MBENZ
    MBENZ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10539

BFC Mike picked up

Breaking News: Online Bookmaker Gets Extradited During Planned Vacation in Cancun, Mexico
    Online Bookmaker Gets Extradited During Planned Vacation in Cancun, Mexico

written February 14, 2010 by Kenneth Weitzner

EOG has learned that ----- ----, commonly referred to as "Mike," from BetFirstClass (BFC) is awaiting his fate on a sealed indictment that stems from the US Attorney's Office of the Northern District of Oklahoma.

I can't even imagine what it must be like to spend Valentine's Day in a Federal Detention Center located in Houston, Texas.

Unfortunately, the main guy behind BetFirstClass was picked up on Friday afternoon at 3 PM in Cancun, Mexico by the Mexican authorities. He had just deplaned from San Jose, Costa Rica.

When attempting to navigate though Customs, he was arrested immediately. Shortly, thereafter, Mr. Nigh was extradited to Houston, Texas. He will eventually be transported to Oklahoma.

One source states,

"----- ---- had been bookmaking for a long time in Oklahoma. He decided to flea the United States when his house was busted into and his computer seized back in May of 2007."

"Mike" allegedly filed fraudulent tax returns for the years of 2004 and 2005.

While we are not certain about what the impact will be on BetFirstClass with their main guy away, someone close to the situation assures us and other gamblers that "all players funds are safe."
    Last edited by Reload; 02-14-10 at 02:44 PM.

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14864

Wow that's some news. Always enjoyed my dealings with Mike across the street, and hope he can get through this.

JoeVig
    JoeVig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by MBENZ View Post
    "----- ---- ("Mike") had been bookmaking for a long time in Oklahoma."
    Physically bookmaking, or just the fact that the internet (barely) reaches Oklahoma?
    Last edited by Reload; 02-14-10 at 08:20 PM.

AimingHigh
    AimingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not good. Hope it works out as best it can.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chatted him up when he was in Pan. seemed like a nice guy. Wonder if they will let him post from OK?

frankthetank
    frankthetank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

no way. flight risk. they will not bond him.

The Judge
    The Judge's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would like to state for the record that all player funds are safe and it is business as usual in the BetFirstClass office. For obvious reasons I will not be responding to this matter on the forums but anyone who who has any questions may email me at Judge@BetFirstClass.com and I will be happy to address their concerns.

SSLP
    SSLP's Avatar Become A Pro!

JELLYBEAN
    JELLYBEAN's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by The Judge View Post
    I would like to state for the record that all player funds are safe and it is business as usual in the BetFirstClass office. For obvious reasons I will not be responding to this matter on the forums but anyone who who has any questions may email me at Judge@BetFirstClass.com and I will be happy to address their concerns.

Doubt it. Unless you would like to post the banking statements I seriously doubt post up funds are secure. I say that about most books. Just hope who ever he used to put on his company board when setting up it up in panama can be trusted. Sad to say, but if he is gone for any period of time, BFC is done. It is not like when Sacco took a little vacation. This could get ugly. Only thing is I seriously doubt they have much posted up with them anyway.

Johnpoints
    Johnpoints's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JELLYBEAN View Post
    Doubt it. Unless you would like to post the banking statements I seriously doubt post up funds are secure. I say that about most books. Just hope who ever he used to put on his company board when setting up it up in panama can be trusted. Sad to say, but if he is gone for any period of time, BFC is done. It is not like when Sacco took a little vacation. This could get ugly. Only thing is I seriously doubt they have much posted up with them anyway.
    Now you're just talking out of your ass

JELLYBEAN
    JELLYBEAN's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnpoints View Post
    Now you're just talking out of your ass

Not really.

But how much for the girl in the pic

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

I hope he will start posting from the pinta.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

I hope for him and his family he gets things resolved in a timely manner. I am sure there is more to this story.

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

Shit needs to be regulated in U.S. or I will always think that eventually they are gonna start picking up individual U.S. players, good day

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

You know, he has the right last name for Oklahoma. Boren or Nigh as a last name carries alot of weight in Okie land. lets hope his grandpa or uncle was the former governor.