Winner_13
    Winner_13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1087

Why do live bets at pinny if they can take a poisition and just cancel?

because of the danger zone rule.

I wouldn't even bother live betting there

convince me otherwise

trixtrix
    trixtrix's Avatar Become A Pro!

i'd imagine it's b/c of the slim bid/ask spread and large limits they take, for smaller players who don't care about shortchanged a dollar or two i guess it don't really matter

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Based on the feedback/rumours about live bets being canceled, is there cause for concern about Pinnacle taking shots?

Pareto
    Pareto's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 52093

Well, I have now had wagers cancelled when the following events have been both to my advantage and disadvantage, so I dont believe they take shots.

I did however have one cancelled wager that was very strange. It was cancelled even though it wasnt a "runningball wager". I wrote them concerning this matter but couldnt get a clear answer.
    I decided not to go further with this matter as the goal was scored immediately after the bet went through. So it was fair enough that it was cancelled. It was just strange that I hadnt recieved the "runningball wager" warning.

Arilou
    Arilou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 949

There is no other way to deal live soccer. If you don't have a rule of this type then players can wait for a developing situation likely to lead to a goal, bet the thin juice and take a shot. There are two choices: Cancel wagers when something happens right away, no matter for which side and in a fair and clean way, which in no way changes the effective price/vig you pay to wager, or have games offline a staggering percentage of the time to guard against that. Simply take into account that your wager is only good if nothing happens right away and adjust the fair odds accordingly.

Also note that in other sports there is no such rule, because they have breaks, but this is why the line isn't live all the time.

moonbeam
    moonbeam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Arilou View Post
    There is no other way to deal live soccer. If you don't have a rule of this type then players can wait for a developing situation likely to lead to a goal, bet the thin juice and take a shot. There are two choices: Cancel wagers when something happens right away, no matter for which side and in a fair and clean way, which in no way changes the effective price/vig you pay to wager, or have games offline a staggering percentage of the time to guard against that. Simply take into account that your wager is only good if nothing happens right away and adjust the fair odds accordingly..
    Of course there are other and much more better ways to deal live soccer. Their danger zone rule gives them the right to void every wager the way they want or not. Nobody knows whats the rules here. I have a "danger zone" wager in the UEFA Euro League a few days ago and a goal was scored against my bet 10 seconds after placing my bet. Did Pinnacle void this bet? NO!
    This rule is absolutly unclear and gives Pinnacle the right to do whatever they want

tomcowley
    tomcowley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6786

Quote Originally Posted by Arilou View Post
    There is no other way to deal live soccer.
    Pick an official source for the time a goal is scored. Make all live wagers contingent on no score in the next 1-3'. At the 18' mark, the market would say "Action at 20'". At the 19' mark, "action at 21'". Etc. This accomplishes what you want with no judgment calls.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Pinny don't seem to do their rep much favour with livebetting.

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

TomCowley, your suggestion is perfect and you should recommend it to Pinnacle to deal with their live soccer betting.

I can't bet there so it doesn't matter to me one way or the other but your suggestion is really a good one.

bubba
    bubba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8458

Quote Originally Posted by tomcowley View Post
    Pick an official source for the time a goal is scored. Make all live wagers contingent on no score in the next 1-3'. At the 18' mark, the market would say "Action at 20'". At the 19' mark, "action at 21'". Etc. This accomplishes what you want with no judgment calls.
    they used to do that for baseball. they would put up a line in the bottom of the fith and it was no action if a run was scored in that inning

pjesnik24
    kicked out
    pjesnik24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13320

Quote Originally Posted by moonbeam View Post
    Of course there are other and much more better ways to deal live soccer. Their danger zone rule gives them the right to void every wager the way they want or not. Nobody knows whats the rules here. I have a "danger zone" wager in the UEFA Euro League a few days ago and a goal was scored against my bet 10 seconds after placing my bet. Did Pinnacle void this bet? NO!
    This rule is absolutly unclear and gives Pinnacle the right to do whatever they want
    why do you still use livebetting at pinnacle after what happened to you some time ago?

moonbeam
    moonbeam's Avatar Become A Pro!

I normally donīt use pinnacles "danger zone" livebetting scam.
    This was just a 20 Euro bet.