Tommy777
    Tommy777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Warning to all!! Williamhill does not pay out!!

Williamhill won't pay my money!! They lie and lie... I've been waiting for my money for 2 weeks. What can I do? Can anyone help here?

kknjizekk
    kknjizekk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 468

You should tell us why they're refusing your payout, so people can know what's going on.

Tommy777

You say technical problems! I should wait 1 week! not paid after that when i asked i was told i should wait another 1 week because they have technical problems. yesterday was the last day and they said until 24h it will be paid out, and again it was not paid out! something is wrong with this store! You lie and lie!

kknjizekk

They did have a technical issue around 2 weeks ago, I was also affected.
    After filed a complaint and told them I'd take the matter to UKGC, they finally paid me out few days later and offered me £50 free bet as compensation.

The problem should have been fixed last week, so it's weird that you still haven't been paid.
    Which country is your account registered? If it's not UK then you should have an option to cancel the withdrawal.
    Try to cancel it and request for the withdrawal again to see if it works.
    If it's still not working then get back and let us know.

Tommy777

I've tried everything, the support canceled the payment after 1 week and I should wait another week and now it still hasn't been paid. I complained again yesterday and the support said it will now be paid out until midnight and again it wasn't paid out, I don't believe it with the technical problem! I think it's also a lie to gain time. something is wrong with this store. they lie to me way too much! what is UKGC?? How can I complain to the UKGC? yes i need help
    Last edited by Tommy777; 02-22-22 at 03:16 AM.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy777 View Post
    I've tried everything, the support canceled the payment after 1 week and I should wait another week and now it still hasn't been paid. I complained again yesterday and the support said it will now be paid out until midnight and again it wasn't paid out, I don't believe it with the technical problem! I think it's also a lie to gain time. something is wrong with this store. they lie to me way too much! what is UKGC?? How can I complain to the UKGC? yes i need help
    You can't take the matter to the UKGC. They don't accept player complaints.

You need to follow the terms of their complaint procedure in order to access the ADR system and eventually have IBAS rule on it.

But that can take many weeks and is not really appropriate for a slow pay complaint where they are communicating about tech issues anyway.

To start with they have 8 full weeks to try and fix it themselves before having to agree to mediation.

What you need to do is email second_opinion@willhill.com and ask them to help as "Customer Service has been unable to resolve it" for you.

If you bluster on about lies lies lies, you can be sure they won't help you either though.

Be polite and ask them for help and make sure you make it clear you have tried for weeks with normal CS.

kknjizekk

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

You need to follow the terms of their complaint procedure in order to access the ADR system and eventually have IBAS rule on it.

But that can take many weeks and is not really appropriate for a slow pay complaint where they are communicating about tech issues anyway.

To start with they have 8 full weeks to try and fix it themselves before having to agree to mediation.

What you need to do is email second_opinion@willhill.com and ask them to help as "Customer Service has been unable to resolve it" for you.

If you bluster on about lies lies lies, you can be sure they won't help you either though.

Be polite and ask them for help and make sure you make it clear you have tried for weeks with normal CS.
    As far as I understand, UKGC does take player complaints, but only limit to regulatory complaint and only if the player is reside in the UK.
    That means they will only check if the operator has violated UKGC's regulation based on player's complaint, but they don't deal with individual player complaint like bet dispute etc.
    In contrary, IBAS mainly deals with bet dispute, though they sometimes also involved in other related dispute - e.g. bet not being paid.

In this case, the operator is not fulfilling its advertised withdrawal timeframe, so it's a potential violation of its license regulation.
    As it's not a bet dispute but operator operation issue, I'd say it's more fittable to send a complaint to UKGC if the player is a UK resident.

Judge Crater
    Judge Crater's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 509

smart advice

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by kknjizekk View Post
    As far as I understand, UKGC does take player complaints
    You are wrong.

They have never and will not adjudicate any form of player complaint.

Their only role in the regulatory process related to players is to ensure bookmakers offer and follow their proscribed dispute resolution process. Which does not involve UKGC at any point.

You will just sound silly to book staff threatening to go to the UKGC.

You really should just follow the advice and email the Second Opinion team. (and try not to be argumentative with them too, if you actually want to resolve the issue instead of just have a fight or make a point)

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

You are wrong.

Their only role in the regulatory process related to players is to ensure bookmakers offer and follow their proscribed dispute resolution process. Which does not involve UKGC at any point.

You really should just follow the advice and email the Second Opinion team. (and try not to be argumentative with them too, if you actually want to resolve the issue instead of just have a fight or make a point)
    YES

kknjizekk

You are wrong.

I have actually contacted UKGC about another complaint before, and I received their response as follow -

As regulator, we carry out activities to ensure gambling businesses comply with their licence conditions. However we are unable to investigate individual disputes or help you to get any money back. In addition, our regulation only covers players who are playing in Great Britain.Some gambling businesses hold a licence with the Commission to provide gambling in GB and additional licences with other regulators to provide gambling in other countries.If you are resident in GB then we will need you to send us some further information to consider the matter from a regulatory perspective.A copy of your original complaint to the gambling business.All correspondence/ responses received from the gambling business relating to your bet/complaint.Account information to include, your address, DOB and username.

So as I mentioned, they will not deal with individual player dispute like ADR does, but they do review player's complaint from regulatory perspective.
    They didn't provide me an outcome for the complaint, but the operator did acknowledge the complaint and resolved the matter with me in the end following sending a formal complaint to UKGC.

Brooklyn Dick
    Brooklyn Dick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22151

Why anyone would even play with Wm Hill is a mystery to me. If you win two bets they limit you to next to nothing. And pull stunts like this. They put up lines and only take ONE side. Did it to a friend of mine that is a complete sucker. So he gets to play the way they like it. AVOID......................