Betpoints: 29335

Bachelor Contestant Won 1mil in DFS Contest. Accused of Collusion

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/b...-of-collusion/

Btw Fatty. Done on mobile platform

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57565

Saw that. Her and her husband each had the 150 max entries and together had almost every meaningful combination covered. Not technically against the rules but against the "spirit" of the rules. Apparently happens all the time but since she is "famous" the word leaked out. Should be interesting how this plays out...

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

i actually am an advocate for fantasy sports as well

but its a goddamn hopeless nightmare

i hope they all rot in hell after i win 50k this year

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

Isn't just about every possible fantasy contest a fraud anymore? I won't ever touch fantasy football or any fantasy sport ever again. Too many shills and ringers. Once you prove yourself to be good, they just put you against ringers and shills. Not to mention giving you a bad draft pick if its season long contest. I'm convinced its not "random" as they claim it is. It's over.

I thought that FanDuel got caught having their own employees playing and winning big prizes in their own contests? I mean serious people. What else do you need to see to know nearly everything is a fraud?
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave hehfest 4 Betpoint(s) for this post.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    i actually am an advocate for fantasy sports as well

but its a goddamn hopeless nightmare

i hope they all rot in hell after i win 50k this year

You said "after" you win 50k. Is this some playoff contest you are in that you are convinced you will win or something?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11913

Trump and Russia is to blame for this.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Fantasy players are laugh it is the biggest sucker game in the world

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

A million first 100k 2nd is a joke payout just lottery basically

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

sounds like its just "accused" by non fantasy players that follow pop culture and watch shows like the Bachelor

if draftkings is paying her, then who the fuk cares?

they have a limit on how many entries you can have in a contest, and big serious players all max that out i'm sure.

its just most likely some gossip entertainment writer reporting the fact that they used a bunch of entries and in their uninformed mind and the minds of 99% of the readers they think that means it is cheating

kelly@Vegas
    kelly@Vegas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 592

Why the dfs industry will fail. People colluding to mass enter while the average joe who has no chance to win plays one entry. Once the average joe leaves dfs that’s when it will end
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RudyRuetigger

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29970

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Saw that. Her and her husband each had the 150 max entries and together had almost every meaningful combination covered. Not technically against the rules but against the "spirit" of the rules. Apparently happens all the time but since she is "famous" the word leaked out. Should be interesting how this plays out...
    It actually is against DraftKings rules though. Says the following is collusion/cheating:

"Team-building complementary lineups which serve to work together AND executing a strategy that may create any unfair advantage over individual play. (Example A: You and 2 of your friends coordinate the makeup of the lineups you build AND coordinate which contests you enter using them.)"

Bye bye money
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave blankoblanco 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Trump and Russia is to blame for this.
    I doubt it. Trump doesn't have time he's eating ice cream and big good dinners several times a day as he washes it all down with diet cokes.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9824

Bachelor contestant under investigation for winning 1 mill at draftkings

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Saw this earlier

Not sure I agree with Draftkings rules but since they are in writing and are not just making them up as they go I have to side with the company

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1312

your 15 hours late big guy

peacebyinches
    pull the trigger
    peacebyinches's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7802

Of course ‘famous’ person tried to collude on DK, really going to screw their initial IPO (stock price offering) ouch.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

cliff notes please

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13312

Larry Brown's Crank

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30710

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    cliff notes please
    Draftkings has a 150 lineup entry limit for their biggest contests.

This woman that "won" knows nothing about fantasy sports. She simply had the account so her huaband could enter 300 lineups.

This has been proven to have happened before with millionaire maker winners where 2 brothers who actually play colluded to do the same thing.

But this one appears to be just a true circumvention of the 1 account per person rule to get past the entries limit.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

It’s obvious they cheated. 298/300 unique entries between the 2. You’d think her husband would be smart enough to team up with someone less obvious.

I think I read where it cost $25 per entry. So kudos to them for investing $7,500 to win $1,000,000. It’s no different than trying to buy up all lottery combinations. SBR’s had problems with this very thing before in their contests too. I don’t think it’s preventable. DK should pay out the $$

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    It’s obvious they cheated. 298/300 unique entries between the 2. You’d think her husband would be smart enough to team up with someone less obvious.

I think I read where it cost $25 per entry. So kudos to them for investing $7,500 to win $1,000,000. It’s no different than trying to buy up all lottery combinations. SBR’s had problems with this very thing before in their contests too. I don’t think it’s preventable. DK should pay out the $$
    Really no way to stop it and if your not idiots nobody will even know what you did.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Where’s the edge?

They are still paying $25 per entry. If u bet 18 numbers at the roulette wheel per spin is the house edge any different than betting 1 number?

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Where’s the edge?

They are still paying $25 per entry. If u bet 18 numbers at the roulette wheel per spin is the house edge any different than betting 1 number?

its not playing odds against the house, its odds against all other players. If one person used two accounts using his wife as a "beard"

then he effectively doubled his odds of winning by doubling the max amount of entries allowed in the contest against anyone else that choose to submit the 150 max entries in compliance with the rules.

in a playoff format, I got to think the the possible combinations of lineups possible that would hit the salary cap, would be about 20-25% less than a typical nfl week. Further leveraging the numbers in favor of a cheater. I'd also be interested to know how many regular joe and non pro players taht don't shell out thousands of dollars for one contest. Do Not compete in playoff DFS ( I know I don't) because its just not as fun to have such a limited pool of players to pick from.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post

its not playing odds against the house, its odds against all other players. If one person used two accounts using his wife as a "beard"

then he effectively doubled his odds of winning by doubling the max amount of entries allowed in the contest against anyone else that choose to submit the 150 max entries in compliance with the rules.

