Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13851

Quote Originally Posted by JamesBrown View Post
    I successfully set this up via BofA. The 2 amounts to verify did post to the Bitpay card. Just be aware it will charge you a $5 ACH fee to setup however.
    Yep. This happened to me too. $10 in fees is stupid but whatever.

chasincoin
    chasincoin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

OK so I just went to my local HEB and got two money orders for 1k each. Each MO was $.69. I just swiped my bitpay card and entered my PIN and she gave me 2k cash!. NO ID , NO questions. Then I just went to my local bank and cashed those bad boys all within 25 mins.

This was actually easier than using the atm and getting binked $2 for every $750 you wd from atms.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

Quote Originally Posted by Crusherrr View Post
    Yep. This happened to me too. $10 in fees is stupid but whatever.
    All you have to do is contact CS and they will refund the fee when you tell them they where test to confirm account

hello1234567
    hello1234567's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2222

Was wondering if using your Bitpay card too often to buy Money Ooorrders will trigger any red flags? Been using ATM almost all the time.

allwater334
    allwater334's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    All you have to do is contact CS and they will refund the fee when you tell them they where test to confirm account
    I can confirm that they will refund for the test deposits, however, it's strange that they charged $10 because even though they tested with 2 deposits on my account as well, bitpay only charged 1 time for $5. It wasn't an issue getting it refunded, they knew exactly what I was talking about and didn't transfer me to a zillion people b4 it finally got resolved so it's really as simple as calling them.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by chasincoin View Post
    OK so I just went to my local HEB and got two money orders for 1k each. Each MO was $.69. I just swiped my bitpay card and entered my PIN and she gave me 2k cash!. NO ID , NO questions. Then I just went to my local bank and cashed those bad boys all within 25 mins.

This was actually easier than using the atm and getting binked $2 for every $750 you wd from atms.
    Great post. Wish I had an HEB in my state.

Quote Originally Posted by hello1234567 View Post
    Was wondering if using your Bitpay card too often to buy Money Ooorrders will trigger any red flags? Been using ATM almost all the time.
    IMO doing the ATM thing would trigger it faster than the MO. Reason being.... when you get the MO... it's technically a Point of Sale transaction... and that's what they want you to do with the card anyways. A MO transactions once a month shouldn't trigger anything.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Quote Originally Posted by allwater334 View Post
    I use BkofAma so yes u can do it. If you log in using the app or mobile, it will only give u the option for zelle or at least it's all I seem to be able to do. Anyways, go to the bank website and if it directs you to the mobile, scroll down to the bottom and click view full site. Once u log in to your account, look on the right side and u should see options for messages, transfers and other things. Click on transfers and then it should be self explanatory...u have to add your bitpay account info which u can do under the manage transfers tab or possibly it says add recepient. I'm not too sure what it says because im not looking at it right now but hopefully u can figure it out once u get to the transfers page
    Thanks. I figured it out. I hate why you can't just do that on the mobile app. That's why apps suck. You can't do everything on them. I appreciate the info.

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Was able to purchase a MO today at Walmart via debit transaction with PIN. Went through smoothly with no hiccups.

I might try doing it at my grocery store next time since it’s only 99 cents there and is closer, where Walmart charged me 88 cents (however the max is 500 at the grocery store)

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post
    Was able to purchase a MO today at Walmart via debit transaction with PIN. Went through smoothly with no hiccups.

I might try doing it at my grocery store next time since it’s only 99 cents there and is closer, where Walmart charged me 88 cents (however the max is 500 at the grocery store)
    Do it wherever you feel it's convenient. I was only doing it at Walmart before because each MO was only $0.70 (each) and the max on one transaction was 2k (without ID). Now since things have changed... I may look elsewhere myself.

mrpapageorgio

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Do it wherever you feel it's convenient. I was only doing it at Walmart before because each MO was only $0.70 (each) and the max on one transaction was 2k (without ID). Now since things have changed... I may look elsewhere myself.
    I was out running errands today and Walmart was on the way home from where I had to go so this time it was no issue, plus I figured why not help provide another data point for this thread. However, in the future, I'm going to give my local grocery store a shot if the difference is only a few cents.

Also wanted to add FWIW, I've never had to show an ID at the post office in past experiences when buying a MO, but I just hating going there because the line is always so damn long.
    Last edited by mrpapageorgio; 03-27-19 at 05:17 AM.

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3032

Thank for the solid info everyone, I just completed a payout and it's in the process of confirming to my bitpay card so I'll give this method a try.

Pinoy-T-X
    Pinoy-T-X's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21609

Just be careful when you buy too much MO’s

https://bangordailynews.com/2013/09/...-money-orders/

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by 5918mike View Post
    Thank for the solid info everyone, I just completed a payout and it's in the process of confirming to my bitpay card so I'll give this method a try.
    It's all about helping others.

mrpapageorgio

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy-T-X View Post
    Just be careful when you buy too much MO’s

https://bangordailynews.com/2013/09/...-money-orders/
    Let me guess, didn't spread it around at Walmarts or 7-11s or currency exchanges and probably always did the same USPS location out of convenience and the postal workers got suspicious and alerted authorities.

Pinoy-T-X

Let me guess, didn't spread it around at Walmarts or 7-11s or currency exchanges and probably always did the same USPS location out of convenience and the postal workers got suspicious and alerted authorities.
    On the link it said they went to nine different USPS in the state to make a purchase.

mrpapageorgio

On the link it said they went to nine different USPS in the state to make a purchase.
    Interesting. I'm still going to assume he bought multiple $1k MOs at one location or did something along those lines that triggered a postal worker to alerting authorities.

