thilde
    thilde's Avatar Become A Pro!

Help: Bwin changing voided bet to loosing bet!

Hi

I just made an account here as I really need help on a matter against bwin. I have been reading on the sbr forum now and then, in the past.

Yesterday I made a bet on the MLB game, Cleveland - Chicago. I then double checked the bet and everything was fine. Then after about 20 min. in the game I checked my account again (routine) and saw that Bwin had cancelled the bet. I have heard that Bwin can be really tricky regarding these things, so I decided not to complain. For some reason I took a screenshot of the cancelled bet. I went on and placed a livebet at another bookmaker, so I still had some action on the game(which I was watching). Both (similar) bet lost, but luckily the Bwin bet, no longer had action.

Then today I see that Bwin had changed the bet from cancelled to a losing bet. They changed the bet after the bet lost. Can that be right? They state that the bet was cancelled because they thought the date was from, but then later found out that this was not the case. Don't they double checks these things? To me it seems like their bookmaker maybe had way too many bets on one side, and decided to void, and then reopen when the whole thing went against his new position.

What should I do? Bwin does not want to recancel the bet (€550).

I hope to hear what you think I should do.

Sincerely Thilde.

AimingHigh
    AimingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fill out the SBR complaint form, and forward the screen shots and correspondence (I assume you have correspondence as you indicate what Bwin told you when you asked about the voiding of the bet). SBR has a good working relationship with BWin, so should be able to work this out.

Do you know when the bet was "actioned" again? - during the game? only after the game? If they voided all bets, perhaps those with bets that should have been winning wagers complained, Bwin realised their error in voiding, and then actioned everything? It's a big enough sport/game that another user here might have bet on it, and might know what happened with their own bet(s).

It's tricky though, because the voiding was the error, not IMHO the reinstatement (though others might disagree). You wanted to make the bet, and they actioned the bet you made. While you acted in reliance on the apparent voiding to make the same bet elsewhere, Bwin isn't to know you did this. Had you contacted them when you saw it was void, and said "I see you voided this. I don't think you should have, but I've accepted that you've voided it, and will bet elsewhere" then, even if they didn't reply before the game was over, you'd have a stronger case against being held to the reinstatement. As it is, you didn't contact them, and they reinstated a bet they (legitimately) believed you would have wanted reinstated.

My opinion completely aside, be sure to fill out the complaint form for assistance.

ETA: Presumably the reason you happen to have a screen shot of the void but didn't contact them when you saw they'd voided it is because if that bet went on to win, you were going to argue for it to be reinstated, and treat that as a bonus (having also made the same bet elsewhere)?
    Last edited by AimingHigh; 04-06-10 at 01:08 PM.

thilde

I just filled a complaint with SBR.
    I will try to answer your questions. The bet was reopened long after the game was over. I only this one bet on the game at Bwin, so don't know if they voided all the bets. I have never thought over writing them, saying that they should keep the bet voided. That seems a bet strange to me, as they have taken the decision to void in the first place.
    I guess I will have to wait for SBR to hopefully work this out. GO GO SBR !

thilde

Answering your last question (ETA): Yes that would be easy for someone to say, but this was not the case here. When I saw that the bet had been voided, the game was going way against the bet. I took a screenshot, to have a good case against them, if they for some reason reopened the bet. I have heard a lot of weird decision from Bwin, and took the screenshot just in case. I have to say that I take a lot of screenshot of my larger bets, as you never know. This is the first time I have used one thou.

No matter what my intentions were, I don't think it gives them the right to do what they did.