todd73nj
    todd73nj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1885

Matchbook - Futures not being settled as promised

It appears Matchbook has gone back on their promise to settle futures at a very fair price.

I thought they were handling this pretty good up until this point. I have been emailing Matchbook since the date of closure, wanting to get my futures settled, get my money and be done with them. They have been promising me settlement at a fair price - next week - in a few days - etc. I emailed them once again to try to get my futures settled and pay my $35 and get my money. Here is the latest response:

Dear Todd,

The decision made by the new owners after advise from their legal team and the regulators in Antigua is to let the futures settle as normal when the events are final. Funds to cover the winnings plus stake amounts on all pending wagers will be turned over to the regulator in Antigua after the 31st of March. Once the events are settled, the regulator will pay out all outstanding ** ********* balances.

You will not have access to your account after the 31st of March. We will send a report of the futures wagers on your account for your records on or close to the 31st of March.

Once your wagers have settled, your winnings will be paid out by ********** or **** depending on the size of the payment. There will be a $35 fee for this withdrawal however if you have already paid the fee in order to withdraw your available balance before the 31st of March, you will not have to pay the fee a second time.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us by email or live chat (via our Contact Us page).

Kind Regards

Matchbook Withdrawals

This is bullshit. I want my money. I want out. I dont want to deal with Antiguan regulators. I want to get paid as they originally said I would get paid. They were going to settle futures at a more than fair price and then process my withdrawal. I have both cash and futures in my account - and now I have to wait till the end of the NHL and NBA season? The middle of June? My money will sit in limbo for 3 months? As of March 31st I will have no access to my account? Its my money. I should always have access to it.

Pay your players who you kicked to the curb, Matchbook.
    Last edited by shari91; 03-17-11 at 04:06 AM.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20592

If it were I, I wouldn't be too upset by this.

After all I'd have had to wait until the futures were determined to be paid had Matchbook not decided to exit US so no difference there.

I don't understand why you are saying you have cash in your account. The email doesn't say you have to wait for that and my understanding is that all cash balances and commission credits were to be paid out.

todd73nj

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    If it were I, I wouldn't be too upset by this. After all I'd have had to wait until the futures were determined to be paid had Matchbook not decided to exit US so no difference there. I don't understand why you are saying you have cash in your account. The email doesn't say you have to wait for that and my understanding is that all cash balances and commission credits were to be paid out.
    Think about what you are saying.

1) I no longer have an accessible account as of 3/31. If Matchbook wasnt leaving the USA and it was business as usual Id be fine with letting my futures expire. Thats why I bought them. But as of 3/31 Matchbook is no longer involved with my account. I dont have any +10000 futures. I am short 1 team for Stanley cup and 1 for NBA Championship. The to win amount is minimal. I want my money FROM MATCHBOOK - the company that has the most to lose from not paying its old customers. I trusted matchbook with my money when I was their client.

2) Matchbook says only one withdrawal can be made. So I have no choice but to let the Antiguan regulators handle this and my withdrawal.

3) Can you tell me about your experiences with the Antiguan regulators?

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by todd73nj View Post

1) I no longer have an accessible account as of 3/31. If Matchbook wasnt leaving the USA and it was business as usual Id be fine with letting my futures expire. Thats why I bought them. But as of 3/31 Matchbook is no longer involved with my account. I dont have any +10000 futures. I am short 1 team for Stanley cup and 1 for NBA Championship. The to win amount is minimal. I want my money FROM MATCHBOOK - the company that has the most to lose from not paying its old customers. I trusted matchbook with my money when I was their client.

2) Matchbook says only one withdrawal can be made. So I have no choice but to let the Antiguan regulators handle this and my withdrawal.

I must missed the part about only one withdrawal being allowed when there are futures at stake.
    Where are you getting that from?
    Have you confirmed it with them?

You are sounding rather paranoid to me.
    What use is being able to access your account if you can't use it and have been provided with full details of outstanding futures?
    I have no reason to doubt the integrity and efficiency of the Antiguan regulators to do the job.
    I'd rather have my money in their hands than most of the bookies in their jurisdiction.

Hareeba!

