AimHigher
    AimHigher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Does Anyone Have Experience With Copytip.com?

Does anyone have experience with CopyTip.com?

I saw it advertised on Blogabet. I would assume that if it's advertised on Blogabet, that it must be associated with Blogabet in some way, but I cannot confirm this. However, it is unlikely that Blogabet would allow a direct competitor to advertise on their site, IMO. You can see the advertisement on any Blogabet page.

CopyTip is like the eToro of sports betting! If you don't know what eToro is, it's a site where professional Forex traders are followed. When the Trader places a trade, the followers are automatically added to the trade, without having to do anything. This means that the followers enter and exit the trade where the Trader does, automatically. Of course, in exchange the Trader gets a commission from his followers.

So with CopyTip, you actually place your bet through them to Asian bookies, and then they have all of your followers automatically copy your tip, essentially meaning that they all bet at the same moment you do. This prevents followers from needing to check their email for picks, and ensures that they always get the best odds, instead of placing their bets 30 minutes late after the line has already moved. Also, because the followers bet automatically, they can't re-sell your picks, because they don't know what the picks are until after the event ends. I quite like the concept, as it seems to fix all of the problems that traditional pick-selling sites have had.

I signed up to the site, but I haven't done anything with it yet. I'm hoping to find out if others have been able to withdraw, before I decide to put money there. I'm also curious what the odds are like, compared to sites like Pinny.

They are regulated in Curacao. I don't know if that is safe or not. I doubt it's as safe as Malta, or the Isle of Man.

This Service operates under the License No. 1668/JAZ issued to Curacao Egaming, Authorized and Regulated by the Government of Curacao.
    I found another such site called "CopyBet.com," but the grammar on the page is very poor, and therefore it feels kind of sketchy, IMO. I found it via Google, it wasn't advertised on Blogabet like CopyTip. Does anyone have experience with CopyBet?

Here are some examples of poor English Grammar skills, courtesy of CopyBet.com:
    "Do not waste your time for betting."
    "Just couple of clicks -the platform will do all the rest"
    "Share your bets and earn a commissionfrom your subscribers"
    Last edited by AimHigher; 05-26-19 at 01:08 PM.

moojoo
    moojoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

Do i understand well. You say untill match is over yo dont know what you bet? This cant be legit if thats the case. They can fake all the betd then.

AimHigher

Quote Originally Posted by moojoo View Post
    Do i understand well. You say untill match is over yo dont know what you bet? This cant be legit if thats the case. They can fake all the betd then.
    The person placing the bet knows what the bet is. The people who copy the bet don't know until the event is over.

This is from their FAQ:

Tip copying refers to following the sport selections of trade leaders. Trade leaders, or tipsters, are people with knowledge in sports that are able to generate high yield from the selections they make. When you follow a trade leader’s strategy, the system automatically places the same trades on your behalf. You get to determine how much money is allocated and set certain limits within which trades are executed. Whenever the trade leader posts a new tip, the system opens a new trade for you and after the sports event has been graded, you see the result of your trade in your balance.
    I don't know what to say. They will probably make more money and stay in business longer, by providing an honest service rather than a dishonest one?

The Sports Trader who placed the bet, will have the bet recorded under his/her results history. You are suggesting that the site would give the Trader one history to view, and the Investors another history to view? That seems like more effort than it would be worth.
    Last edited by AimHigher; 05-26-19 at 04:55 PM.

Barrakuda
    Barrakuda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7305

No idea if the site is legit, but the concept seems terribly flawed. Are they placing bets in your actual account via API. There's no way books wouldn't start banning accounts if you're part of a synchronized flood of orders that exceed its limits. If it's a single account, why would the bookie allow it to operate outside of its limits?

Barrakuda
    Barrakuda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7305

I think Pyckio offers a similar service (or third parties do), but again, flooding the market is never sustainable long-term.

moojoo
    moojoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

Aim Higher i didnt understood well. You are right about too much effort to screw up people.

Poisec
    Poisec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3225

Quote Originally Posted by Barrakuda View Post
    No idea if the site is legit, but the concept seems terribly flawed. Are they placing bets in your actual account via API. There's no way books wouldn't start banning accounts if you're part of a synchronized flood of orders that exceed its limits. If it's a single account, why would the bookie allow it to operate outside of its limits?
    My thoughts exactly. I think most tipsters who have nice ROI on Blogabet are placing bet on niche markets often on Bet365 odds. And it's hard to screw Bet365.

