bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

BetWay voids winnings; blames software updates

BetWay (SBR rating C) voids winnings; blames software updates

BetWay tells player his wager was 150 euros above the limit and will not stand. The decision was made despite that [iSBRFORUM]Betway[/iSBRFORUM] confirmed the wager, deducted the funds for the pending bet, and addressed the issue after his funds were already risked. Betway apologized to the player for what it calls a system malfunction, but refused to pay winnings in full. Players should be aware that recent software upgrades have caused the website to perform incorrectly and players may be held responsible for errors.

Champi
    Champi's Avatar Become A Pro!

True.The main error in new software is that the bets above their limit are accepted and confirmed with message on the screen after the bet is placed-but actually the bet isnt placed.
    I should check every time my history.
    Also i see they operate now under Maltese license under the name GNUF LTD -One of Microgaming Poker site.

noyb
    noyb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6821

important difference is when i bet over the limit on the new website the money was never subtracted from my account and the bets were not to be found anywhere again, so it was quite obvious the bet had not been placed at all.

apparently in this case if the player was telling the truth his money apparently did get subtracted from his balance and the bets were actually shown placed, the book should definitely pay in that case.

either way, it's soo terrible unprofessional to put up a new website, not test it properly and just keep a bug like the one I was writing about (show the bet as being accepted, but not subtracted or placed) online for at least a week, even while they knew about the error. it makes no sense at all.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Quote Originally Posted by noyb View Post
    important difference is when i bet over the limit on the new website the money was never subtracted from my account and the bets were not to be found anywhere again, so it was quite obvious the bet had not been placed at all.

apparently in this case if the player was telling the truth his money apparently did get subtracted from his balance and the bets were actually shown placed, the book should definitely pay in that case.

either way, it's soo terrible unprofessional to put up a new website, not test it properly and just keep a bug like the one I was writing about (show the bet as being accepted, but not subtracted or placed) online for at least a week, even while they knew about the error. it makes no sense at all.
    Yes, according to the email conversation it was acknowledged by Betway that the bet was taken and confirmed.

noyb
    noyb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6821

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    Yes, according to the email conversation it was acknowledged by Betway that the bet was taken and confirmed.
    ok, well in that case it's difficult to see any reason why the book should not pay. it seems a bit far fetched to expect from players they know what their own betting limits are, even when the system gives them a larger stake, and a player should not have to pay for the apparent lousy testing job betway did on the new website before launching it.

citlec
    citlec's Avatar Become A Pro!

You are in a no win situation with this because im 100% sure that if you had placed a bet over the limit and it was accepted then if the bet had lost they would have kept the money and they void if it wins.

papadsp
    papadsp's Avatar Become A Pro!

My brother had the same problem with two of his bets. The bets were taken and confirmed, he show the confirmations and they took the money from his account and made the entries at MY ACCOUNT/Transactions. But there were not entries at MY ACCOUNT/My bets.

papadsp

and something else... How can a player place a bet above the limits? And why they canceled the bets after the games were over?
    My brother is responsible for the upgrade? My brother has to pay for their fault?

bigboydan

Have you filled out a complaint form yet papadsp?

papadsp

my brother did. yes.

papadsp

My brother would like to thank the forum and mr Josh West from the forum for his help. His bets was fully paid today ... in fact Betway gave him 121 euros over his bets for the trouble they caused and they apologized for the inconvenience. You make incredible Job here.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Canceling bets in this situation is unsatisfactory, unless the player knew he was betting over the limit. At $150 over, that's a hard sell.

Pay the player.

bigboydan

Player vs. BetWay Resolution

Betway (SBR rating C) has credited the player for the full amount of winnings as well as given him a bonus for the inconvenience. Betway apologized to the player and states that the software issue has been addressed.

[iSBRFORUM]BetWay[/iSBRFORUM]:
    I have gone through your case with the relevant person and we chose to refund your winnings to your account. We truly apologize for the inconvenience.We have had some difficulties with the new site, but as everything new, it's hard to get things to run smoothly from the start. It seems now though, that we are close to be back on track again. And we are extremely exited with that. We hope you find this acceptable and wish you a great day.Warm Regards

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Lakerfan (Josh) worked this one hard and did a nice job. Hopefully Betsafe realizes players are watching and talking.

braveheart1
    braveheart1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by papadsp View Post
    My brother had the same problem with two of his bets. The bets were taken and confirmed, he show the confirmations and they took the money from his account and made the entries at MY ACCOUNT/Transactions. But there were not entries at MY ACCOUNT/My bets.
    This was exactly my case. My two bets were confirmed and the money were taken from my account. I could find them at transactions but not at my bets. However, and although my bets were winers, and despite numerous emails, i did not manage to get my winnings but they just voided the bets...

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by braveheart1 View Post
    This was exactly my case. My two bets were confirmed and the money were taken from my account. I could find them at transactions but not at my bets. However, and although my bets were winers, and despite numerous emails, i did not manage to get my winnings but they just voided the bets...
    Have you filled out a complaint form yet sir?

braveheart1
    braveheart1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    Have you filled out a complaint form yet sir?
    I sent you an email with my story on 15th of April together with the emails i exchanged with the bookmaker but no solution until now unfortunatelly...

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Betway is at it again. They have confiscated all winnings from a player, claiming he is using some "Money Method". Their justification is nonsensical.

Josh, could you pm the contact you used for this?