exstatman
    exstatman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 324

BOL continues fraudulent lines

I had posted earlier, but no one there understands their own lines for cricket.

For the game 11-10-23 between South Africa and Afghanistan, which has a line of -350/+285, the handicap is as follows:

Match Handicap
    Odds
    South Africa -40.5 Runs -115
    Afghanistan -40.5 Runs -115

You simply can't have BOTH sides as 40.5 point favorites, which they do now. If the underdog bats first, the chances of them covering is tiny, but whoever bats second CANNOT win by rule, so it's a case where a player would have lost the wager before the game ever starts. If the dog does bat first, there is an extremely strong chance BOL would collect all money wagered because neither side would win. I have tried explaining this several times and they flat out do not understand.

Be aware, if a book can't get this right, what other errors are they making?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

They have some very confused people working there.

exstatman

They told me 'both teams are very good, so the line is correct'.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13372

Hong Kong Phooey

Priceless

Where is Underdog???????

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8798

Fraudulent? LOL
    BETONLINE is as good a book as there is

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17167

Quote Originally Posted by exstatman View Post
    I had posted earlier, but no one there understands their own lines for cricket.

For the game 11-10-23 between South Africa and Afghanistan, which has a line of -350/+285, the handicap is as follows:

Match Handicap
    Odds
    South Africa -40.5 Runs -115
    Afghanistan -40.5 Runs -115

You simply can't have BOTH sides as 40.5 point favorites, which they do now. If the underdog bats first, the chances of them covering is tiny, but whoever bats second CANNOT win by rule, so it's a case where a player would have lost the wager before the game ever starts. If the dog does bat first, there is an extremely strong chance BOL would collect all money wagered because neither side would win. I have tried explaining this several times and they flat out do not understand.

Be aware, if a book can't get this right, what other errors are they making?
    It's an extremely obvious line error that any moron could spot. Congrats on seeing it. The fact that BOL customer service doesn't understand this is no sign of fraud--just incompetence on their part.
    Last edited by HedgeHog; 11-10-23 at 02:01 PM.

exstatman

Based on the line above, which the game ended:

South Africa 247
    Afghanistan 244

Which side won?

exstatman

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    It's an extremely obvious line error that any moron could spot. Congrats on seeing it. The fact that BOL customer service doesn't understand this is no sign of fraud--just incompetence on their part.
    The bigger problem is they have been doing this for weeks since the Cricket WC has been going on about 6 weeks, and they do this for about 90% of games. I was told "line managers are very smart and do not make mistakes". I have brought it up several times and am always told
    "handicap lines are different from game lines", and when I point out a team that (using todays game) was +305 to simply win, was also -115 but had to win by 40.5 runs, am told "if South Africa is -40.5 then Afghanistan must be 40.5 as well"

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9003

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Fraudulent? LOL
    BETONLINE is as good a book as there is
    Brock right on que defending BOL

exstatman

Sometimes it's finding the right person. After many chats and emails repeatedly telling me they were right and I was wrong, a manager contacted me today and made things right, but more importanly admitted the lines were in error. As players, we reach out if something is clearly wrong, hopefully they keep this in mind.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9318

Quote Originally Posted by exstatman View Post
    Sometimes it's finding the right person. After many chats and emails repeatedly telling me they were right and I was wrong, a manager contacted me today and made things right, but more importanly admitted the lines were in error. As players, we reach out if something is clearly wrong, hopefully they keep this in mind.
    Thats good news.

Well done.