gamblehappier
    gamblehappier's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 673

Premium charges

Can an exchange broker survive without premium charges?If it happens,this will be a super gift for the new year..
    But actually i think is not possible for a lot of reasons.If this is true why someone betting at betfair and not moving to brokers?

I think there is much discussion on this issue.

there is much discussion on this issue
    Last edited by gamblehappier; 01-05-18 at 04:18 AM.

dealer wins
    dealer wins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11819

Yes they can survive lol

Alfa1234
    Alfa1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2544

Smarkets has been in business for over 7 years now without Premium Charges and their profit has been growing every year...so yes it's possible.

Why successful Betfair traders have not moved to Brokers to avoid the PC, is something I have wondered as well. Probably those brokers would not welcome that action as Betfair would be closing their accounts.

gamblehappier

Quote Originally Posted by dealer wins View Post
    Yes they can survive lol
    I do not think that brokers are welcome to successful traders,maybe will not imply premium charges but i do not think that they will let a a pro to continue betting there winning high amounts

gamblehappier

Quote Originally Posted by Alfa1234 View Post
    Smarkets has been in business for over 7 years now without Premium Charges and their profit has been growing every year...so yes it's possible.

Why successful Betfair traders have not moved to Brokers to avoid the PC, is something I have wondered as well. Probably those brokers would not welcome that action as Betfair would be closing their accounts.

Hi Alfa,you are right for smarkets,but i think its not actual the same with betfair..why?First they close accounts,secondly that some bets are not matched(personally never happened to me).Also i am not sure but they do not allow api(i do not know if you create your own bot).

Take point that smarkets quit a lot of countries so only limited countries allowed to bet there.But in general they do not charge premium charges as you said.Now is maybe the best alternative of betfair due to low commission.

I also believe that brokers close betfair accounts to successful traders.
    Very rare to see original betfair close player accounts.

Last edited by gamblehappier; 01-06-18 at 06:08 AM.

Alfa1234
    Alfa1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2544

The last reports of genuine players having their accounts closed at Smarkets are from 5 years ago...at least those are the only ones I can find. Betfair still closes accounts regularly, believe me.

Bets not matched? Seems quite obvious that not all bets will be matched...

kkkkk
    kkkkk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16072

if you are successful trader you will let Betfair to charge you 20 %. with other words: better to have 80% form 5000 then 100% of 50.

gamblehappier

Liquidity at smarkets cannot compare with Betfair.For medium-low stakes smarkets is excellent.

gamblehappier

Quote Originally Posted by Alfa1234 View Post
    The last reports of genuine players having their accounts closed at Smarkets are from 5 years ago...at least those are the only ones I can find. Betfair still closes accounts regularly, believe me.

Bets not matched? Seems quite obvious that not all bets will be matched...
    I believe that also betfair close accounts,maybe we cannot find infos for smarkets the last 5 years..I cannot believe that smarkets did not closed an account these years.With "not matched" i mean( not personal)that some bets they showed as mathced but finally they said that they are not matched.

I believe Smarkets is very good but liquidity cannot compare with betfair.

dealer wins
    dealer wins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11819

Why would a betting exchange close accounts?

gamblehappier

Quote Originally Posted by dealer wins View Post
    Why would a betting exchange close accounts?
    At exchanges except real players there are also moneymakers who feed with money the exchange..If you can win a lot of money from them in the long run(really a lot)maybe the exchange close your account.Maybe there are other reasons like money laundering.