cheeze-whiz88
    cheeze-whiz88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Heritage Cancellation on a Win - Sketchy!

Hey, thanks for looking! I just wanted to reach out to see if this has happened to anyone else. I placed an overtime wager on USC vs Texas for USC to win via money line. USC won and heritage cancelled and refunded my wager. Attached is a picture.

Last edited by cheeze-whiz88; 09-16-17 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Picture didn't display

cheeze-whiz88

Not sure if the screenshot showed up.

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

Was it a Live Bet for game moneyline BEFORE regulation was over? Think most Live DONT include overtime unless it specifically says including OT

cheeze-whiz88

Yes, it was a live bet on there new in-play module. The thing is... the bet was made after the first round of overtime before the second overtime started.

hotcross

ok I haven't used the new Live ....also your screenshot did not show up. Sorry couldn't help but Heritage not at all sketchy hope you know that. A rare grading error can happen, if they did make an error they will correct it, even if you have to contact them by chat/phone

cheeze-whiz88

Alright, thanks for the advice!

**Update - I did contact them and got ahold of someone. Apparently a supervisor is no longer there and they said to call back in the morning but as for as they know it should be corrected.
    Last edited by cheeze-whiz88; 09-17-17 at 12:13 AM.

cloverfield
    cloverfield's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4727

Sounds like a grading error. Nothing about this sounds "sketchy" to me.

Rollins08
    Rollins08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Grading errors happen at every book. I've never had an issue where heritage didn't fix it.

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Side question, how do the grading errors happen on these website? I had a 3 straight score prop (Bet no) on the TNF game on BetOnline which was a win but they graded it as a loss. I asked them on live chat to regrade it and they fixed it in a couple hours, but does that mean they accidentally graded losers as a win also and now have to reverse those?
    Last edited by mrpapageorgio; 09-17-17 at 12:04 PM.

hotcross

Misgrades seem more often on Live or Props

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post
    Side question, how do the grading errors happen on these website? I had a 3 straight score prop (Bet no) on the TNF game on BetOnline which was a win but they graded it as a loss. I asked them on live chat to regrade it and they fixed it in a couple hours, but does that mean they accidentally graded losers as a win also and now have to reverse those?
    Humans doing it make errors.

Props especially can be misinterpreted by the staff doing it.

It's often a job for lower level CS people, rather than an expert linesman.

It's not something you need to be wondering if they are taking a shot at you over and just hoping you dont notice at 99% of books.

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Humans doing it make errors.

Props especially can be misinterpreted by the staff doing it.

It's often a job for lower level CS people, rather than an expert linesman.

It's not something you need to be wondering if they are taking a shot at you over and just hoping you dont notice at 99% of books.
    I didn't know if each bet was manually graded win/loss, or if they have software where they can enter scores into the system and the computer can automatically update win/loss (seems simple with point spreads, but props could be more difficult).

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post
    I didn't know if each bet was manually graded win/loss, or if they have software where they can enter scores into the system and the computer can automatically update win/loss (seems simple with point spreads, but props could be more difficult).
    Plenty of stuff is auto graded by just entering game scores but anything non-standard needs a human at most books.

And as you might imagine, new staff learning all the nuances and rules of different sports and props do get things wrong. Probably more often than you notice, as with popular markets you can sure someone is telling them it's wrong almost immediately.

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14062

Quote Originally Posted by cheeze-whiz88 View Post
    Yes, it was a live bet on there new in-play module. The thing is... the bet was made after the first round of overtime before the second overtime started.
    was going to bet red soxs in bottom of tenth - remembered this thread - any correction yet