Rosa123
    Rosa123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

[RESOLVED] €75,000 confiscated by Brokerstorm / Whitehorse

Hi All

Happy new year to you. I'd like to pass on some disturbing news relating to Brokerstorm agent using the Whitehore label.

I created an account in December 2020 depositing €1,800 via BTC. All seemed fine and the whitehorse exchange was good for backing and laying.

I made a few withdrawals that were processed very quickly (24-48 hours). I got lucky with a few bets and managed to get my account up to €75k.

I subsequently requested two separate withdrawals of c. €10,000 leaving my account balance at around €55,000.

The withdrawals never arrived despite me contacting customer services, leaving the outstanding balance at €75,000.

Yesterday i found that i was unable to place any further bets, later that day i received an email from Brokerstrom stating that my account had be suspended after an investigation found I had duplicate accounts! They went on to explain that this was infringement of our terms and conditions - quoting an attachment which has been recently edited to include the clause. These terms and conditions were not available when i registered.

In the email they state the would refund my initial deposit (€1,8k) which they have not done. I had thought brokerstorm was a reputable company with good products, i know i shouldn't have kept a large balance with the broker.

I'm in talks with a solicitor as how to best persue the balance, but if anyone here can i help I would be prepared to part with a percentage of any funds released

All the best
    Last edited by Optional; 01-22-21 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Matter Resolved

Foosball Champ
    Foosball Champ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10486

Rosa, I also have a substantial balance with Brokerstorm/Mollybet I have been with them for 8 months. This news obviously alarming. I haven't had any payout issues. May i ask what sport you accumulated your 75k balance?

Motorhead11
    Motorhead11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3898

Since you already admitted elsewhere that there were 2 accounts from same household, the big question is if it was prohibited from their TOS having 2 accounts from same household.

Another thing you should clarify is if any bonus was received upon registration

Rosa123

Hi Foosball Champ / Motorhead11

Thanks for your comments!

@Foosball Champ - I had no payout issues before this, they always credited my account within the allotted time frame (24-72 hours). I can only think that as my account was significant they pounced at the opportunity. I was betting on horses, greyhounds, rugby and football. Nothing suspicious - just got lucky on this occasion

@Motorhead11 - Yes you are right, another member of my household had previously access Whitehorse/Brokerstorm using the same IP address - this account was closed. No bonuses were given at any point. The terms didn't mention anything about multiple accounts, or 2 from the same household - they have since been modified and uploaded to Brokerstorm.

I've tried to negotiate with Brokerstorm, but they are no longer talking to me. If anyone can release se funds I'd happily pay them 10%

All the best

Alfie White
    Alfie White's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11868

You are not saying the full story here - on other forum you said that they refreshed the T&C with a new point that mention SELF-EXCLUDED household members.

So I would say there is too much heat on your account and that you are not sharing the full story.

edit:
    regardless, the fact is here that you won AGAINST them as they surely took position on your bets and they found something to find grounds to cancel your account.

DroopyDog
    DroopyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2078

Everything is always fine til you win big. Then they dissect your account for any reason to not pay you.

Rinse n repeat

Rosa123

Thanks All.

Alfie White, sorry for not being transparent. I'm writing on the go. Tomorrow I'll share the exact correspondence and the updated T and C's they blatantly edited and uploaded to the website after I registered for an account.

I assume Whitehorse is just a Betfair API and Brokerstorm I taking a slice of the commission? Which would have been a fairly sizeable amount on my account.

The other account in my household was self-excluded. I have written to brokerstorm to confirm we are happy to provide kyc for both accounts if needed, but I haven't had a response.

The new T and C's state: 'In case that a selfexcluded person keeps multiple accounts, Brokerstorm reserves the right to close all active accounts and refund the initial deposit amount''.

I also haven't receive the refund of the initial deposit

Thank you all for your help, and more than happy to answer any questions you've got

Rosa123

Just as a follow up to my last message. Here is the updated terms and conditions. To me it is obvious clause 6.1 (e) has been inserted after publication
    https://brokerstorm.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/TERMSCONDITIONS.pdf

As far as i can see there is no mention of multiple account per household

billax
    billax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 624

hi Rosa,I have an account with Brokerstorm and i feel very satisficed with them, they helped me when i faced an issue with Betfair and i have no problem with my deposits/withdrawals. It seems a little strange to me that you left 75k in your account, do you have a photo that shows your account and the amount that you claim? also, how is it possible to have the same ip with an self excluded person which lives in the same house?