I must have missed the part about only one withdrawal being allowed when there are futures at stake.
    Where are you getting that from?
    In fact they refer to only one $35 fee being payable so clearly that's not correct?
    Have you confirmed it with them?

You are sounding rather paranoid to me.
    What use is being able to access your account if you can't use it and have been provided with full details of outstanding futures?
    I have no reason to doubt the integrity and efficiency of the Antiguan regulators to do the job.
    I'd rather have my money in their hands than most of the bookies in their jurisdiction.

todd73nj

I must missed the part about only one withdrawal being allowed when there are futures at stake. Where are you getting that from? Have you confirmed it with them? You are sounding rather paranoid to me. What use is being able to access your account if you can't use it and have been provided with full details of outstanding futures? I have no reason to doubt the integrity and efficiency of the Antiguan regulators to do the job. I'd rather have my money in their hands than most of the bookies in their jurisdiction.
    MB has told me one withdrawal only on prior occasions - I am assuming this to still be true. But I guess by the way they say one thing about closing futures and then decide not too - who knows. I will ask again. But even if this is the case and I can get my cash now - I want the rest of it too. I want my money paid to me by the company that I sent it to. Not someone I never dealt with.

I do not see one post on here where people have actually dealt with regulators. Im going to have an email from Matchbook showing my future positions - no account - no nothing. Maybe SBR could ease apprehension that I have. But I just feel like Matchbook had EVERYTHING to lose by not paying people - and was never once worried that I wouldnt get paid. But now - I will no longer be the responsibility of Matchbook.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21761

If it were I, I wouldn't be too upset by this.

After all I'd have had to wait until the futures were determined to be paid had Matchbook not decided to exit US so no difference there.

I don't understand why you are saying you have cash in your account. The email doesn't say you have to wait for that and my understanding is that all cash balances and commission credits were to be paid out.
    Not quite true. One could normally buy (hedge) out of positions. and then have the cash available to withdraw or wager with. So let's say, for example, he bet 25000/1000 at -2500 on OKlahoma City NOT to win title. He could offer 1000/25000 at +2500 to win and if it was matched, it would be a wash and the money in his account. He wouldn't necessarily have to wait until the even finally settled. If the price was good, he could sell his position and even make money on both sides. This is kind of the whole idea with a market and trading.

todd73nj

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Not quite true. One could normally buy (hedge) out of positions. and then have the cash available to withdraw or wager with. So let's say, for example, he bet 25000/1000 at -2500 on OKlahoma City NOT to win title. He could offer 1000/25000 at +2500 to win and if it was matched, it would be a wash and the money in his account. He wouldn't necessarily have to wait until the even finally settled. If the price was good, he could sell his position and even make money on both sides. This is kind of the whole idea with a market and trading.
    Very good point.

But the bottom line here - I just want to get paid. I want to be done with Matchbook - and not have my money/futures moved anywhere else. If I had warning of them closing to US Players 30 days in advance - I would have closed out and withdrawn. If I get fair market value right now. I can place my wagers somewhere else.

Strange Design
    Strange Design's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

MB has told me one withdrawal only on prior occasions - I am assuming this to still be true.
    I specifically asked about this when I spoke with them yesterday. The one withdrawal rule doesn't apply to futures. So you pay a $35 one-time fee to withdraw your cash balance pre-3/31. That gets paid within 21 business days. When the futures settle, the regulators pay out any winnings from those futures without a fee.

The fact that you have short futures certainly makes your situation worse than most, so I can understand why you're upset, but at least your cash balance isn't tied up in the meantime.

jizay
    Update your status
    jizay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Design View Post
    I specifically asked about this when I spoke with them yesterday. The one withdrawal rule doesn't apply to futures. So you pay a $35 one-time fee to withdraw your cash balance pre-3/31. That gets paid within 21 business days. When the futures settle, the regulators pay out any winnings from those futures without a fee.

