GoPanthers88
    GoPanthers88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 484

Loose Lines holding >$13k hostage

Like the post says - went on a good run this past week on sports and virtual esports and ran $1k up to about $13k. Now that it is time to withdraw some money, they have placed a hold on everything while they "investigate the integrity of the events that were wagered on."

I let them know this wasn't fair and that I would need to share this information with SBR and relevant forums. An hour later someone calls me offering to "unfreeze" my account but that I would need to accept them reducing my balance to $4k and they'd take $9k of my winnings. The other option I was given was to wait up to 14 days and "see how it turns out for me" while they do their audit.

Super shady - I told them I know what the truth is and I'll take my chances. Beware of this book, they're great when you lose but don't want to let you win anything of substance apparently.
    Last edited by GoPanthers88; 03-08-23 at 02:16 PM.

GoPanthers88

Any advice on this?

KS1986
    KS1986's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9612

What were you wagering on?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by GoPanthers88 View Post
    Any advice on this?
    I'd wait till they investigate and decide what to do if they do not pay your full balance.

What were your bets? Any clue what could be sus about the game?

GoPanthers88

They’re saying it’s related to the virtual esports stuff. Silly thing to bet on but was messing around and got hot and just pressed it for a bit. It’s through a provider called Mobadoo and they’re wanting to do a full audit of all the results supposedly.

Optional

They’re saying it’s related to the virtual esports stuff. Silly thing to bet on but was messing around and got hot and just pressed it for a bit. It’s through a provider called Mobadoo and they’re wanting to do a full audit of all the results supposedly.
    Ugh.

So many betting issues with e-sports, that feel like players are being ripped off, but impossible to prove or argue the point as the operator has all the data.

I understand you being concerned and annoyed but haven't really got any good advice apart from hold tight and hope you get paid, and deal with it once you get an explanation if not paid in full.

Was it a big dog that won?

GoPanthers88

Yeah you hit the nail on the head, I have all the screenshots and info of things that show it’s valid but the operator is just a black box and who knows what those conversation look like behind the scenes. It wasn’t a big dog at all, rather several hits on favorites over the course of a night.

Optional

Yeah you hit the nail on the head, I have all the screenshots and info of things that show it’s valid but the operator is just a black box and who knows what those conversation look like behind the scenes. It wasn’t a big dog at all, rather several hits on favorites over the course of a night.
    I'd prefer that than a dog in your shoes. Especially with it spread over multiple matches.

Hopefully it takes less than 2 weeks to find out :\

Mugsy777
    Update your status
    Mugsy777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6488

another scammer

GoPanthers88

Who?

jedihyoju
    jedihyoju's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3549

E-sports , if you bet on the big games like league of legends , especially leagues like lck, lpl or LCS
    those are legit leagues like MLB, NFL bunch of people watching it live streaming and broadcasting so you shouldn't worry at all.

Virtual e-sports,,, isn't 2 random guys playing video games each other in their basement?
    or is it simulated games when it was popular when covid-19 was going on?
    If it is... I think you should take 4k and run
    lol

GoPanthers88

Quote Originally Posted by jedihyoju View Post
    E-sports , if you bet on the big games like league of legends , especially leagues like lck, lpl or LCS
    those are legit leagues like MLB, NFL bunch of people watching it live streaming and broadcasting so you shouldn't worry at all.

Virtual e-sports,,, isn't 2 random guys playing video games each other in their basement?
    or is it simulated games when it was popular when covid-19 was going on?
    If it is... I think you should take 4k and run
    lol
    This was the simulated stuff

GoPanthers88

Spoke with them again this morning and they said they are auditing all activity across all accounts as part of their audit. I am sure that means if they take away winnings that they'll also proactively reach out to each and every person that lost and refund them too right?

Optional

Spoke with them again this morning and they said they are auditing all activity across all accounts as part of their audit. I am sure that means if they take away winnings that they'll also proactively reach out to each and every person that lost and refund them too right?
    You don't want that. But if they void betting wins and losses will (should) be refunded.

They wont want to take the risk of not doing that and being caught if voiding an entire match's betting.

GoPanthers88

Hope so and they handle it fairly, will provide an update as it continues to play out.

Woyha
    Woyha's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4243

I did get paid today 2 k so they are paying me .. Hope you get yours .. I did ask about the situation they said your account is fine right I said yes .. So guess they are just checking the esport stuff integrity etc .. I never played that so not sure about it ....
    Last edited by Woyha; 03-10-23 at 09:21 AM.

GoPanthers88

Good to know, glad you got yours and hopefully my situation is fairly resolved quickly.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

sure if you lost they wouldn't worry about the "integrity"

GoPanthers88

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    sure if you lost they wouldn't worry about the "integrity"
    Exactly right. I am sure if they make a decision that doesn't work out in my favor that they will do the right thing and refund all of the losses for people as well

GoPanthers88

No resolution yet and still can't access my funds. Hopefully will get an update today.

GoPanthers88

Want to make sure I am being fair with my updates - it does seem like ultimately there was an issue with how payouts were being calculated on their virtual esports games. Unfortunately for me this does mean a sizeable adjustment is probably coming to my balance, but they did share all the data with me. It is highly disappointing than an error like this was happening and allowed to go on for so long, but, it is what it is.

I have submitted an initial withdrawal request of $2500 now which they said they'd honor this evening and then figure out the rest later this week.

Optional

Want to make sure I am being fair with my updates - it does seem like ultimately there was an issue with how payouts were being calculated on their virtual esports games. Unfortunately for me this does mean a sizeable adjustment is probably coming to my balance, but they did share all the data with me. It is highly disappointing than an error like this was happening and allowed to go on for so long, but, it is what it is.

I have submitted an initial withdrawal request of $2500 now which they said they'd honor this evening and then figure out the rest later this week.
    What does that mean exactly?

The odds shown were correct but the system paid too much out?

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Every situation is different... I've been with LL for the last 6 months or so... and I've had nothing but great experiences with them. No weird line changes... PO's are within 24 hours.

GoPanthers88

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    What does that mean exactly?

The odds shown were correct but the system paid too much out?
    Yes - it seemed as though their provider was doing things wrong when it came to calculating payouts. There were instances where the "risk" amount was being credited back in addition to the "won" amount. The "won" amount in this case was (Risk * decimal odds) so there was some double counting happening.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave GoPanthers88 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

GoPanthers88

I am bummed about what happened and that this error occurred which certainly influenced other decisions I made about wagers/amounts/risks to take based on what I thought I had won, but I consider this fairly resolved.

The folks at LooseLines were good at staying in communication and providing the data to help support what happened and what updates needed to be made. My balance was updated accordingly and a payout was promptly provided for the remaining amount.