tomcowley
    tomcowley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6786

Bookmaker CS are the dumbest MFers I've ever dealt with

So to use live chat, you're supposed to type in your username, password, and email address. Your username and password are then displayed as your chat name - and saved and automatically brought up the next time you use live chat. To say this is horribly insecure is an understatement- any dumb mfer who walks by your computer now has your username and password. And to top it all off, they refuse to use the information you type in.

Chat InformationPlease wait for a site operator to respond.

Chat InformationYou are now chatting with 'CS - Lowell'

CS - Lowell: Welcome to the Live Chat Support. How may I help you today?

bkr***** mypassword: hello?

CS - Lowell: hi

bkr***** mypassword: what is the status of my withdrawal

CS - Lowell: Can you please confirm your password?

bkr***** mypassword: ...

CS - Lowell: Can you please confirm your password?

bkr***** mypassword: uh it said to type it with my name so I did

CS - Lowell: can you confirm it again ?

bkr***** mypassword: why, in case I'm a hacker who can't copy and paste correctly?

bkr***** mypassword: you can see it, I can see it, wtf??

CS - Lowell: for further assistance you must confirm your password ! or you can give us a call

bkr***** mypassword: what does my chat name say? copy what you see

CS - Lowell: sir . i will not argue about this issue. if you like to have further assistance over this chat you will have to confirm your password or you can give us a call

CS - Lowell: 866-9-BOOKMAKER.

bkr***** mypassword: read my chat name. Username and password, just like it asked for

bkr***** mypassword: if you won't assist me, transfer me to a supervisor ASAP

CS - Lowell: the only way i can transfer you is after you confirm your password . this is a verification procedure on this chat . i already have the info you need . just need to confirm your password

bkr***** mypassword: I already verified my password in my chat name

CS - Lowell: you need to do it again

bkr***** mypassword: why?

CS - Lowell: its the procedure

CS - Lowell: all customer must do

bkr***** mypassword: and you're telling me you refuse to transfer to supervisor?

CS - Lowell: i can transfer you if you confirm first

bkr***** mypassword: explain WHY you can't read my password from my chat name

bkr***** mypassword: not just that I'm supposed to retype

bkr***** mypassword: there is absolutely no reason to have to type it twice

CS - Lowell: it a normal procedure . i already have the info you need . but i cannot give out the any type of info about any account if the customer do not confirm password

bkr***** mypassword: I confirm that my password is what my chat name is, which is clearly visible to both of us 30 times in this window

CS - Lowell: in that case please give us a call .

bkr***** mypassword: please transfer me to a supervisor

CS - Lowell: is not possible without confirmation .

CS - Lowell: i understand that you put your info when you entered this chat

bkr***** mypassword: please check with your supervisor about that

CS - Lowell: but you need to confirm the password to get further assistance

bkr***** mypassword: so how could typing it in again possibly protect either of us

bkr***** mypassword: if I'm not the account owner, I still know the passowrd since it's typed in

bkr***** mypassword: if I am, you're just ****ing with me

CS - Lowell: i have to follow procedure

CS - Lowell: so that wont be difficult to confirm correct ?

bkr***** mypassword: check with your supervisor about procedure, that's what he's there for

bkr***** mypassword: or explain why I type it in the chat name in the first place

CS - Lowell: let me transfer to a supervisor ...

Chat InformationPlease wait while I transfer the chat to 'csmauricio'.

Chat InformationYou are now chatting with 'csmauricio'

csmauricio: Welcome to the Live Chat Support. How may I help you today?

bkr***** mypassword: I just want to know the status of my withdrawal

csmauricio: Can you please confirm your password?

bkr***** mypassword: it's in my chat name after my account name

csmauricio: Sr, i'm not going to be over and over about this matter, its simple, just confirm the password and we can end this chat in less than 5 minutes, is the procedure and all the customers have to follow the rules and instructions

bkr***** mypassword: explain why I type it in the chat name if you don't use it

bkr***** mypassword: and it stores that information on the computer which is extremely insecure

bkr***** mypassword: your procedure is garbage, any moron could come click live chat and get my account and password

csmauricio: For security reasons I can not give you that information over the chat, but I can send you an e-mail with it. For verification purposes please give me your full name, e-mail address, zip code, phone number and the last deposit method used.

bkr***** mypassword: and I follow your garbage procedure, and then you want my password again

csmauricio: ok, in that case please

bkr***** mypassword: this is unacceptable

csmauricio: sorry but is the rule

csmauricio: if you already put it with your acct number why you can not reconfirmed

bkr***** mypassword: if I already put it why can't you read it and use it?

csmauricio: ok

csmauricio: Please call our Customer Service Department at the toll free number 1-800-5968946. They will be able to give you further information and help over the phone.

bkr***** mypassword: explain how copying something that's in the window 50 times adds any layer of security

bkr***** mypassword: you already have my email address, I'm sure it's not insecure to email the details I asked for to the address on file

bkr***** mypassword: or is there some miracle way to hack that too?

