caseyman011
    caseyman011's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Did I just mess myself over?

I'm a small potatoes gambler at this point, rarely even playing anymore online.

I decided to bet on some March Madness and ended up using BetUS to place my wagers. I ended up making a $750 profit and cashed out those winnings.

Stupidly, I sent those winnings directly to my Kraken account instead of a cold wallet. I wasn't even thinking, as it had been over two years since my last online bets.

BetUS shows 'paid' as the status since around 7 pm last night, but the funds have not hit my Kraken account and I looked at the wallet transaction history and my withdrawal is not showing up.

I went back to the payout page, and there is a warning stating specifically to withdraw to a personal wallet. Did I just screw myself out of $750?

Alfie White
    Alfie White's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11868

Do you have a TX id possibly? Blockchain one, that is?

caseyman011
    caseyman011's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

I'm not sure what that is exactly, sorry. I just put my wallet address into Blockchair and it's not showing any transaction related to my withdrawal.

As a side note, I was advised by BetUS that even when it shows 'PAID', it can take 24 hours for the funds to get moved to the wallet, so I could be jumping the gun a bit. I have just always felt crypto transfers to be nerve-wracking haha

Alfie White
    Alfie White's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11868

Think you are, even if Kraken would put a "hold" on the funds, you would still have to see them on Blockchain. Make sure you are looking at the correct network when checking the address as well, just to avoid any confusion. Crypto is quite safe, don't worry

wombat
    wombat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11304

You didn’t screw yourself over, the money will be posted into your Kraken account. Now this method is not recommended because Kraken may eventually ban your account if they keep seeing it coming from gambling funds but for this instance, you should be safe.

you do need to make sure that if it was Bitcoin that you generated a Bitcoin address on the Kraken account and not some other crypto. If you mismatched the crypto type IDs then your money is lost forever.

wombat
    wombat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11304

Paste your address into a Blockchain explorer to see if the funds have been posted on the blockchain. If not then most likely BetUS did not send the funds.