in a playoff format, I got to think the the possible combinations of lineups possible that would hit the salary cap, would be about 20-25% less than a typical nfl week. Further leveraging the numbers in favor of a cheater. I'd also be interested to know how many regular joe and non pro players taht don't shell out thousands of dollars for one contest. Do Not compete in playoff DFS ( I know I don't) because its just not as fun to have such a limited pool of players to pick from.
    Like someone said earlier, it's like buying more lottery tickets. The odds are the same for each ticket and there is nothing to stop someone or multiple people, especially in a playoff format, to have identical entries to one of their entries, except that person may have only entered once and had a much higher ROI. The only advantage to having more entries is a reduction in variance. The disadvantage no one is mentioning is your lineups are competing against eachother. Every paying spot you have is less money in the pool for your other lineups.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

I think the issue moreso is you are limited to 150 entries and using his wife's account he was able to get 298 entries for himself as one player. that used to be their biggest problem. people entering a huge amount of entries, especially in the 50/50 contests.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    she has that foot tattoo so you know she likes it raw

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Like someone said earlier, it's like buying more lottery tickets. The odds are the same for each ticket and there is nothing to stop someone or multiple people, especially in a playoff format, to have identical entries to one of their entries, except that person may have only entered once and had a much higher ROI. The only advantage to having more entries is a reduction in variance. The disadvantage no one is mentioning is your lineups are competing against eachother. Every paying spot you have is less money in the pool for your other lineups.
    first of all

its not like buying more lottery tickets

1) every DFS game has a winner
    2) the odds are so infintesimal in lottery that often there are no winners for months taking a 1/300,000,000 odds to 2/300,000,000 is still doubling odds, but a drop in bucket compared to say 300/50,000 or whatever the contest enrollment was.

but you are looking at this all wrong as if its draftkings/house vs the cheaters OR Cheaters Vs ROI/odds per entry

its quite simply. they had double the odds of winning vs other players, and thus an advantage, whether you deem it significant enough. That is enough, let alone the fact they have a rule vs this type of collusion or syndicate play for that very reason.

How would you feel if you got 2nd, were also a PRO and invested 3k in max entries and the softward for lineup optimizers (they don't handpick 150 lineups) and this cheater beat you by a fraction of a decimal point? would you be okay with that? that's the only question that really applies here. Is it fair to all other people that are paying for the contest to allow a rule breaker to win. Think Beat the Prick 2018/19 and the multiple entry guy that won. Were people here okay with that? were you?

I think they are okay with subracting the 3,000 or 6,000 dollar entry fee investment to win a net of at least 994,000,00

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    first of all

its not like buying more lottery tickets

1) every DFS game has a winner
    2) the odds are so infintesimal in lottery that often there are no winners for months taking a 1/300,000,000 odds to 2/300,000,000 is still doubling odds, but a drop in bucket compared to say 300/50,000 or whatever the contest enrollment was.

but you are looking at this all wrong as if its draftkings/house vs the cheaters OR Cheaters Vs ROI/odds per entry

its quite simply. they had double the odds of winning vs other players, and thus an advantage, whether you deem it significant enough. That is enough, let alone the fact they have a rule vs this type of collusion or syndicate play for that very reason.

How would you feel if you got 2nd, were also a PRO and invested 3k in max entries and the softward for lineup optimizers (they don't handpick 150 lineups) and this cheater beat you by a fraction of a decimal point? would you be okay with that? that's the only question that really applies here. Is it fair to all other people that are paying for the contest to allow a rule breaker to win. Think Beat the Prick 2018/19 and the multiple entry guy that won. Were people here okay with that? were you?

I think they are okay with subracting the 3,000 or 6,000 dollar entry fee investment to win a net of at least 994,000,00

I agree with your points, but I'm wondering what the downside is to DraftKings allowing an unlimited amout of entries? If you want to spend $25 per entry, go for it. These 2 simply took advantage of the rules in place that limit entries.

Although, I think if these 2 were at a poker table and colluding, then you'd have people more upset. Like you said, it cheats other players that are playing by the entry amount rule. Since it doesn't cheat the company, they (or she) should still win the prize IMO.

Hman

Can you imagine learning you won and imagining what you'll do with the money, only to find out you probably won't be getting it?!?

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    Can you imagine learning you won and imagining what you'll do with the money, only to find out you probably won't be getting it?!?
    they better not get it

i hate everyone in dfs

Hman

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    they better not get it

i hate everyone in dfs

You know who I despise?

Draftkings & FanDuel.

Two companies who for years cried and complained about any claim that Fantasy Sports or their companies were in any way, shape, or form similar to sports betting, and spoke of sports betting as if it were the devil, yet when it's legalized and money is to be made, look who comes running to take on.... SPORTS BETTING

Two of the biggest hypocrites ever

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

I agree with your points, but I'm wondering what the downside is to DraftKings allowing an unlimited amout of entries? If you want to spend $25 per entry, go for it. These 2 simply took advantage of the rules in place that limit entries. The less new sign ups and re ups they'll get.

Although, I think if these 2 were at a poker table and colluding, then you'd have people more upset. Like you said, it cheats other players that are playing by the entry amount rule. Since it doesn't cheat the company, they (or she) should still win the prize IMO.
    The more avg Joe Rec gamblers realize the odds are stacked against them and that 90 percent of $ is won by 5 percent of players, that just run complex analytical software to automatically create the optimum lineups over the max entries.

The rec gamblers are going to learn quite a bit more about that reality due to this more mainstream high profile case unfortunately for them, and at a very bad time.

RudyRuetigger

I agree with your points, but I'm wondering what the downside is to DraftKings allowing an unlimited amout of entries? If you want to spend $25 per entry, go for it. These 2 simply took advantage of the rules in place that limit entries.

wtf

this is like bots at a poker table

123 Last