The fact that you have short futures certainly makes your situation worse than most, so I can understand why you're upset, but at least your cash balance isn't tied up in the meantime.
    And what if, after 3 months of having no account, the Antiguan regulators, who he doesn't even know how to communicate with, don't have records of his futures and payout due? Fortunately, I had no open positions, because I wouldn't like this one bit.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by jizay View Post
    And what if, after 3 months of having no account, the Antiguan regulators, who he doesn't even know how to communicate with, don't have records of his futures and payout due? Fortunately, I had no open positions, because I wouldn't like this one bit.
    what if !!!

good grief !!

I'm sure Matchbook will provide all relevant information to players and the regulator, including contact information. Ask them for it if not.

FFS have some faith !

todd73nj

Can I ask who you spoke with? Because when I was on live help that did not give me any of that information. So matchbook will pass my withdrawal information onto the regulators? And like you said winnings will be paid out - but I need my cash to be paid out from the shorts!

what if !!!

good grief !!

I'm sure Matchbook will provide all relevant information to players and the regulator, including contact information. Ask them for it if not.

FFS have some faith !
    Dont you understand?? Once 3/31 comes - Matchbook is done with this. Do I trust Matchbook to pay everyone? Yes. But they are handing my account off to what could be some fraudulent agency that collects fees to give some illusion of legitimacy.

Have some faith in a new company that wouldn't do a direct interview with the SBR. Have some faith in a company that lied directly to SBR about closing to Americans. Have some faith in a exit plan that had to be emailed out 3 times before they figured out what they were doing. Have some faith in a having your futures closed at a more than fair price.

Sounds to me like the only thing to have faith in.. is they make it up as they go along.

jizay
    Update your status

what if !!!

good grief !!

FFS have some faith !
    Pretty irritating response. The group running Matchbook is entirely new and no one has much of any experience with them, so why are you telling people to have faith? The "Antiguan regulator" is a body that most of us know nothing about and have never dealt with. So why should someone have faith in them? Dude has a legitimate complaint and you appear to be cheerleading for MB for reasons I can't understand.

Hareeba!

Can I ask who you spoke with? Because when I was on live help that did not give me any of that information. So matchbook will pass my withdrawal information onto the regulators? And like you said winnings will be paid out - but I need my cash to be paid out from the shorts!

Dont you understand?? Once 3/31 comes - Matchbook is done with this. Do I trust Matchbook to pay everyone? Yes. But they are handing my account off to what could be some fraudulent agency that collects fees to give some illusion of legitimacy.

Have some faith in a new company that wouldn't do a direct interview with the SBR. Have some faith in a company that lied directly to SBR about closing to Americans. Have some faith in a exit plan that had to be emailed out 3 times before they figured out what they were doing. Have some faith in a having your futures closed at a more than fair price.

Sounds to me like the only thing to have faith in.. is they make it up as they go along.

yeah, I understand okay
    you're paranoid

you will get your money if any of your futures come home

todd73nj

yeah, I understand okay you're paranoid you will get your money if any of your futures come home
    If any of my futures come home? You still dont get it. If you short the Nashville Preds to win the Stanley cup - you lay $2000 to win $100 (Not using exact #s of course). So if one of my futures comes home - then I get paid the $100 + the $2000 frozen to bet that wager? Im sure if anyone here bet $10 on the NJ Devils to win $25,000 they wouldnt care as much as shorting.

Matchbook has not been honest about a thing in months. At some point - if I dont get paid - Matchbook - and guys like you - will say - Your account was given to the regulators and they were paid to pay you - not our problem.

Hareeba!

If any of my futures come home? You still dont get it. If you short the Nashville Preds to win the Stanley cup - you lay $2000 to win $100 (Not using exact #s of course). So if one of my futures comes home - then I get paid the $100 + the $2000 frozen to bet that wager? Im sure if anyone here bet $10 on the NJ Devils to win $25,000 they wouldnt care as much as shorting.