Rosa123

Hi @Billax

Thanks for your comment. I would never normally leave such a large amount in my Whitehorse account - I was in the process of withdrawaing and had c. €20,000 processing. The link here shows my account as per a few minutes ago https://imgur.com/8LAVYOs

My household member had an account with Whitehorse/Brokerstorm - last year they self-excluded, I did not. We share devices and internet provider hence the matching IP addresses i imagine.

Regardless, surely the funds don't belong to Brokerstorm, i'd even be happy if they donated them to charity

Alfie White

I call BS, as it is too much of a coincidence to have ""another" "person"" betting from the same household etc.

What Brokerstorm did is 100% wrong and that is the risk for going for unregulated whitelabels, but you called this upon yourself as you left yourself exposed. And you can cut the BS here, you used both accounts, had luck with this one and got caught red-handed.

Rosa123

Hi @Alfie,

Thanks for your comment. Unfortunately I don't have a way to prove multiple ownership of accounts to you, but both myself and the household member involved are willing to submit KYC to Brokerstorm. I totally agree with you though - it does look like a coincidence, but i can't think of a way to prove it. I also agree that i did leave myself exposed to the risks of a whitelabel, all i'm after is some transparency from Brokerstorm about there investigation and ideally access to my funds. The fact that they changed the T&Cs to enforce this is shady in itself

Alfie White

You supplying 2 sets of KYCs is irrelevant, there is no way you can prove the innocence sharing the same device and IP address across 2 accounts especially with the unregulated platform. Also, I can't imagine a world they will care to respond to you.

Also, one more thing - can you answer if the limits where higher than original Betfair or the same?

Rosa123

I see your point!

With regards to limits, on my account i didn't experience any bet limits at all. Does that answer your question?

Alfie White

No, that is not the answer.

If bet limit on Betfair is 1,000 available on the price you choose, did you see 1,300 (or similar) on Whitehorse or also 1,000?

Rosa123

Hi Alfie,

There was no limit - i didn't see anything similar to that. I placed bets over €2k

Alfie White

ok

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDog View Post
    Everything is always fine til you win big. Then they dissect your account for any reason to not pay you.
    Rinse n repeat

Depressingly true. Used to be agents weren't bothered whether you won or lost, they just wanted volume for that commission kickback. Thus, all their incentives were aligned with they customer, and you rarely had problems.

billax
    billax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 624

Rosa,

I want to believe your story, but it is a kind of unusual and surely you should be a very lucky guy to win 75k with one only deposit of 1800euros as you mentioned previously, as you said someone from your home was self excluded that means that was addicted and you made an account to the company that he was self excluded..
    Also you earn 70k in less than one month.. please this is something that you could teach us how to do it!

Rosa123

Hi Billax

Ha ha, you don't want to learn from me! I got lucky this time! I'm more than happy to share a few screenshots of bets or transactions if that helps!

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

multi accounts is bad enough then you throw in the self excluding. We all know what happened here. #1 Rule in offshore is dont give them any reason to suspect you of any misdoings esp with Agents. you gave then (2) plus knowing that you deposited a good sum. So many places online to wager you could of made a better choice picking a book not connected to your household. In the states if you self exclude and get caught you get nothing back and the deposit goes to charity. Sucks as that is life changing money but not sure what SBR can do here.

eliveltonw
    eliveltonw's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would be happy if I shared to understand this luck

Rosa123

Hi all

Quick update for you. Brokerstorm have got back in touch. I'll keep you updated on any progress that is made

All the best

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9233

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa123 View Post
    Hi all

Quick update for you. Brokerstorm have got back in touch. I'll keep you updated on any progress that is made

All the best
    What is your update?

Please explain the outcome as promised.

I received a request to delete this thread, with no good reason apart from that you did not tell the truth here. But we do not delete threads because you regret lying, nor do we do it if Brokerstorm have threatened you to delete it.

Alfie White

Update is what I initially assumed - 1 person using 2 accounts, got caught red-handed. Agent came around the other forum and reimbursed the customer.

Just a regular lying gambling degenerate.

"I have not been honest with you all and I did in fact have multiple accounts with Brokerstorm.For the last decade I have suffered with gambling addiction meaning I often opened and subsequently self-excluded accounts. This was in direct breach of Terms and Conditions. After completing KYC Agent and I have had transparent communications and the amount has been refunded."

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Alfie White View Post
    Update is what I initially assumed - 1 person using 2 accounts, got caught red-handed. Agent came around the other forum and reimbursed the customer.

