joeyknish22
    joeyknish22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 326

Betmania: Voided Wager 24 hours after event [resolved]

Wanted to post this on here for awareness. I also posted the ordeal on twitter @joeyknish22.

I bet an outright on the Indy Alabama Grand Prix this week at Betmania. The wager Sato +4000, for literally $50 so we are only talking 2k. The same lines were up all week at the website, and widely available at many shops. On Sunday Sato reposted around +1000 in the market after qualifying (I had made my wager previously).

Sato won the race on Sunday, and the wager was graded a winner Sunday post race. Monday morning, I logged in, and my wager had been voided, about 18 hours after the event. Management said it was a "line error" but when I asked for the correct price they said they didn't know. Asked for the wager to be graded at what they felt to be market price, would not honor it. I also had a $50 wager on another driver that was graded as a loser, and not voided. CS and management would be basically nothing to help with the issue. I filed a complaint with SBR and hope they can help.

I've been offshore gambling for 10 years, and I have NEVER had a wager graded, then had the funds taken from my account the next day. I don't know why this is a "B" rated book here. I would encourage anyone to avoid Betmania.
    Last edited by Optional; 04-11-19 at 11:15 AM.

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13947

Yep same stuff with BetPhoenix, Skybook etc. Always using bait and switch tactics, cutting limits while clearing insane rollovers, stalling on payouts. Not a good group to bet with. I've been fortunate to receive all my money from them in the past and I beat them up pretty badly. Hope you get paid.

rzagza11
    rzagza11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 504

Serious question and don’t take it personally. WHY WOULD ANYONE RISK PLAYING AT THESE DONKEY SMALL TIME BOOKS? There are countless real options out there where you know you’ll actually get paid if you win. Why risk it at these tiny shops?! Help me understand. Is it just to play at a bunch of different books to scrape bonuses? Fellas, gambling isn’t that hard that you need to resort to this stuff to make a dollar. If it’s really that hard for you you may want to consider another hobby.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9306

Quote Originally Posted by joeyknish22 View Post
    Wanted to post this on here for awareness. I also posted the ordeal on twitter @joeyknish22.

I bet an outright on the Indy Alabama Grand Prix this week at Betmania. The wager Sato +4000, for literally $50 so we are only talking 2k. The same lines were up all week at the website, and widely available at many shops. On Sunday Sato reposted around +1000 in the market after qualifying (I had made my wager previously).

Sato won the race on Sunday, and the wager was graded a winner Sunday post race. Monday morning, I logged in, and my wager had been voided, about 18 hours after the event. Management said it was a "line error" but when I asked for the correct price they said they didn't know. Asked for the wager to be graded at what they felt to be market price, would not honor it. I also had a $50 wager on another driver that was graded as a loser, and not voided. CS and management would be basically nothing to help with the issue. I filed a complaint with SBR and hope they can help.

I've been offshore gambling for 10 years, and I have NEVER had a wager graded, then had the funds taken from my account the next day. I don't know why this is a "B" rated book here. I would encourage anyone to avoid Betmania.
    I saw Sato at +3000 at 5Dimes pre practice.

I recall as i almost bet it.

+2500 to +5000 is probably the same opening odds range offered on him every race this year so far.

+4000 not an obvious error.
    Last edited by Optional; 04-10-19 at 11:59 AM.

ronald
    ronald's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8459

I remember when Skybook was a first rate book.

But that was over a decade ago.

The bettor is completely in the right here.

Avoid these skins.

joeyknish22

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I saw Sato at +3000 at 5Dimes pre qualifying.

I recall as i almost bet it.

+2500 to +5000 is probably the same opening odds range offered on him every race this year so far.

