jon99
    jon99's Avatar Become A Pro!

quicksilver voided bet - is this usual practice

i placed a bet today 11th April on a baseball match , boston to win +1.5 odds -105

When I logged into my account tonight after the game a pop up window comes up saying the bet has been voided and all trace of the bet has dissapeared from my account.

Boston won by 2 so my bet should have been a winner.

Livechat at Quicksilver say that they do not send out email notification of voided bets and that the pop up in my account is the only way I get to know the bet was voided.

The reason given for the void is bad line , should have been boston -1.5 which was still a winning bet.

Is there anything I can do or are quicksilver within their rights to void and not inform , for all I know they could have voided after the result was in.

cheers

tomcowley
    tomcowley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6786

It's stupid not to email, but this line is obviously bad.

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14062

it is a bad line - voided bet is likely everywhere

Chuck Sims
    Chuck Sims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

There is nothing you can do. Betting an obvious error line like this will only piss the book off.

mminkovski
    mminkovski's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17561

Quicksilver? It's the first time I hear this bookie...

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

i placed a bet today 11th April on a baseball match , boston to win +1.5 odds -105
    Boston was -170 straight up so you knew the +1.5 runs @ -105 was a bad line.

You knowingly took a shot at them so the only fair thing would be for QuikSilver to take a shot at you and wait until after the game was completed to void the bet.

However, the chances are quite strong they voided the bet before the event started.

In any case, you are NOT entitled to anything here and continued betting of obvious bad lines will only lead to you being shown the door.