DontTailMe
    DontTailMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

LooseLines Voided NBA Make/Miss Playoffs Wagers!?

LooseLines has voided all Make/Miss playoffs wagers. Given current standings, this is taking about $450 of nearly guaranteed profits away from me.

I understand voiding things like # of reg season wins, but playoffs shouldn't matter. The only test should be are there playoffs and did the team make it?

I looked in their rules and see nothing which allows for this to happen. In fact, I saw a loosely related rule which implied that they need to adhere to league decisions. I called wagering, and they said it's because they're not playing 82 games. The person I was talking to seemed to be a go-between so I didn't get very far with this. I do remember there being a banner citing minimum number of games for season win totals but not for make/miss playoffs, and I have a habit of copying any notes corresponding to my wagers. Can anyone confirm?
    Last edited by DontTailMe; 07-02-20 at 07:31 PM.

RedApples
    sup
    RedApples's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1564

lol no wonder your position was so off base and biased.

RedApples
    sup

Quote Originally Posted by DontTailMe View Post
    LooseLines has voided all Make/Miss playoffs wagers. Given current standings, this is taking about $450 of nearly guaranteed profits away from me.

I understand voiding things like # of reg season wins, but playoffs shouldn't matter. The only test should be are there playoffs and did the team make it?

I looked in their rules and see nothing which allows for this to happen. In fact, I saw a loosely related rule which implied that they need to adhere to league decisions. I called wagering, and they said it's because they're not playing 82 games. The person I was talking to seemed to be a go-between so I didn't get very far with this. I do remember there being a banner citing minimum number of games for season win totals but not for make/miss playoffs, and I have a habit of copying any notes corresponding to my wagers. Can anyone confirm?
    You're wildly inaccurate with your assumptions and beliefs. Below is all there ever was. You can use the way back machine. Theres no loosely related rule that implied that they 'adhere to league decisions'. Whatever that means. They didn't have any 82 minimum game language for anything either. Nice memory tho.

• Las Vegas rules apply to any wager not covered by rules and regulations in here.
    • For all props on players or teams we will use the official website of the sporting event to declare the winner. Examples: WWW.NFL.COM, WWW.NBA.COM etc. For events that do not have an associated website we will use WWW.ESPN.COM for results.

DontTailMe

Quote Originally Posted by RedApples View Post
    lol no wonder your position was so off base and biased.
    'm not sure why you're taking an antagonizing tone in these posts. My responses to you in the other thread were civil, and I even backed out and let you have the last word because I figured it's fine for two people to have a different opinion on what the ideal rules should be. I said my piece and you said yours.

Furthermore, this is a completely different topic and a completely different book, and I'm trying to discover what rules were on record at the time.
    Last edited by DontTailMe; 07-02-20 at 08:25 PM.

DontTailMe

You're wildly inaccurate with your assumptions and beliefs. Below is all there ever was. You can use the way back machine. Theres no loosely related rule that implied that they 'adhere to league decisions'. Whatever that means. They didn't have any 82 minimum game language for anything either. Nice memory tho.

• Las Vegas rules apply to any wager not covered by rules and regulations in here.
    • For all props on players or teams we will use the official website of the sporting event to declare the winner. Examples: WWW.NFL.COM, WWW.NBA.COM etc. For events that do not have an associated website we will use WWW.ESPN.COM for results.
    Wow, you have something up your ass, huh? You missed this one in the House Rules (yours are from Sports Rules). Again, I'm saying it's **loosely** related, so please stop with any further nitpicking. The only reason I include it is because it's the only rule which is remotely related to NBA playoffs, and I wanted to show that it calls for adhering to league decisions.

In all future wagering (for example, Super Bowl winner, etc.), the winner as determined by the League Commissioner will also be declared the winner for betting purposes. For the purposes of NCAA Football wagering, the winner of the BCS Championship game will be declared the National Champion. Any future type wager will not count towards any rollover requirement.
    https://www.looselines.ag/home/rules

So now that we're done with your stupid tangent, maybe other people can help with the question that I actually asked. Can anyone confirm that the Miss/Make Playoffs lines had a note that 82 games are required? I don't think there was.
    Last edited by DontTailMe; 07-02-20 at 08:26 PM.

RedApples
    sup

'm not sure why you're taking an antagonizing tone in these posts. My responses to you in the other thread were civil, and I even backed out and let you have the last word because I figured it's fine for two people to have a different opinion on what the ideal rules should be. I said my piece and you said yours.

Furthermore, this is a completely different topic and a completely different book, and I'm trying to discover what rules were on record at the time.
    Its not personal. Your opinion is just laughably biased and so far off base and incorrect. Books have no matter as far as bias goes.

Waybackmachine confirmed rules are exactly as they were and your memory is faulty.

RedApples
    sup

Wow, you have something up your ass, huh? You missed this one in the House Rules (yours are from Sports Rules). Again, I'm saying it's **loosely** related, so please stop with any further nitpicking. The only reason I include it is because it's the only rule which is remotely related to NBA playoffs, and I wanted to show that it calls for adhering to league decisions.

https://www.looselines.ag/home/rules

So now that we're done with your stupid tangent, maybe other people can help with the question that I actually asked. Can anyone confirm that the Miss/Make Playoffs lines had a note that 82 games are required? I don't think there was.
    lol you're so silly. I just confirmed for you that there was never any 82 games req for ANYTHING.

DontTailMe

lol you're so silly. I just confirmed for you that there was never any 82 games req for ANYTHING.
    Dude. You realize there is a difference between the rules and banner notes, right? There WAS indeed a banner note with an 82 game stipulation for season win futures - it's in my very first post. So you're already wrong right there. I'm asking if anyone can confirm that there was an 82 game banner note for make/miss playoffs futures. NOT A RULE. The fact that you weren't even looking in all of the pages where rules exist on their site is just icing on the cake.

Thank you for hijacking the thread with your stupidity.
    Last edited by DontTailMe; 07-03-20 at 04:31 PM.