+4000 not an obvious error.
    For sure. It was available in that range everywhere all week. Sato did repost on Sunday around +1000 before the race, but I had bet it prior to that.

joeyknish22

Quote Originally Posted by rzagza11 View Post
    Serious question and don’t take it personally. WHY WOULD ANYONE RISK PLAYING AT THESE DONKEY SMALL TIME BOOKS? There are countless real options out there where you know you’ll actually get paid if you win. Why risk it at these tiny shops?! Help me understand. Is it just to play at a bunch of different books to scrape bonuses? Fellas, gambling isn’t that hard that you need to resort to this stuff to make a dollar. If it’s really that hard for you you may want to consider another hobby.
    I keep a lot of different accounts at a ton of shops. They scrape Pinnacle lines so being in the US (and not having Pinny access), it's a way to basically have Pinny line access. And it's a "B" rated book here, although maybe it shouldn't be.

Optional

I keep a lot of different accounts at a ton of shops. They scrape Pinnacle lines so being in the US (and not having Pinny access), it's a way to basically have Pinny line access. And it's a "B" rated book here, although maybe it shouldn't be.
    I haven't seen them void other bets like this before. There must be some reason for it. It seems weird for them to just say its a bad line at those odds on a 50 buck bet.

I'm sure SBR will be able to help work out what has gone on for you and hopefully get you paid.

joeyknish22

I haven't seen them void other bets like this before. There must be some reason for it. It seems weird for them to just say its a bad line at those odds on a 50 buck bet.

I'm sure SBR will be able to help work out what has gone on for you and hopefully get you paid.
    Hope so. Been at this a long time, never had funds taken and wager voided next day after an event, and they’ve been less than helpful so far in trying to resolve this.

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7750

Im sure they will fix this.

joeyknish22

Wanted to post a follow up. Manager just called me. Was very apologetic, and agreed to pay out the wager at market price (industry standard). Said it shouldn’t have taken so long, and I was welcome to keep playing at the book. Appreciate the attention and support from everyone, and help from SBR.

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Wanted to post a follow up. Manager just called me. Was very apologetic, and agreed to pay out the wager at market price (industry standard). Said it shouldn’t have taken so long, and I was welcome to keep playing at the book. Appreciate the attention and support from everyone, and help from SBR.
    Great to hear and congrats on the nice win.

Optional

That's good to hear.

But it would be nice if you explained the full story about when these bets were placed after all the shade Betmania copped in this thread.

They are being very nice to honor +1000 on Sato for you.

Many books would have stuck to the void decision.

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10848

Funny how they were no help until you came on here exposing what they did.

PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2326

That's good to hear.

But it would be nice if you explained the full story about when these bets were placed after all the shade Betmania copped in this thread.

Or you can tell us when they were placed and why +1000 is being very nice. Sounds like it was a bad line.

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16824

Joeyknish22 Take your money out of that book NOW!!

eaglesfan371

That's good to hear.

Confused by this post Optional. Before scratches and confirms, this horse was +4000. That seemed to be market rate across several books. He wagered when it was market rate.

Then on Sunday it drops to +1000.

I’m confused why you think he is “lucky” for being paid here? He wagered a line that was fair among books. If his bet was a bad line they had an opportunity to refund it days before the race occurred. He should be paid the amount in full. Am I missing something?

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfan371 View Post

Confused by this post Optional. Before scratches and confirms, this horse was +4000. That seemed to be market rate across several books. He wagered when it was market rate.

Then on Sunday it drops to +1000.

I’m confused why you think he is “lucky” for being paid here? He wagered a line that was fair among books. If his bet was a bad line they had an opportunity to refund it days before the race occurred. He should be paid the amount in full. Am I missing something?
    He bet it Saturday afternoon during live sessions when the market was not supposed to be up.

I can imagine quite a few other books that would simply say it was a past post bet as the market was still up in error and stay with a void.

There is no real argument that the +4000 wasn't a bad line at that time and should have been cancelled, but I also think it was the right thing to do in honoring the winner at the adjusted odds as it wasn't picked up in time.

I assume they decided to do that as they must have thought he wasn't taking a deliberate shot after speaking to him

Betmania does not deserve the criticism it got here. I think they handled it right the whole way through after hearing more about the circumstances.

eaglesfan371

Okay did not know he bet it past post

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfan371 View Post
    Okay did not know he bet it past post
    Which is why I hoped he would explain more than he did in his last post.

PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2326

Which is why I hoped he would explain more than he did in his last post.
    thanks for explaining, I thought that’s what you were hinting at but wasn’t positive.

joeyknish22

That's good to hear.

The bets were placed on mid day Saturday after I saw who looked good in practice for the week, but before official qualifying results were posted, most books had pulled odds down for the weekend. Odds did not repost until Sunday. I did not have knowledge of what Sato would repost at. I also bet 4 other drivers, not just Sato. Betmania kept those posted throughout the entire week. I’m fine with saying it was a grey area, since a lot of places don’t keep odds up past Friday morning. However, I disagree with your take “most books would have stuck with the void”. These were bet before market odds adjusted, and no book I’ve ever dealt with voids a wager post event the next day. And by “very nice” I had to throw a shit storm for 3 days just to get it graded at what they deemed to be market price, and I’m quite confident if I didn’t it never gets taken care of.

joeyknish22

He bet it Saturday afternoon during live sessions when the market was not supposed to be up.

I can imagine quite a few other books that would simply say it was a past post bet as the market was still up in error and stay with a void.

There is no real argument that the +4000 wasn't a bad line at that time and should have been cancelled, but I also think it was the right thing to do in honoring the winner at the adjusted odds as it wasn't picked up in time.

I assume they decided to do that as they must have thought he wasn't taking a deliberate shot after speaking to him

Betmania does not deserve the criticism it got here. I think they handled it right the whole way through after hearing more about the circumstances.
    - I did not know Sato would poll it and repost +1000 when the bet was made.
    - Also had a bet on Will Power who qualified like shit and reposted at higher odds than I bet
    - They had ample time to void the wager (more than 24 hours) pre-race if they thought it unfair, my other wagers were graded as losers. The same lines I bet were available on their site 5 minutes before the actual race started.
    - After they voided I originally gave them the opportunity and requested wager be graded at what they felt to be market price, as that would be industry standard in this situation. They refused, and lied saying “they aren’t even sure what a correct market price would have been”
    - Took 3 days of blowing this up to get a manager on the phone to honor it.

I appreciate them making it right in the end, and the manager was very accommodating, but it doesn’t happen without the attention I drew. Saying “they handled it right the whole way through”, is ridiculous.

hustledouble
    hustledouble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1911

However, I disagree with your take “most books would have stuck with the void”. These were bet before market odds adjusted, and no book I’ve ever dealt with voids a wager post event the next day.
    Give me a break. *Every reputable book*, when you bet past post, or into a line error, or into a line that was obviously supposed to be taken down and is thus a line error, is going to cancel your bet and probably send you a warning not to bet into erroneous lines again or they may restrict your account.

This is not even controversial, and is a common expectation.

You pitched a tantrum over a $50 bet at a relatively small book who bent over backwards to accommodate you when every A book on this site would have told you to take a walk.

If you don't know that line errors get cancelled and warnings get sent on taking advantage of line errors as an industry standard, you don't know much.

joeyknish22

Quote Originally Posted by hustledouble View Post
    Give me a break. *Every reputable book*, when you bet past post, or into a line error, or into a line that was obviously supposed to be taken down and is thus a line error, is going to cancel your bet and probably send you a warning not to bet into erroneous lines again or they may restrict your account.

This is not even controversial, and is a common expectation.

You pitched a tantrum over a $50 bet at a relatively small book who bent over backwards to accommodate you when every A book on this site would have told you to take a walk.

If you don't know that line errors get cancelled and warnings get sent on taking advantage of line errors as an industry standard, you don't know much.
    Lol, jeez man. I guess we can agree to disagree. That hasn’t been my experience post event elsewhere.

Regardless, I thought the outcome ended fairly. Thanks again to everyone for the assistance.

scottgodson1985
    Update your status
    scottgodson1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11172

uncle knish welcome to sbr