Matchbook has not been honest about a thing in months. At some point - if I dont get paid - Matchbook - and guys like you - will say - Your account was given to the regulators and they were paid to pay you - not our problem.
    you've got a bad case of it

the Matchbook you are referring to as not being honest was the former ownership - that's history
    yet despite that folk like you kept saying they were in deep trouble yet I and everyone else kept getting paid all along

the new owners have been pretty upfront and so far despite all the paranoia they appear to be doing everything right and people are getting paid

and there is no reason that I'm aware of for anyone to doubt a government agency outside of the US

SpiderMonkey
    Monkeys throw poop.
    SpiderMonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!

and there is no reason that I'm aware of for anyone to doubt a government agency outside of the US
    greatest quote of all time
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: todd73nj, and yisman

todd73nj

you've got a bad case of it the Matchbook you are referring to as not being honest was the former ownership - that's history yet despite that folk like you kept saying they were in deep trouble yet I and everyone else kept getting paid all along the new owners have been pretty upfront and so far despite all the paranoia they appear to be doing everything right and people are getting paid and there is no reason that I'm aware of for anyone to doubt a government agency outside of the US
    Oh? Funny how they wouldnt do a direct interview with the SBR - had to have the questions emailed to them. But that aside - what history do you have with them to trust what they are saying? That they are paying people now? Great. I believe that.

And please.. shut me up... post me links of people dealing with regulators from Antigua.. I really would love to read some great experiences. If these regulators are so great, who needs the SBR!

jizay
    Update your status

the Matchbook you are referring to as not being honest was the former ownership
    But it was the new ownership that said they would settle futures at a very fair price, correct?

So, if this Antiguan regulator is so wonderful, why do you suppose SBR exists? Surely they step in when an Antiguan book doesn't pay a player, right?

Hareeba!

Oh? Funny how they wouldnt do a direct interview with the SBR - had to have the questions emailed to them. But that aside - what history do you have with them to trust what they are saying? That they are paying people now? Great. I believe that.

And please.. shut me up... post me links of people dealing with regulators from Antigua.. I really would love to read some great experiences. If these regulators are so great, who needs the SBR!
    It is very obvious that the new owners are doing everything to keep themselves clean with the US authorities. They are clearly relying very heavily on their legal advice which among other things no doubt was not to do any direct interviews and to let the lawyers look at any Qs @ As before posting them. I can't blame them for any of that.

The only history I personally have with them is that their site is still going at least as strongly as it was before they took over. I'm getting matched every day at odds in excess of Pinnacle's. And I've made four successful withdrawals, all paid within hours. What more can I ask ?

And it is evident from posts in other threads that players in the US are receiving their balances.

Now go take a pill and lie down. Maybe the paranoia will pass.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

the Matchbook you are referring to as not being honest was the former ownership - that's history
    yet despite that folk like you kept saying they were in deep trouble yet I and everyone else kept getting paid all along

the new owners have been pretty upfront and so far despite all the paranoia they appear to be doing everything right and people are getting paid

The former matchbook had numerous payout methods and always paid fast and by the method requested. The dishonest thing was not being upfront that they were being bought and that things were gonna change.

The new matchbook said here's the one way you can get your money (maybe) if properly requested by that one method within 31 days, take it or leave it.

Hareeba!

The former matchbook had numerous payout methods and always paid fast and by the method requested. The dishonest thing was not being upfront that they were being bought and that things were gonna change.
    blame your government for that

not at all uncommon that parties negotiating a significant asset sale don't tell the world what's going on

The new matchbook said here's the one way you can get your money (maybe) if properly requested by that one method within 31 days, take it or leave it.
    so where's the dishonesty in that ?

todd73nj

It is very obvious that the new owners are doing everything to keep themselves clean with the US authorities. They are clearly relying very heavily on their legal advice which among other things no doubt was not to do any direct interviews and to let the lawyers look at any Qs @ As before posting them. I can't blame them for any of that. The only history I personally have with them is that their site is still going at least as strongly as it was before they took over. I'm getting matched every day at odds in excess of Pinnacle's. And I've made four successful withdrawals, all paid within hours. What more can I ask ? And it is evident from posts in other threads that players in the US are receiving their balances. Now go take a pill and lie down. Maybe the paranoia will pass.
    Great you are buying out of their seeded markets. Nice. Everyone has money at the start of a new business venture.

That says nothing to me about my money. If I dont get paid from this agency will this new wonderful ownership of Matchbook be there for me? Sorry we cant help you.

