chriscapper
    chriscapper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Matchbook Questions

i just spent about an hour using the search option to find out some very interesting options about Matchbook. I would like to start an account for baseball season since that's prob what they are best for. Couple questions i have for you guys though. If i wanna have a bet for $275 and someone has a $1,000 option, can i just buy into that bet or do i have to find someone to match my exact bet? If i have a BetJam account, is a MB account still reccommended? Also, how long does it take to get to know the site and start using it easily? It seems a little complicated but i never heard any conmplaints about it. Thanks for all your help fellas.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

The order of matching is strictly first come first serve. So if you are the first user to post an offer for +108, then no one can jump in line and get filled at +108 before you do.

chriscapper

Come on guys, dan is the only one as usual! Any and all info is needed. Share the knowledge!

sofos
    sofos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

If you are looking to bet x dollars at a line there is an offer for you can get x providing the offer is for at least x dollars. If the offer is for fewer $'s and you ask for more you will get what is available. What you don't get becomes an offer on the other side.
    Example Team A vs Team B
    There is an offer Team A+3-105 300 dollars
    You would like to bet Team A+3-105 but you want 500 dollars.
    Once you ask for it you immediately get a bet of 300 at -105.
    You also place an offer for team B-3+105 dollars for an amount such that when taken you will have 200 on Team A+3-105.

chriscapper

Quote Originally Posted by sofos View Post
    If you are looking to bet x dollars at a line there is an offer for you can get x providing the offer is for at least x dollars. If the offer is for fewer $'s and you ask for more you will get what is available. What you don't get becomes an offer on the other side.
    Example Team A vs Team B
    There is an offer Team A+3-105 300 dollars
    You would like to bet Team A+3-105 but you want 500 dollars.
    Once you ask for it you immediately get a bet of 300 at -105.
    You also place an offer for team B-3+105 dollars for an amount such that when taken you will have 200 on Team A+3-105.
    Thanks, so if say the Raiders and Dolphins are playing. Raiders are favored by 3 and i wanna bet them for 200. I put an offer out for the Dolphins at +3 for 200 and someone will accept giveing me the Raiders -3, correct. I'm sure once i fund the account and start playing around with it it will be alot easier.