xyz
    xyz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3251

Betphoenix: Super Bowl prop incorrect grading

BetPhoenix still has the following prop graded as a loss:

Colts to get the most 1st Downs 2/7/2010 6:20:01 PM - (EST) -2 +120

Both NFL.com and ESPN.com are showing 23 first downs for the Colts and 20 first downs for the Saints. I have reported this to them about 2 hours ago. I hope they will fix this soon.

AimingHigh
    AimingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!

Isn't it the middle of night for them? Even if they have overnight CS in, they may need a line manager to take a look at it. I'd give them at least until they open for day time business (3 or 4pm GMT?) to correct it. Otherwise, it just looks like complaint after complaint for BetPho, when some are a lot more serious than others.

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

Get it together BP

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    BetPhoenix still has the following prop graded as a loss:

Colts to get the most 1st Downs 2/7/2010 6:20:01 PM - (EST) -2 +120

Both NFL.com and ESPN.com are showing 23 first downs for the Colts and 20 first downs for the Saints. I have reported this to them about 2 hours ago. I hope they will fix this soon.
    Don't worry about a misgraded prop overnight. The books have tons of props to grade before going home for the night and settling up accounts that have Sunday night as the "end of the week," and even the best books make a mistake here and there. If it's not fixed by Monday night, then you have a gripe. Even the best books make the occasional prop grading mistake.

John Dough
    John Dough's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10136

Quote Originally Posted by skrtelfan View Post
    Don't worry about a misgraded prop overnight. The books have tons of props to grade before going home for the night and settling up accounts that have Sunday night as the "end of the week," and even the best books make a mistake here and there. If it's not fixed by Monday night, then you have a gripe. Even the best books make the occasional prop grading mistake.
    Spot on.

Guys, relax, human beings grade these and (no surprise here) they occasionally make mistakes.

Give BP a reasonable amount of time to correct their mistake.

Peeig
    Underbetting my roll
    Peeig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1213

With all of the props offerred yesterday, there are bound to be a few mistakes in grading......everyone check your sheets

xyz
    xyz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3251

I am glad to report that Betphoenix has corrected the grading for this prop as of Monday morning

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

The best way to get a prop fixed:

Send an email to the book's CS:

BetPhoenix,

My account # is xxxyyy. I believe this wagering ticket (#xxxyyyzzz) was misgraded.

The prop reads
    Which team will have more first downs: Indianapolis Colts -2 (vs New Orleans Saints)

The Colts had 23 first downs. The Saints had 20. You can verify this at the official NFL site here via the team stats on the game tracker:
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gamecen...0100207_NO@IND

Would someone please review the grading of this prop?

3 key points:
    #1: Never bitch publicly until you have tried to fix it via CS
    #2: Clearly state the problem, and what you want to have happen
    #3: Give a link to an official site supporting your case.

Johnpoints
    Johnpoints's Avatar Become A Pro!

Any book I've dealt with has had a misgraded wager at some point. Fortunately the book has corrected the mistake every time.