jtang0701
    jtang0701's Avatar Become A Pro!

Questions about Matchbook!

hi everyone, i am pretty sure theres many threads about this already, but i was wondering is there a hold period if i deposit with Matchbook using a credit card? Do they limit me or cut me off if i continually profit? and i am sure people covered the commission but i still dont understand how it works, any input would be appreciated, thanks everyone!
    Last edited by jtang0701; 04-06-10 at 06:26 PM.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20531

Quote Originally Posted by jtang0701 View Post
    hi everyone, i am pretty sure theres many threads about this already, but i was wondering is there a hold period if i deposit with Matchbook using a credit card? Do they limit me or cut me off if i continually profit? and i am sure people covered the commission but i still dont understand how it works, any input would be appreciated, thanks everyone!
    I don't see why there would be any "hold period" once your credit card transaction is approved.

Matchbook will withhold a small percentage from your deposit which they will refund to you by way of commission credits on your bets (providing you don't lose all your money before you've got them all credited back)

No, there is no reason why they would ever limit you or cut you off for winning. It isn't their money you would be winning. They are only the exchange broker. You are betting against other punters. The more you bet (win or lose) the more commission they make so it's hardly in their interest to limit or boot players out.

jtang0701

i know some books wont let you withdraw for a certain amount of time, but glad matchbook doesnt do that then
    thanks for your input Hareeba!

Chuck Sims
    Chuck Sims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

Matchbook commission on MLB sides. Offers made that are accepted--0% commission

Offers that you accept--0.7% Example $100 wager = 70 cents commission paid to MB.

jtang0701

how do i get more commission credits if i run out? i have to redeposit to get more?

sportsfanatic
    Update your status
    sportsfanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

how do i get more commission credits if i run out? i have to redeposit to get more?
    no. once the commission credits run out. they take their 1% commission from your balance.

aggie
    aggie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 372

lol

jtang0701

Lol I know I am a noob aggie.

When I withdraw using a check, doesn't the bank get suspicious of maybe where out came from? Sort I never withdrew using a check before

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

what is matchbooks commission rates for baseball? moneylines, run lines, and totals

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20531

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    what is matchbooks commission rates for baseball? moneylines, run lines, and totals

It's all detailed on their site
    Better getting if first hand from there than a poster here
    Last edited by Hareeba!; 04-09-10 at 01:34 AM.

jackkkk2009
    jackkkk2009's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3882

Matchbook will offer a season-long commission discount on baseball. Moneylines: 0.7% commission when you accept an offer, 0.0% when you make the offer. Runlines and Totals: 0.8% accept side, -0.1% rebate on the offer side.

Chuck Sims
    Chuck Sims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

Lol I know I am a noob aggie.

When I withdraw using a check, doesn't the bank get suspicious of maybe where out came from? Sort I never withdrew using a check before
    The banks are not suspicious of a person depositing a check. Just depsosit the check and forget about it.