I have been emailing this new wonderful ownership of Matchbook since the 1st of March about my futures. First Im told they will be closed out at a more than fair value - and they will get back to me next week.. and then next week. Sounds to me like they are trying to figure it out as they go along. I want my money obviously since I wasted no time addressing it. My last email to them on March 8th went unanswered for another 7 days. They are on top of their game.

Im still waiting for your links as to why I should not be paranoid about my money going to this government agency? You keep throwing around the paranoia - but you sound like nothing more than a kiss ass shill. So please.. links to properly handled disputes would go miles in proving your point. I cant find any.

----- Original Message -----
    To: withdrawals@matchbook.com
    Sent: Tuesday, March 8, 2011 6:21:46 AM
    Subject: Re: Withdrawal Information

Hello Matchbook,

I am just curious as to when I should expect information regarding my future wagers so that I can then provide you with withdrawal information.

Thanks.

Todd

acct: "Todd73NJ"

In a message dated 3/2/2011 12:46:27 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, withdrawals@matchbook.com writes:

Hi Todd,

Futures wagers will be settled on an individual basis and you will receive an email regarding them next week.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us by email or live chat (via our Contact Us page).

Kind Regards

Matchbook Withdrawals

----- Original Message -----
    To: withdrawals@matchbook.com
    Sent: Tuesday, March 1, 2011 4:19:38 PM
    Subject: Re: Withdrawal Information

Rosie,

That's fine with me - To my ** *******

My next issue is my unclosed out futures. I read the information that all futures will be closed out at a generous fair value. When will this be done? When this is completed, I will send my withdrawal information so that my information is not hanging around for a long period of time. Thank you for making this process as

Thank you for making this process quick and efficient, as Im sure all players who are having their accounts closed will appreciate receiving their funds in a reasonable amount of time.

Todd
    "Todd73NJ"

Last edited by shari91; 03-17-11 at 04:18 AM.

Strange Design
    Strange Design's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Wish I could remember the name for you. It was a guy's name and he was in the Accounting dept.

todd73nj

Wish I could remember the name for you. It was a guy's name and he was in the Accounting dept.
    Thanks anyway. Im going to try again tomorrow - maybe I can get some more info from someone else. Not surprising that their people are giving out conflicting information. They have sent out 3 or 4 emails with corrections for each step of this closure.

heyman
    heyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

The dishonest thing was not being upfront that they were being bought and that things were gonna change.
    Have you ever followed a single negotiation/buyout in any industry?

That says nothing to me about my money. If I dont get paid from this agency will this new wonderful ownership of Matchbook be there for me? Sorry we cant help you.
    It is not your money. All your free funds will be given to you in the original time frame.

When the futures contracts expire then you will be paid those. They shouldn't have said so if they were unwilling of course, but that doesn't affect the principal issue. They are under no obligation to settle early.

If you are complaining that you can't hedge your futures now, you obviously can at another book and should your matchbook future win, they will pay you at the expiration of the contract.

If you lend a business money, and the business is bought out, the loan isn't repaid at the time of the buyout. The original terms are honored. Additionally, if you and the original owner were in talks to renegotiate the terms of the debt (ie- you want to hedge afterwards), the new owner is under no obligation to do so if the new terms weren't already agreed to and finalized.

Perhaps you have to much exposure for your financials or comfort level. That is not Matchbook's fault.

heyman
    heyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

I'll also add that you are pre-complaining about a no/slow-pay with the Antiguan agency. Do you really think matchbook will pay out the majority of their clients and invest heavily in their new business but not give the agency the money for the futures?

