tristan
    Update your status
    tristan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1432

Can SBR be of any help in case of a dispute with Skrill ???

Hello everyone.
    I know SBR can be very helpful in case of a dispute with a bookmaker, but could it be the same when the dispute concerns Skrill ? This is my issue:

I 've been a loyal VIP customer at Skrill for about 11 years now, i never had any major issue with them. But 2 weeks ago, the 4th of March, i received an email which informed me that my account was temporarily restricted, and that i had to contact customer service to lift the restrictions. Of course i immediately contacted their CS to try to understand what it meant and fix the issue, but the only explanation i had was something like that: "you broke terms and conditions, you have to wait for an update, we'll keep you informed...".
    Things must be clear right now: i never, i say i never broke any term or condition with Skrill. During these 11 years i've used their services always for the 2 main reasons:
    1-make payments (deposits/withdrawals) with bookmakers
    2-make transactions (send and receive money) with members of my family/friends

So i desesperately asked Skrill several times "What on Earth term/condition did i break?? Please tell me what term/condition you suspect i broke, and for sure we'll fix the issue /find what the misunderstanding might be !?". But despite all my calls during the last 2 weeks, i always got the same answer: "you have to wait for an update, we'll keep you informed...".

I want it to be clear: i'm not here to say "Skrill is a scam, stay away from them..". No, not at all, that's not my purpose. As i said i've used them for about 11 years, which means i consider they're a reputable and trustable company. What's more, a few minutes before i received their email that informed me my account was temporarily restricted, i had just ordered a wire deposit (amount 6000 euros) to credit my Skrill account! Skrill told me that , as my account was now restricted, that money couldn't be credited on my skrill account and therefore as soon as money would reach their bank , they would return that money to my bank account... And indeed, that's what they did, money was credited back to my bank account. So no, i definitively can not say Skrill is a scam.

However, i have more than 5300 euros that remain blocked on y skrill account at the moment. Concerning the restrictions i was talking about, that's quite simple: the only thing i can do now is login to my account, any kind of transaction is forbidden. I regularly call them to ask for an explanation, but no one, not even the start of an explanation. They answer to my emails/calls, so i should feel relieved, but during these 2 weeks they didn't try to contact me a single time?? As they say they're reviewing my account, i believed they may have contacted me and asked for details, documents,...But no, nothing of the sort.

After 2 weeks i don't know what to think about that... As reputable as they are at Skrill, they can't simply say "you broke terms and conditions" and block my account like that, endless. Once more i can guarantee all members of this forum i never broke any term or condition at Skrill, so i was wondering: may SBR team try to contact Skrill the same way they do with bookmakers to try to fix the issue?? Of course i know Skrill is a company different from bookmakers, but Skrill mustn't ignore a large part of its customers are gamblers , so they must be attentive to their image/reputation on the forums too... If anyone at SBR could help me i would appreciate.

lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12267

Did they block your Neteller account as well?

Is it possible that they suspect you of doing multiple-accounting?

Maybe it's just a routine AML check or something like that and thing will clear up in a few days/weeks...

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

check and see if they have a maximum hold time for frozen funds. I once had PayPal freezes my account 2400$ for an investigation with no explanation but they where investigating. They have 180 days to do so and on day 180 funds where released. Unlike you I tell people to steer clear from paypal with crytp and gambling

davidchong
    davidchong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 697

what is your country?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by tristan View Post
    Hello everyone.
    I know SBR can be very helpful in case of a dispute with a bookmaker, but could it be the same when the dispute concerns Skrill ? This is my issue:

I 've been a loyal VIP customer at Skrill for about 11 years now, i never had any major issue with them. But 2 weeks ago, the 4th of March, i received an email which informed me that my account was temporarily restricted, and that i had to contact customer service to lift the restrictions. Of course i immediately contacted their CS to try to understand what it meant and fix the issue, but the only explanation i had was something like that: "you broke terms and conditions, you have to wait for an update, we'll keep you informed...".
    Things must be clear right now: i never, i say i never broke any term or condition with Skrill. During these 11 years i've used their services always for the 2 main reasons:
    1-make payments (deposits/withdrawals) with bookmakers
    2-make transactions (send and receive money) with members of my family/friends

So i desesperately asked Skrill several times "What on Earth term/condition did i break?? Please tell me what term/condition you suspect i broke, and for sure we'll fix the issue /find what the misunderstanding might be !?". But despite all my calls during the last 2 weeks, i always got the same answer: "you have to wait for an update, we'll keep you informed...".

I want it to be clear: i'm not here to say "Skrill is a scam, stay away from them..". No, not at all, that's not my purpose. As i said i've used them for about 11 years, which means i consider they're a reputable and trustable company. What's more, a few minutes before i received their email that informed me my account was temporarily restricted, i had just ordered a wire deposit (amount 6000 euros) to credit my Skrill account! Skrill told me that , as my account was now restricted, that money couldn't be credited on my skrill account and therefore as soon as money would reach their bank , they would return that money to my bank account... And indeed, that's what they did, money was credited back to my bank account. So no, i definitively can not say Skrill is a scam.

