noob787
    noob787's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

Money-order

Book sent money-orders payable to me which i will endorse on the back. However that is all they wrote. Left purchasers address and purchasers signature blank. Bank says they cant deposit it without that info. Is this proper protocol for a book payout with money orders? Really kicking myself for not leaving more in account on there and just going with courier check.

baseballstud
    baseballstud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 468

Just make up a name or address on the ***********. Or pick a friends name and address.

Clutchut12
    Clutchut12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Quote Originally Posted by noob787 View Post
    Book sent money-orders payable to me which i will endorse on the back. However that is all they wrote. Left purchasers address and purchasers signature blank. Bank says they cant deposit it without that info. Is this proper protocol for a book payout with money orders? Really kicking myself for not leaving more in account on there and just going with courier check.
    Just sign it with a different name,had the same thing happen to me

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

MO's will always be blank. It's standard.

noob787
    noob787's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

should i pick an address where money orders were issued or am i just over thinking this? how bout just chicken scratch sign a name and leave address blank?

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17045

Definitely overthinking it. The bank just checks to see that the name and address area is filled out, nothing more.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by noob787 View Post
    should i pick an address where money orders were issued or am i just over thinking this? how bout just chicken scratch sign a name and leave address blank?
    I agree with HedgeHog... you are overthinking this. Nothing more you can do at this point... just put some fake name on the front and a local address near you.... and sign your name on the back.

Might want to get away from MO's... it's probably the most pain in the a$$ cashing one because they are so easily duplicated/counterfeited. M-grm outlets... wal-mart... even bnks gave me issues trying to cash one. Stopped doing this... 3-4 years ago.