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by heyman View Post
    I'll also add that you are pre-complaining about a no/slow-pay with the Antiguan agency. Do you really think matchbook will pay out the majority of their clients and invest heavily in their new business but not give the agency the money for the futures?
    the guy's got a serious dose of paranoia Heyman

I wont hold my breath for him to come on here and admit we were right when he does finally land one or more of his future bets (which I sincerely hope he does)

todd73nj

Have you ever followed a single negotiation/buyout in any industry? It is not your money. All your free funds will be given to you in the original time frame. When the futures contracts expire then you will be paid those. They shouldn't have said so if they were unwilling of course, but that doesn't affect the principal issue. They are under no obligation to settle early. If you are complaining that you can't hedge your futures now, you obviously can at another book and should your matchbook future win, they will pay you at the expiration of the contract. If you lend a business money, and the business is bought out, the loan isn't repaid at the time of the buyout. The original terms are honored. Additionally, if you and the original owner were in talks to renegotiate the terms of the debt (ie- you want to hedge afterwards), the new owner is under no obligation to do so if the new terms weren't already agreed to and finalized. Perhaps you have to much exposure for your financials or comfort level. That is not Matchbook's fault.
    Lets try again. Do you agree that Matchbook said they would close out futures at a very fair price? If not, go back and find it in the original messages on the Matchbook closing thread. So they have gone back on their original statements already. Original terms HAVE NOT been honored.

Secondly, When I contacted Matchbook yesterday they said I would NOT be given my free funds first. When I contacted them today - they said they were incorrect yesterday. They are giving everyone incorrect information - Just as they did when they orignally said they would not send back to a DC - but then changed that. They have no control of what their internal employees are telling anyone. Did you get 3 emails all slightly different from each other when they first pulled out of the USA and withdrawal methods? Youd think that something so serious would be correct the first time.

My concern, if you are able to read anything that is written above is: Matchbook will pay all of its players that have no futures. I had 100% confidence I would have been paid by Matchbook. But Matchbook is passing my account off to an "Antiguan agency" - That I have no experience with. I have asked Hareeba about 5 times to please point me to some links as to why he is so confident in the legitimacy of this agency.. but the only word he knows is paranoia.

I have asked Matchbook for contact information for this agency and gotten nothing in return. Just form letters not answering any of my questions or concerns.

the guy's got a serious dose of paranoia Heyman I wont hold my breath for him to come on here and admit we were right when he does finally land one or more of his future bets (which I sincerely hope he does)
    My futures are 98% to be winners. Im short two teams that right now are both in 10th place and wont make the playoffs - so those will expire right away. The other teams are serious underdogs to get past the first round.

I did not play the lotto for $10 to win $25,000. Im short big favorites to win the title. So this freezes alot of money. Its not the payout Im worried about - its my risk.

I have also asked Matchbook when these will be paid out. I have NBA team win totals which will be completed by April 13th or earlier. I have teams that will not make the Stanley Cup and NBA Playoffs which would expire in the same vicinity. And then teams who will make the playoffs that may not expire till June. They keep telling me: "Once future wagers are settled they will be paid out" So what does that mean? Maybe you can tell me, Hareeba? They are completely vague and avoid all questions. Do I get my first payment when the Pistons dont win 34.5 games? Do I get $1000 back when the Nashville Preds dont make the NHL playoffs? Then do I get money back again when the NY Rangers get eliminated? Or do I need to wait till everything is settled to get anything?

Im still awaiting your links...

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Lets try again. Do you agree that Matchbook said they would close out futures at a very fair price? If not, go back and find it in the original messages on the Matchbook closing thread. So they have gone back on their original statements already. Original terms HAVE NOT been honored.

Secondly, When I contacted Matchbook yesterday they said I would NOT be given my free funds first. When I contacted them today - they said they were incorrect yesterday. They are giving everyone incorrect information - Just as they did when they orignally said they would not send back to a DC - but then changed that. They have no control of what their internal employees are telling anyone. Did you get 3 emails all slightly different from each other when they first pulled out of the USA and withdrawal methods? Youd think that something so serious would be correct the first time.

My concern, if you are able to read anything that is written above is: Matchbook will pay all of its players that have no futures. I had 100% confidence I would have been paid by Matchbook. But Matchbook is passing my account off to an "Antiguan agency" - That I have no experience with. I have asked Hareeba about 5 times to please point me to some links as to why he is so confident in the legitimacy of this agency.. but the only word he knows is paranoia.

I have asked Matchbook for contact information for this agency and gotten nothing in return. Just form letters not answering any of my questions or concerns.

