thebeacondeacon
    thebeacondeacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Thanks!

I would like to thank all of the people who posted on both sides of the threads "What gives 5Dimes the right!?!!" and "My horror with 5dimes.com !!!".

For several years, I have had an unfunded account with 5 Dimes and was planning to move my horse racing action to that book. However, after reading here, what seemed to be bad outtakes from "The Sopranos", I decided to invest in a racebook with a quieter, if slightly less-rated reputation.

I'm into physicality handicapping, and I like to view my betting selections before the gate opens. However, after reading these threads, I could just see Tony confiscating my account, because I procrastinated a few seconds past racebook post time to bet. I think his rudeness is inexcusable. If whyme and romaine violated 5 Dimes' rules in their betting, their amounts could have been reconciled and correctly paid out and their accounts closed, without the abusive threats and loss of temper demonstrated by 5 Dimes' management.

Thanks, again, SBR Forum members. You are a well experienced and smart group of players.

All the best,

thebeacondeacon
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 07-22-14 at 12:11 PM.

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17057

If horse racing is your thing, then Bookmaker or DSI with the 8% rebate is a better choice for you. As far as 5-Dimes is concerned, I keep several grand with them and never worry about it--they are a top tier Book w/o question.

ncat12
    ncat12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    If horse racing is your thing, then Bookmaker or DSI with the 8% rebate is a better choice for you. As far as 5-Dimes is concerned, I keep several grand with them and never worry about it--they are a top tier Book w/o question.
    Mr. HedgeHog Maybe in your personal opinion (and you know what they say about opinions) 5dimes is a top tier book (my arse) yeah they have been around for a while that is about the only thing they got going for them...custome service is a total joke ...getting a payout from a book who has been around as long as they have is like someon w/ a credit score of 650 getting a loan ..you may get it but damn it will take an awfull alot of work....as you say for the horse racing ..youbet has to be one of the tops ...very EASY to deal with and live feeds to watch the race's...I hope I did not come across as to much of a prick , just that w/ my recent dealings w/ 5 dimes has left a terrible taste and in my opinion it is totally un-excusable