GradyFuson
    GradyFuson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3991

Why is Pinnacle nickel and diming on payouts?

Pinnacle seems quick to cancel payout requests these days and make up reasoning. I'm not questioning their liquidity, but their CS/payout department is frustrating.

I've done well there over the last 6 months and have not made a deposit. Went to withdraw the majority of my balance and they cancelled it saying that I had not met the 3x rollover required for deposits. But I've easily rolled over my deposits 50x!!

I asked for clarity on this and they come back with saying my last deposit was unnecessary and when I deposited funds my existing balance was sufficient to cover subsequent wagers, therefore deposited funds aren't used for wagering. I understand that they may have rules to prevent players from using their book as an ewallet, but my account and volume is obviously not in that category.

icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6518

Strange. I've never had a non bitcoin payout take longer than 15 minutes at Pinnacle, ever.

If there was a misunderstanding or error on their end they will rectify it, and usually quickly.

garyking
    garyking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7078

That sounds ridiculous, once you get in that situation, if rollover never applies to the last deposit, you would never be able to withdraw without your original balance reaching zero.

GradyFuson

Quote Originally Posted by garyking View Post
    That sounds ridiculous, once you get in that situation, if rollover never applies to the last deposit, you would never be able to withdraw without your original balance reaching zero.
    They are saying that I can withdraw up to the amount of my last deposit (to be clear my last deposit was only $3k. So I have to leave that $3k in my account until I bet it 3x). They are saying that I never rolled over my last deposit because I never had my entire balance in play over the last 6 months.

I understand completely why they would have that policy, but Im the kind of player that does not want to be short on a CFB Saturday, so I top up my balance just in case. Since that time I've been betting nfl, NBA and MLB. Clearly I'm not trying to take advantage of them.

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Quote Originally Posted by GradyFuson View Post
    They are saying that I can withdraw up to the amount of my last deposit (to be clear my last deposit was only $3k. So I have to leave that $3k in my account until I bet it 3x). They are saying that I never rolled over my last deposit because I never had my entire balance in play over the last 6 months.
    I understand completely why they would have that policy, but Im the kind of player that does not want to be short on a CFB Saturday, so I top up my balance just in case. Since that time I've been betting nfl, NBA and MLB. Clearly I'm not trying to take advantage of them.
    "Never had entire balance in play". Are you kidding? What a joke.

icon

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfan371 View Post
    "Never had entire balance in play". Are you kidding? What a joke.
    They don't literally mean betting your bankroll, they mean rollover. If you deposit $1k they expect $3k worth of action before approving a payout.

eaglesfan371

Quote Originally Posted by icon View Post
    They don't literally mean betting your bankroll, they mean rollover. If you deposit $1k they expect $3k worth of action before approving a payout.
    Unless I misread what he said he said the following (creating a hypothetical example):

Ran $2000 deposit into $20k, rolling over much greater than 3x.
    Deposited $3000 more just in case of more $ needed for +EV lines

Balance now $23k. Pinnacle said that him betting $5-10k a day does not count towards the rollover for the subsequent $3000 deposit because his 20k balance was always used first. He would have had to use more than $20k in play at one time for a play to count towards the 3k 3x rollover (again hypothetical numbers).

AimHigher
    AimHigher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

I don't really think this is anything new. I've heard the same complaint in the past.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

@Eaglesfan, The OP deposited $3000 when he apparently already had a balance.

They are saying his balance never dropped back to $3000 after that, so he still needs to do the 3x rollover needed for a free payout or pay the withdraw fees.

For historical reasons, that are a bit long winded to explain when not needed, this is how it works at Pinny. The rule came in to prevent people over using the deposit/withdrawal system. Which was used a lot more and differently at Pinny than other books for a long time, partly due to the large userbase of arbers.
    Last edited by Optional; 06-01-19 at 03:31 PM.

juralou
    juralou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

When you are the only one that claims "winners welcome", you can get some guys that really trim hard. A slowdown in the payout speed is always sign of something... What that something is, is the question, maybe just a little adjustment, or something more major, like all in life, time will tell.
    Last edited by juralou; 06-01-19 at 06:42 PM.

icon

The great thing about Pinnacle payouts for Canadians is that they take less than 15 mins for most methods, wire and bitcoin excluded.

I remember using Skrill and payouts took less than 5 mins. Now "MuchBetter" payments are almost instant.

eaglesfan371

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    @Eaglesfan, The OP deposited $3000 when he apparently already had a balance.

They are saying his balance never dropped back to $3000 after that, so he still needs to do the 3x rollover needed for a free payout or pay the withdraw fees.

For historical reasons, that are a bit long winded to explain when not needed, this is how it works at Pinny. The rule came in to prevent people over using the deposit/withdrawal system. Which was used a lot more and differently at Pinny than other books for a long time, partly due to the large userbase of arbers.
    Ah okay makes sense. Not really fair to the average user but I understand why with arbers welcome, the rule is there. Thanks for the clarification.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Yeah it's annoying.

GradyFuson

Unless I misread what he said he said the following (creating a hypothetical example):

Ran $2000 deposit into $20k, rolling over much greater than 3x.
    Deposited $3000 more just in case of more $ needed for +EV lines

Balance now $23k. Pinnacle said that him betting $5-10k a day does not count towards the rollover for the subsequent $3000 deposit because his 20k balance was always used first. He would have had to use more than $20k in play at one time for a play to count towards the 3k 3x rollover (again hypothetical numbers).
    Basically this about right.

I've had this account for probably 10 years and have almost always tried to keep at least $20k there. More during football season. Since that $3k deposit back in December I would have made well over $200k worth of bets, but apparently never having my entire balance in play therefore in their opinion the $3000 deposit was unnecessary. In my opinion it was necessary.

I'm able to withdraw everything up to $3000, so it's not the worst thing in the world and if I truly needed more I could pay the fee.

I guess rules are rules.

Stumpage
    Update your status
    Stumpage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13676

Quote Originally Posted by icon View Post
    The great thing about Pinnacle payouts for Canadians is that they take less than 15 mins for most methods, wire and bitcoin excluded.

I remember using Skrill and payouts took less than 5 mins. Now "MuchBetter" payments are almost instant.
    Exactly; Instadebit takes about 2 minutes as well regardless of amount. Anyway, hope it works out for the OP...

eaglesfan371

Quote Originally Posted by GradyFuson View Post
    Basically this about right.

I've had this account for probably 10 years and have almost always tried to keep at least $20k there. More during football season. Since that $3k deposit back in December I would have made well over $200k worth of bets, but apparently never having my entire balance in play therefore in their opinion the $3000 deposit was unnecessary. In my opinion it was necessary.

I'm able to withdraw everything up to $3000, so it's not the worst thing in the world and if I truly needed more I could pay the fee.

I guess rules are rules.
    Sounds like you've been doing well though against Pinnacle long term, so on that same thought, you'll likely not touch/need that 3k anyways.

GradyFuson

Sounds like you've been doing well though against Pinnacle long term, so on that same thought, you'll likely not touch/need that 3k anyways.
    Over the last year or so I am up on them, but lifetime I've got a long way to go.