AimHigher

Here is a Youtube add for eToro, which shows how this works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMavJiCdS4E

Actually, I found a video for CopyBet as well. Believe it or not, the grammar in the video is excellent:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4JbaK0L8KQ

AimHigher

Quote Originally Posted by Barrakuda View Post
    According to the CopyBet video above, they use Betfair to place bets.

There existed a Hedge Fund called the Priomha Group, but it seems to be no more. They existed for at least 5 years, and I recall that they placed their bets on Betfair, with permission. I don't know what happened to them. The website is down. The CEO did an interview in December of 2018:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJLvOUD_Pmo

I can't find it on the CopyTips website now, but I recall reading that they place their bets with Asian books. They acknowledge that the odds drop when bets are placed; therefore, they try to ensure that all investors get the same price. You can read about it here:

https://www.copytip.com/en/faq/copy/...ther-investors
    Last edited by AimHigher; 05-29-19 at 12:44 AM.

AimHigher

Here is an interesting point in the interview with the Priomha CEO, discussing how his hedge fund was able to place such large bets:

https://youtu.be/cJLvOUD_Pmo?t=1652

It sounds like he was talking about Pinnacle: "high volume, low margin."
    Last edited by AimHigher; 05-29-19 at 01:24 AM.

AimHigher

I did some investigative work on CopyTip. I was curious, because the first time I ever saw a CopyTip advertisement, was on the Blogabet website. I couldn't understand why Blogabet would allow a competitor to advertise on their site; therefore, it was my assumption that Blogabet owns CopyTip. I decided to ask CopyTip themselves for an answer. Here was their reply:

Hi, we can not discuss ownership issues in details, but as seen in our terms and conditions, as well as on the footer, Copytip is owned by Copytip International Limited B.V. Curacao.

Best Regards,
    Copytip Support
    I'm not sure of the reason for all of the secrecy, but whatever.

I noticed that Blogabet is owned by this company:

The Site is operated by Betport Ltd, Bulgaria (with registered company number 201448396) trading as Blogabet (the Company, we, us and our) and is managed by the Company in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act and the related legal framework including but not limited to Regulation (EC) 2016/679 (" GDPR "
    I decided to do a Google search, and I found this website, which appears to be some sort of trademark registration website. Note, the website is not in English. (I'm not going to link it directly, as I can't guarantee that the website is safe.)

https:// inregistrare-marci.ro/verificare-marca-inregistrata-OSIM-EUIPO-WIPO.php?page=34945&tr=1112981

On this website, you can see the following: (Click to enlarge)

While I can't say for certain that BETPORT EOOD, is the same company as Betport Ltd, Bulgaria, it seems like more than a coincidence to me.
    Last edited by AimHigher; 06-06-19 at 02:04 AM.

AimHigher

CopyBet seems to be ahead of CopyTip with some of the features they offer:

CopyBet introduces a virtual account for copying bets
    Now you can test all opportunities offered by CopyBet without risks of loss.
    A virtual account sounds like a cool way to give things a try, risk free. I like that.

They also give a $10 welcome bonus.

CopyTip doesn't give any bonus, nor does it have the ability to playtest, so far as I can tell.

AimHigher

I found another such website, called BetMarkets. They have a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT-HLh9eG7o

AimHigher

Some more interesting videos:

More information about CopyBet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7Fppm472-s

Another website: WinPredict.com. This one allows you to choose the bookmaker that you place your copybets with, such as Pinnacle, and many more. Note, this is another site with poor grammar, similar to CopyBet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HD6OE9HzJc
    Last edited by AimHigher; 06-09-19 at 02:44 PM.

AimHigher

Quote Originally Posted by AimHigher View Post
    I can't find it on the CopyTips website now, but I recall reading that they place their bets with Asian books.
    I found it here: https://www.copytip.com/en/why-invest

High liquidity

Copytip aims to suit the needs of both recreational users and high stake copiers alike. We partner with the most reliable and trustworthy providers in order to get the widest offer of betting markets, finest odds and highest limits. Through our platform tipsters and copiers have access to all leading Asian bookmakers and the possibility to place the highest stakes without risking of getting limited.
    And here: https://www.copytip.com/en/already-a-tipster

OPEN AN ACCOUNT

Being a Sports Trader at Copytip is similar to using a traditional bookmaker. Just register and fund your account to have access to the offers of all leading Asian bookmakers.
    Last edited by AimHigher; 07-14-19 at 05:01 PM.