Pinoy-T-X

Interesting. I'm still going to assume he bought multiple $1k MOs at one location or did something along those lines that triggered a postal worker to alerting authorities.
    It was 3k MO’s a day, totaling 65k in a period of seven months

parch2
    parch2's Avatar Become A Pro!

really?

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

It was 3k MO’s a day, totaling 65k in a period of seven months
    Yeah your math is a little fuzzy there pal.

5918mike

Complete my first mo transaction. Bought $900 at Walmart for 88 cents last night on my way home, deposited into my bank today at lunch. Saves a few bucks over atm.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by 5918mike View Post
    Complete my first mo transaction. Bought $900 at Walmart for 88 cents last night on my way home, deposited into my bank today at lunch. Saves a few bucks over atm.
    Just curious... did you have to show your ID for $900 worth?

Pinoy-T-X

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    Yeah your math is a little fuzzy there pal.
    I’m sorry I didn’t word it properly, basically what I was trying to say the max they would purchase in MO was 3k a day (not everyday) in a period of seven months and the grand total came out to 65k. I hope that explains it for you.

5918mike

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Just curious... did you have to show your ID for $900 worth?
    Good question, I forgot that I was going to include that I did NOT have to show ID. Didn't ask me anything.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

I’m sorry I didn’t word it properly, basically what I was trying to say the max they would purchase in MO was 3k a day (not everyday) in a period of seven months and the grand total came out to 65k. I hope that explains it for you.

MrCavalier
    MrCavalier's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Lol... I can’t wait for my state to legalize wagering.. Every time you buy crypto, a cut is taken, cashout a cut is taken, atm cut is taken, mo cut is taken... Add up everything and your around 10-12%... Americans buy far dummies... Just cashed my Texas Tech ticket for 15k at the Wynn for no fees no Id.. 15k in hand within 5 mins of final horn... Online books are dead... Bitpay just putting another nail in coffin

littlekona

Quote Originally Posted by MrCavalier View Post
    Lol... I can’t wait for my state to legalize wagering.. Every time you buy crypto, a cut is taken, cashout a cut is taken, atm cut is taken, mo cut is taken... Add up everything and your around 10-12%... Americans buy far dummies... Just cashed my Texas Tech ticket for 15k at the Wynn for no fees no Id.. 15k in hand within 5 mins of final horn... Online books are dead... Bitpay just putting another nail in coffin
    No CTR form in Vegas huh?
    Last edited by littlekona; 03-31-19 at 01:15 PM.

MrCavalier

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    No CTR form in Vegas huh?
    That would be a negative bud, young gal at window did ask me to “write” down my ss number, 5 bens allowed to to write 123-45-6789...

littlekona

That would be a negative bud, young gal at window did ask me to “write” down my ss number, 5 bens allowed to to write 123-45-6789...
    yea sure LOL...nice try

mrpapageorgio

LMAO ya right, because the auditing department wouldn't be up her ass the next day for not verifying it.

If you know what you're doing, 5% tops in Bitcoin fees. This 10-15% is if you don't know what you're doing or are that paranoid about reporting your income and are willing to pay an arm and a leg to those highway robbery ATMs.
    Last edited by mrpapageorgio; 03-31-19 at 03:10 PM.

MrCavalier

LMAO ya right, because the auditing department wouldn't be up her ass the next day for not verifying it.
    Believe or not, it’s what happened. I have cashed out 4 or 5 Wynn chocolates at the same time without CTR before. Only difference in that case would be my host standing next to me..
    Last edited by MrCavalier; 03-31-19 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Clearing up that I cashed 4 or 5 chocolates in one transaction

mrpapageorgio

Believe or not, it’s what happened. I have cashed out 4 or 5 Wynn chocolates at the same time without CTR before. Only difference in that case would be my host standing next to me..
    But yet you can't even donate $100 to charity to go pro.

MrCavalier

But yet you can't even donate $100 to charity to go pro.
    Can’t argue there. Honestly tried it when I first signed up didn’t work out..

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Really???

You're in a thread with a hundred people who use bitcoin and actually know what the costs are.

You're not just talking BS to other people who don't know any better at Reddit now MrCavalier.

It's cool how you can win 15K in Vegas and not have it reported for tax too. Marvelous situation you have there.

MrCavalier

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Really???

You're in a thread with a hundred people who use bitcoin and actually know what the costs are.

You're not just talking BS to other people who don't know any better at Reddit now MrCavalier.

It's cool how you can win 15K in Vegas and not have it reported for tax too. Marvelous situation you have there.
    Curious bud, I’m in USA... Pretty hip to the crypto scene.... How does one get crypto in good ole USA? Bitcoin atm? 6-20% fee... Coinbase is 1.49% fee, granted cheaper if one uses GDAX... That was in good ole days before c.c charged crypto as cash advance... Cashout crypto is 7-12% at the bitcoin atm...But your right I admit.. I’m in thread where mostly Americans are using a bank card.,, Most are using that bank card to skirt IRS... Another brilliant idea.. Considering you have verify before getting that card.. ( You sure I’m not on reddit?) But hey you know better.. I was wrong maybe it’s closer to about 10% fee to use crypto.. That’s before the book you use shorts the rate..Preach on brother...I’m listening..

MrCavalier

I also assume most are using bitcoin atm in this thread.. Since they are sweating the taxes on unreported winning.. Hence my original post of 12%..

First ... 45678910 ... Last