been 5/8. I am told to either accept these odds or take a refund. My problem is I have already placed a bet to the other team to cover this bet.

Regards

Frank

Honestly, I can tell you that StanJames likes arbitrage punters like you a lot
    Last edited by moonbeam; 10-15-10 at 10:02 PM.

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

that is the problem with some arbitrage the bookies can cancel the bets at any time, but it is obvious mistake, just cut your loses and lay the bet at betfair.

King_Suckerman
    King_Suckerman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12903

All bookies have rules about "palpable errors". If it looks to good to be true, it usually is.

-105's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's unfair to call this thread "Problem with sam james"it should be called "I think my bets on obvious bad lines should stand"

FYI you get over 10% equity on an arb, good luck having both bets stand

damo05
    damo05's Avatar Become A Pro!

i used this book years ago, very quick to limit you. think i was to $1, they did this very very quick...

Landprofits
    Landprofits's Avatar Become A Pro!

Regards

Frank

I'm afraid that is a palpable error and the majority of books retain the right in their terms and conditions to either refund the bet or let it stand at the correct odds.

lukahh
    lukahh's Avatar Become A Pro!

never place a bet which looks too good to be true = above 5% of market average.

althelegend
    althelegend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17312

Betting on a way out of line offer is asking for trouble.

dealer wins
    dealer wins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11819

Thanks for the reply. I'm very new to this arb business but find it a little unfair they can't/won't honour their price. Looking at it for this one now I just gonna take my loss and learn from it. Will be reading a lot on this forum now over the next few days ;-)

Frank
    Wont last long before you blow your whole bankroll if you carry on like this lol.

kostasgr
    kostasgr's Avatar Become A Pro!

PLAY THE CANCELED BET IN A PARLAY!!

Absolutelyonfire
    Absolutelyonfire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 474

I used to live in UK, and everyone there knows Stan James is a joke of a book. I used to use an independent book there and he would except any other books lines except Stan James. Even if you could get their odds I would be amazed if you could bet more than 20 GBP.

kostasgr
    kostasgr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Stan james,is the best book ,till the time they will limit you!!