Colonist
    Colonist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3470

BETUS shady practice

There are many sites that, if you play on them long enough, you'll find that a wager may not go through due to a line change. Sometimes the line change favors the player and sometimes the line movement favors the house. On BETUS, I've noticed dozens of times in which I couldn't get a wager in because the quoted line changed in an unfavorable way to me. I've never ever noticed a last second line change that went in or got stopped because it favored me. Anyone else notice this? Smells very shady to me, like they will give you the bum line even if the line moved in your favor. Thoughts?

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33582

Quote Originally Posted by Colonist View Post
    There are many sites that, if you play on them long enough, you'll find that a wager may not go through due to a line change. Sometimes the line change favors the player and sometimes the line movement favors the house. On BETUS, I've noticed dozens of times in which I couldn't get a wager in because the quoted line changed in an unfavorable way to me. I've never ever noticed a last second line change that went in or got stopped because it favored me. Anyone else notice this? Smells very shady to me, like they will give you the bum line even if the line moved in your favor. Thoughts?
    Yup. They do this and some other shady stuff too. They also have loads of bonuses, promos, contests, and lines on events & props that most other books won't have... and they pay. It's not the way I would run a business, but imo the pros outweigh the cons. YMMV.

Triumph
    Triumph's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7756

They have always paid me

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Solid book

Top 10

Wrongside
    Only Backdoor'd; never backdoor
    Wrongside's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 773

Ya, they pay, and they are cool in. a lot of ways, but you have to triple confirm your bets went through there. Twice (maybe three times) it has happened where I had a whole page of winners not go through, even though I was sure it did....Only on winners it seems...T

Colonist

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongside View Post
    Ya, they pay, and they are cool in. a lot of ways, but you have to triple confirm your bets went through there. Twice (maybe three times) it has happened where I had a whole page of winners not go through, even though I was sure it did....Only on winners it seems...T
    BETUS just told me that my limits were slashed to $25 and because of a glitch, they were allowing me to wager the outrageously high amount of $50. LOOOOL

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9316

BETUS just told me that my limits were slashed to $25 and because of a glitch, they were allowing me to wager the outrageously high amount of $50. LOOOOL
    You're just too good for them.

It's worse when no book thinks that and limits you, I think.

Colonist

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    You're just too good for them.

It's worse when no book thinks that and limits you, I think.
    So true! Books like this only want to target losers. If only they tried better to improve their lines, it would help them improve their products, clients lists and profits.

darthvader777
    darthvader777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1407

I have noticed this several times in player props. I believe they are using my information to move the line, but not giving me the benefit of the original wager.

Colonist

Quote Originally Posted by darthvader777 View Post
    I have noticed this several times in player props. I believe they are using my information to move the line, but not giving me the benefit of the original wager.
    Exactly! It's happening to me in props too. Way too many rejected wager due to line movements. Then they slashed my limits in half. Their management must be living permanently in amateur hour.

DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Quote Originally Posted by darthvader777 View Post
    That's one of the slimiest things books can do. And it seems counterproductive too. Who the hell is going to want to play there if they can't place a bet without the line moving on them first? I had a book start treating me like this once, and I was instantly gone.

Miz
    Miz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3162

betus has dealt dual lines for years. i have noticed the same thing about line changes. If you have a long delay when you place a bet, then they are subjecting you to a post bet line move maneuver. shady is correct. When you see that happen, go back and bet the other way and see if it moves back magically, let me know how it goes

bitcoinLuke
    bitcoinLuke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1336

SMH, stop using shit books, guys