"I have not been honest with you all and I did in fact have multiple accounts with Brokerstorm.For the last decade I have suffered with gambling addiction meaning I often opened and subsequently self-excluded accounts. This was in direct breach of Terms and Conditions. After completing KYC Agent and I have had transparent communications and the amount has been refunded."
    Thanks Alfie

SportsBettor74
    SportsBettor74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2802

Quote Originally Posted by Alfie White View Post

"The amount has been refunded" / "Agent reimbursed the customer". Does this mean that the OP just got his deposit back or does it mean that the OP got his 75K winnings?
    Last edited by SportsBettor74; 01-22-21 at 04:46 AM.

PunterLog
    PunterLog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 141

Quote Originally Posted by SportsBettor74 View Post
    "The amount has been refunded" / "Agent reimbursed the customer". Does this mean that the OP just got his deposit back or does it mean that the OP got his 75K winnings?
    Doesn't matter. He should consider himself lucky that he got back a single cent.

It might sound harsh but self-exclusion is a serious matter and the broker had every right to seize all funds.

SportsBettor74
    SportsBettor74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2802

Quote Originally Posted by PunterLog View Post
    Doesn't matter. He should consider himself lucky that he got back a single cent.

It might sound harsh but self-exclusion is a serious matter and the broker had every right to seize all funds.
    Yes - I am sure you are correct.

In this case - however - I was curious to know what the definition of "The amount has been refunded" / "Agent reimbursed the customer" was. It would be nice for the OP to get his 75K as it seems he could do with the windfall.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

Quote Originally Posted by SportsBettor74 View Post
    Yes - I am sure you are correct.

In this case - however - I was curious to know what the definition of "The amount has been refunded" / "Agent reimbursed the customer" was. It would be nice for the OP to get his 75K as it seems he could do with the windfall.
    LOL "It would be nice for the OP to get his 75K as it seems he could do with the windfall" Brokerstorm should thank him for his foolishness for their Windfall....seen this way to many times Sad but its completely fair for agent. Brokerstorm is solid and fair agent from my experience

Vyasports
    check raise re-raise all-in
    Vyasports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1334

another member we won't hear from again.

can any mod change the title ? looking bad for brokerstorm

Colonist
    Colonist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3470

I can't say that I agree with most of you. If the OP self-excluded on an account and opened a new account to circumvent that, he should still be able to realize his wins or losses until the broker was able to identify the issues at hand. His account should be closed immediately upon identification of these issues but his full balance at that point in time should be returned. Otherwise, the broker gets to free roll an already exposed and problematic individual.

Of course his lies to the forum to state his case aren't appreciated but that shouldn't change the ultimate verdict.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Colonist View Post
    I can't say that I agree with most of you. If the OP self-excluded on an account and opened a new account to circumvent that, he should still be able to realize his wins or losses until the broker was able to identify the issues at hand. His account should be closed immediately upon identification of these issues but his full balance at that point in time should be returned. Otherwise, the broker gets to free roll an already exposed and problematic individual.

Of course his lies to the forum to state his case aren't appreciated but that shouldn't change the ultimate verdict.
    That's not how self exclusion rules work.

If they did, the "problematic individuals" self exclude then play a game of trying to get back in and if they lose claim refunds because they had self excluded.

You should spend some time on a UK or Euro focused forum and see how pathetic it is seeing the constant stream of sad people demanding they should be able to do that.
    Points Awarded:

Alfie White gave Optional 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Colonist
    Colonist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3470

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    That's not how self exclusion rules work.

If they did, the "problematic individuals" self exclude then play a game of trying to get back in and if they lose claim refunds because they had self excluded.

You should spend some time on a UK or Euro focused forum and see how pathetic it is seeing the constant stream of sad people demanding they should be able to do that.
    I wasn't aware. Sad situation. IMO, obv, even if a player has self excluded, he should not be able to be entitled to a refund if he lost a wager/wagers even if he has been able to elude the detection. Then again, I don't know the situation or the UK/European laws.

Alfie White

Responsible gambling is a very serious thing and there has been cases (you can find them online) where self-excluded players were reimbursed with their losses after they have presented the evidence to a court that operator allowed them to continue gambling (one way or the other) and generate losses. Operator was ordered to reimburse the losses, just to be clear here.

Those people are degenerates as we have seen with this fella that lied, came to cry here and will never be seen here again and he will most likely continue his actions with different operators - they cannot be helped, it is not their fault. If I were Brokerstorm, I wouldn't pay him a dime and would return the initial deposit.