And they hung up on me.

A+ all around.

ipickwinners
    ipickwinners's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

whats wrong with u? trying to be a tough guy, EVER customer has to do this. since u now know this, why type in ur password before u start to chat with them? just be a normal person and type it in when they ask u for it, idiot

tomcowley

Tough guy, yeah, I guess I can do it without threats or abusive language. I'm that good.

ipickwinners
    ipickwinners's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

no ur just an idiot

tomcowley

Sure. Cris representatives are free to show how stupid I am by explaining

1) How displaying the password during the entire chat is not a security risk

2) How confirming the password again in chat while it's visible as a chat name provides any extra security for the player or the book.

I'm not holding my breath.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

They are allowed to do as they wish as they do not need you.

chriscapper
    chriscapper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Are you kidding me. You just made BM cust service look like Harvard honors graduates. No wonder why customer service always gives me n attitude at my books. They have to deal with non-sence like this.

tomcowley

Yeah, the brilliance of refusing to help after I give them username and password. Is that what passes for an Ivy league education these days?

13th Street
    13th Street's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Hey man,
    I had the same experience when dealing with BM.
    I thought it was one of the most stupid things a company can ask you to do, have your ID & Password displayed as your on-screen ID. It adds zero protection value to the customer, (us).
    Then need to retype both for assistance when it's visible to anyone who has the awesome power of sight...?
    RETARDED!!!

They should ask for your ID, & that is your screen name. Then once you're involved in the chat forum, then ask for the password. makes sense to me. That way your password is not all over your screen 75 times!

At the company I work for, technical support personal actually bitch at me if say my password to them, while they are assisting me with a problem or question. They never want you to give out that info, b/c it jeaprodizes their company's security.

With BM the only one truely at risk is the player giving out his secret info. (not BM)

So, be rude, or non-understanding about this issue. It's such a dumb way to identify the customer anyway.

Stick to your guns! You are right!

GL

tomcowley

Quote Originally Posted by moses millsap View Post
    They are allowed to do as they wish as they do not need you.
    Sadly, you're right. Their live chat is generally incompetent even when you're trying to be cooperative. I've had good-to-great CS from 10 other books, but these guys are lucky to answer a simple question the same way twice in a row.

noyb
    noyb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6821

as a user of another skin, Betcris i can't remember your password actually being in your screen name, perhaps that's a Bookmaker-thing or I just didn't notice; nevertheless you have to confirm your pw every time to some clerk you do not know anyting about (altough I'm sure they can rob your account even without you giving them your pw). i gotta admit: the whole pw in your screen thing is even worse.

it's strange these books have so little respect for the customers safety, still if an account is hacked, it's always the customer who should have protected his password better.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

I'd not only have ended the chat, I'd have closed your account.

DukeJohn
    DukeJohn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Well, I noticed they asked me to confirm my password once. I thought how odd that was, since it was right in front of them as my chat name. So, the next time I went to live chat, I just left off my password and only used my account number and if worked fine for me.

Give it a try, this was a while back when I did it.

AgainstAllOdds
    From the Villas to world #1
    AgainstAllOdds's Avatar Become A Pro!

cowley your an idiot...why not just confirm the ****ing PW and move on?

Its people like you that make CS pissy.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

That was funny at 1st but you should've let it die and just complied.

marta aguirre
    marta aguirre's Avatar Become A Pro!

what an idiot... you should always confirm your pwd for your own security.. do u want someone to get into your account and get into the chat and bet ??? as...h..

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

lol

tomcowley

Quote Originally Posted by marta aguirre View Post
    what an idiot... you should always confirm your pwd for your own security.. do u want someone to get into your account and get into the chat and bet ??? as...h..
    Reading is fundamental.

UncleChris
    UncleChris's Avatar Become A Pro!

Until today I thought I were a big stubborn.

DrLuck
    DrLuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 624

Man if you feel like a stupid person just read this thread and you'll feel a lot better about yourself...

Thremp
    Thremp's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think people assume there's some sort of mutual exclusion going on.

You were/are an idiot for doing this.
    Cris CS is beyond incompetent.

My usually MO is too try 3-4 different CS people/managers/etc if I really need something done. Usually with my work ethic it only takes about 2 weeks for this to occur.