However, i have more than 5300 euros that remain blocked on y skrill account at the moment. Concerning the restrictions i was talking about, that's quite simple: the only thing i can do now is login to my account, any kind of transaction is forbidden. I regularly call them to ask for an explanation, but no one, not even the start of an explanation. They answer to my emails/calls, so i should feel relieved, but during these 2 weeks they didn't try to contact me a single time?? As they say they're reviewing my account, i believed they may have contacted me and asked for details, documents,...But no, nothing of the sort.

After 2 weeks i don't know what to think about that... As reputable as they are at Skrill, they can't simply say "you broke terms and conditions" and block my account like that, endless. Once more i can guarantee all members of this forum i never broke any term or condition at Skrill, so i was wondering: may SBR team try to contact Skrill the same way they do with bookmakers to try to fix the issue?? Of course i know Skrill is a company different from bookmakers, but Skrill mustn't ignore a large part of its customers are gamblers , so they must be attentive to their image/reputation on the forums too... If anyone at SBR could help me i would appreciate.
    We have tried with Skrill problems in the past, with mixed success, and when it is very clear what is going on. But Skrill probably won't talk to us about a investigated account where no decision has yet been made by them.

What country are you in? Your dispute resolution options will vary depending on that.

But you probably should start with the FCA if you want an authority to tell your story to https://www.fca.org.uk/

tristan
    Update your status

[QUOTE=davidchong;30159957]what is your country

I'm from France
    Last edited by tristan; 03-18-21 at 03:18 AM.

Alfie White
    Alfie White's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11862

It can happen that some of the recent transactions have been flagged or some of the recipients have been flagged for something.

During past couple of weeks of accounts' activity, who did you transact with? Are those accounts still active and running?

tristan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    We have tried with Skrill problems in the past, with mixed success, and when it is very clear what is going on. But Skrill probably won't talk to us about a investigated account where no decision has yet been made by them.

What country are you in? Your dispute resolution options will vary depending on that.

But you probably should start with the FCA if you want an authority to tell your story to https://www.fca.org.uk/
    Ok i will visit this page and see, thank you for the information Optionnal. I'm from France. To be honnest i totally ignore what is FCA..;Should i contact them by email or create an account with them to start a case/file (or do they have a forum too to speak with other people?

Optional

Ok i will visit this page and see, thank you for the information Optionnal. I'm from France. To be honnest i totally ignore what is FCA..;Should i contact them by email or create an account with them to start a case/file (or do they have a forum too to speak with other people?
    It tells you how to do it here https://www.fca.org.uk/consumers/how-complain.

But being in France you may prefer to try the https://www.amf-france.org/ first anyway.

But honestly, in both cases they will probably say you need to wait for a Skrill decision before they can do too much.

May as well ask them for advice though.

tristan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by lonnie55 View Post
    Did they block your Neteller account as well?

Is it possible that they suspect you of doing multiple-accounting?

Maybe it's just a routine AML check or something like that and thing will clear up in a few days/weeks...
    yes indeed my Neteller account was blocked exactly at the same time ! But concerning my neteller account i don't care as i haven't used it for a very very long while, my balance on it is zero and i don't intend to use it again in te future, fees are too important with Neteller (even more than with Skrill)

temple2010
    temple2010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4189

no, they'll put you on the back-burner for 3 months and then say they can't help

tristan
    Update your status

SBR team contacted Skrill, no answer from Skrill to SBR, but i got that email then:
    "We are sorry to inform you that during a recent audit of your Skrill account, we found reasonable grounds to discontinue our business relationship. Please withdraw your outstanding balance to a bank account in your name. Once your current balance is withdrawn, your account will be closed automatically. Please note that this decision is final."

Of course i feel relieved , i will get my money back. But i can't be satisfied with that: once more i guarantee all the people who read this post that i didn't do anything wrong, i never break their terms and conditions, so there's no reason why i should have my skrill account closed. That's why i contacted the FCA (Financial Conduct Authority), which noted my case and told me to contact Financial Ombudsman Service for further help, which i will do. And i will keep you informed of course.

Optional

SBR team contacted Skrill, no answer from Skrill to SBR, but i got that email then:
    "We are sorry to inform you that during a recent audit of your Skrill account, we found reasonable grounds to discontinue our business relationship. Please withdraw your outstanding balance to a bank account in your name. Once your current balance is withdrawn, your account will be closed automatically. Please note that this decision is final."

Of course i feel relieved , i will get my money back. But i can't be satisfied with that: once more i guarantee all the people who read this post that i didn't do anything wrong, i never break their terms and conditions, so there's no reason why i should have my skrill account closed. That's why i contacted the FCA (Financial Conduct Authority), which noted my case and told me to contact Financial Ombudsman Service for further help, which i will do. And i will keep you informed of course.

I'm glad to hear you got your money.

And probably better off with any other solution apart from Skrill as well.