My futures are 98% to be winners. Im short two teams that right now are both in 10th place and wont make the playoffs - so those will expire right away. The other teams are serious underdogs to get past the first round.

I did not play the lotto for $10 to win $25,000. Im short big favorites to win the title. So this freezes alot of money. Its not the payout Im worried about - its my risk.

I have also asked Matchbook when these will be paid out. I have NBA team win totals which will be completed by April 13th or earlier. I have teams that will not make the Stanley Cup and NBA Playoffs which would expire in the same vicinity. And then teams who will make the playoffs that may not expire till June. They keep telling me: "Once future wagers are settled they will be paid out" So what does that mean? Maybe you can tell me, Hareeba? They are completely vague and avoid all questions. Do I get my first payment when the Pistons dont win 34.5 games? Do I get $1000 back when the Nashville Preds dont make the NHL playoffs? Then do I get money back again when the NY Rangers get eliminated? Or do I need to wait till everything is settled to get anything?

Im still awaiting your links...
    todd, you're not going to get any useful response from hareeba. He is not involved, doesn't care about you or others' plight and is only interested in Matchbook being seen positively for whatever reason, probably because he plays there and wants them to become viable for the future. Funny how he comments that Matchbook is handling this so well and that you're only paranoid when he has no personal involvement and doesn't really know anything

todd73nj

todd, you're not going to get any useful response from hareeba. He is not involved, doesn't care about you or others' plight and is only interested in Matchbook being seen positively for whatever reason, probably because he plays there and wants them to become viable for the future. Funny how he comments that Matchbook is handling this so well and that you're only paranoid when he has no personal involvement and doesn't really know anything
    Wasnt that way when he claimed the MB platform wronged him.

Hareeba!

I have asked Hareeba about 5 times to please point me to some links as to why he is so confident in the legitimacy of this agency.. but the only word he knows is paranoia.
    It is customary, at least where I come from for the accuser to provide evidence to support his case. Not for the defendant to have to prove his innocence.

have some patience man!
    they sill surely provide that together with the futures bet details when they forward them to Antigua
    until then it is premature for you to start communication with the authority

In my experience most betting agencies await the conclusion of the regular season before paying out on futures bets. I don't know why you appear to be arguing for an early payout.
    As to whether they wait for the conclusion of them all to pay you (most probable I would say) or dribble them to you as they come through I really don't know and I would think that's a question for the administration rather than for Matchbook.

Hareeba!

lol
    so far everything I've had to say about this issue has proven spot on
    far too much paranoia in the air

todd73nj

It is customary, at least where I come from for the accuser to provide evidence to support his case. Not for the defendant to have to prove his innocence. have some patience man! they sill surely provide that together with the futures bet details when they forward them to Antigua until then it is premature for you to start communication with the authority In my experience most betting agencies await the conclusion of the regular season before paying out on futures bets. I don't know why you appear to be arguing for an early payout. As to whether they wait for the conclusion of them all to pay you (most probable I would say) or dribble them to you as they come through I really don't know and I would think that's a question for the administration rather than for Matchbook.
    lol so far everything I've had to say about this issue has proven spot on far too much paranoia in the air
    I have emailed them 3 times - and received generic responses. Not a response saying we will provide you contact information in time. Just the same response telling me who would be handling everything. Im not sitting here dying to call them like you seem to think - Id like to see what they have been involved in - since someone who seems to know everything really provides no factual information at all.

And I never said I wouldnt be paid by the Antiguan regulators - but that I felt this would be a possibility that did not exist if I was dealing only with Matchbook. Maybe you should re-read also. I said I wanted the deal as they originally said. Close my futures and pay me. I want to deal with Matchbook. You were the one who claimed they were this fair government agency. I KNOW NOTHING about them. Educated me with substantiated facts please. Until then, its nothing but shilling.

Salamander
    Salamander's Avatar Become A Pro!

I guess the new owners would like to travel back and forth from the U.S. without worry of getting arrested, are doing everything to the letter their lawyers are recommending, and are not too worried about ticking off a couple of stragglers who they will never see again at their business. It's not very nice, but they see it as their freedom at stake, so it's not impossible to be sympathetic to their side either.

1234 ... Last