sportsbetwin
    sportsbetwin's Avatar Become A Pro!

How sinister is this industry?

A session at an upcoming gaming affiliates conference in Sydney has a session on hacking and gambling websites.

This is the session summary:

DDoS – A Serious Risk To Affiliates
    With the Internet being a critical part of many business functions, including for affiliates, being offline for even a few minutes can lead to revenue loss and reputation damage. Organized criminals will attack online businesses for personal gain and have even started offering their services for hire to any third party who will pay them. In this case some companies, especially in the highly competitive online gambling sector, are actually paying cyber criminals to attack their competition! Attend this session to discover how to deal with a cyber attack and protect your business.
    Never thought about this - but in a shady industry with hundreds of scam books it would not surprise if some turned their attention to the competition.
    Makes me think about the times matchy have been hit.

necro
    Update your status
    necro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Explains all...

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sportsbetwin View Post
    DDoS – A Serious Risk To Affiliates
    In this case some companies, especially in the highly competitive online gambling sector, are actually paying cyber criminals to attack their competition!
    Not surprising.

And I would add posting bogus complaints on forums. You have a bunch of people sign up, and after a few months they start firing (so they don't look like they signed up just to complain). After ten or so complaints the reputation of the book is heavily damaged.

siabdo23
    siabdo23's Avatar Become A Pro!

anyway to stop or prevent those cheap shots

JoshW
    JoshW's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anywhere their is tons of money, you find criminals. I feel like the books have done a good job dealing with them. Denial of Service attacks are way down.