skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

Why is Bookmaker/CRIS pushing sports pagers so hard?

I get a phone call and then a "we tried to call you" email at least once a week from Bookmaker/CRIS detailing their current bonuses, and they always mention that they'll give me a free sports pager if I deposit. Does anybody still use those sports pagers these days? I guess if they have boxes of them left over from 10 years ago it can't hurt to offer them, but I can't imagine there are very many people with cell phones that aren't capable of looking up scores that would actually want to lug around a pager with them. I don't get the most advanced cell phones and I've been able to look up scores on ESPN's mobile site since 2003 or so (text-only at the time and rather primitive looking, but still as good as a sports pager.)

TheBeautifulGame
    Y.N.W.A.
    TheBeautifulGame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1102

I've seen this too. deposit $XXX and receive a SPORTS PAGER!!!!! I suppose it could save money by checking scores with it than the internet on your mobile phones but I wouldn't really have a huge interest in one.

clarkd32
    clarkd32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

those pagers were the best - about 10 years ago.

i still have a couple around the house somewhere... i wonder if they would still work???

Climate
    Climate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

It's obvious Cris/Bookmaker is in big trouble and personally, I think we should get ready to see a lot of slow pays, and there's a chance they may not even be in business by August.

Grandmaster B
    Retired
    Grandmaster B's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Climate;4****15
    It's obvious Cris/Bookmaker is in big trouble and personally, I think we should get ready to see a lot of slow pays, and there's a chance they may not even be in business by August.
    If Bookmaker fails then the offshore industry is over with mark my words

but that wont happen so no need to worry

jackkkk2009
    jackkkk2009's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3882

they keep calling their players who is currently playing. and e-mails go to your inbox every week.;

nosttrader
    nosttrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Man I still remember the day when those pager were golden. Now much easier with your cell phone.

djefferis
    djefferis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 437

Perhaps their marketing team has been watching too many 80's tv shows and movies and thinks that's how Americans live...

Kinda like the Russians in the 60's and 70's, had a view of americans as either cowboys on horses or leave it to beaver family types

mg63
    mg63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 882

they keep calling me

chips1031
    chips
    chips1031's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1295

bookmaker noooooooo

djefferis

What's so bad about bookmaker ?

sneak-a-peak
    sneak-a-peak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I see people saying this stuff all the time but I've been with hem for 4 months and have not received any calls or emails from them.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Itis the slow time of the year for them, and they are getting desperate. I doubt that they will go under, but there is no such thing as a "Safe" offshore book. The Feds can slam the door on any offshore book that they want to.

Thremp
    Thremp's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Itis the slow time of the year for them, and they are getting desperate. I doubt that they will go under, but there is no such thing as a "Safe" offshore book. The Feds can slam the door on any offshore book that they want to.
    You mean the Federales, right?

nenad
    nenad's Avatar Become A Pro!

nobody called me

clarkd32
    clarkd32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

i've never received a call... some emails maybe but those are easy enough to delete.

djefferis

watching "The Hangover" last night..the scene when they are checking into the hotel made me think of this thread, Allen asking "Is the hotel pager friendly ?"