sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by andywend View Post
    SKM, Bodog does indeed deal different lines to different players based on the pattern of the specific bettor.

If you mainly bet on the underdogs and unders, then the lines they offer you will be negatively adjusted on dogs and unders.

If you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page when you bring up the lines, you will see a code which has something to do with this.

My code at bodog is www-25. I would guess your code is probably different.
    so a great strategy for a player would be to bet only dogs at bodog until you are given this line change and than start betting all of your favorites there.

S.K.M.
    S.K.M.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

SKM, Bodog does indeed deal different lines to different players based on the pattern of the specific bettor.

If you mainly bet on the underdogs and unders, then the lines they offer you will be negatively adjusted on dogs and unders.

If you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page when you bring up the lines, you will see a code which has something to do with this.

Wow this is hilarious. You are right. My code is www-19. The funniest part is that they repeatedly tell me over and over that all players receive the same lines. How stupid do they think we are? If they would just tell me: "Since you take advantage of our inflated lines we are not going to offer them to you anymore" I would be totally fine with that and I would probably still keep my account open. But since they insist on lying through their teeth I will most likely be closing my account.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post
    so a great strategy for a player would be to bet only dogs at bodog until you are given this line change and than start betting all of your favorites there.
    Yeah but when they change your lines they are just changing them to what all other books have so there is no advantage.

Can someone tell me what line they have for the LA/Memphis game tomorrow? I have Memphis +2 but I'm pretty sure its 2.5 to other players

sharpcat

Quote Originally Posted by S.K.M. View Post
    Wow this is hilarious. You are right. My code is www-19. The funniest part is that they repeatedly tell me over and over that all players receive the same lines. How stupid do they think we are? If they would just tell me: "Since you take advantage of our inflated lines we are not going to offer them to you anymore" I would be totally fine with that and I would probably still keep my account open. But since they insist on lying through their teeth I will most likely be closing my account.

Yeah but when they change your lines they are just changing them to what all other books have so there is no advantage.

Can someone tell me what line they have for the LA/Memphis game tomorrow? I have Memphis +2 but I'm pretty sure its 2.5 to other players
    than strictly favs there see if they give you even better lines on the dogs may get some good middle opportunities or at least a great book to bet all your dog picks at.

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post
    Not really. You'll get the good dog lines (this also applies to over/unders where you'll sometimes get a different line) for a bit but generally not very long. I know of $50 and $100 bettors who only make it 3 or 4 bets before getting switched to the sharp lines. But once you get switched to the sharp lines, you don't really have "good" favorite lines, you just have less shitty ones than in the square feed. The square feed is for people who just want to bet the favorite at any price and don't care if they're taking a half point worse than the market or laying -115. Say there's a football game with a good team on the road vs a bad team and the market line is -7 -110 and +7 -110. Bodog might have -7 -115 / +7 -105 on the square line and -7 -110 and -7 -110 on the sharp line, so the -7 -110 isn't any better than what you could get anywhere else.

Climate
    Climate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

This is exactly right, based on my experience.

Second thing is that lines can move extremely fast around post, so that 1.5 may or may not have been available to you, and it could have been available for one minute, or even less, and the other guy just got lucky to get it.

IMO, you are justified to get a little pissed, especially when you first discover this kind of stuff. Who wouldn't be a little upset that they were getting dealt double lines? When I first found out years ago I was being dealt double lines from Bowman's I was upset. I want those fat sucker lines.

The books know what those extra half points mean. That's why they cut you off those sucker lines so quick.

If a book offers 500 wagers (counting everything) on a busy Saturday, and 20 games land exactly on the number, well, you do the math.

It is kind of messed up in a sense because the books who do this are essentially guaranteeing themselves the best of it against both parties. I look at it like they are just charging suckers an extra half point, and I am getting the normal lines.

Those inflated lines are just there for big-time suckers, not for halfway sharp players.

Johnpoints
    Johnpoints's Avatar Become A Pro!

I thought everyone knew that Bodog deals dual lines. I don't see it as such a bad thing. They are a business, and if they can get away with giving you a worse line that you'll still bite on, then why shouldn't they do it?

There are more than a few reputable books out there. You should have at least 3 in your arsenal.

Flight
    Update your status
    Flight's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have WWW-26 in my bodog account.

Does this mean I am super square? haha.

I have used bodog for over a year and use it almost strictly for betting off numbers, dogs, etc. $50 bettor. I will admit I am surprised that bodog does this, no everyone does not know this Johnpoints.

Peep
    Peep's Avatar Become A Pro!

No, I think www-26 means you are a super sharp.

I have a www-3. I think that is a supersquare.

S.K.M.
    S.K.M.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

I was not aware that they dealt dual lines. I thought something was wrong with my account or something so I contacted them about it. Basically they jerked me around with a bunch of mumbo jumbo about how I need to be logged into my account to see the accurate lines (No Shit!) Then they tell me I maybe had a stale server blah blah. Once I became aware of their dual lines it was obvious what happened. Now I know. The only reason I am mad is because they lie through their teeth to me and treat me like I'm an idiot. I guess they don't need to be nice to a winning player though because they probably want them to leave

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

C book at best

BillyCostigan
    BillyCostigan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I haven't played at Bodog in several years, but one time I did and had a decent bit of luck. I wanted to place a $2,000 wager on Washington -8.5. The amount was too large to place online, so I called it in. They said "OK, we'll take $1,000 of your bet at -8.5, but the other $1,000 you have to play at -9.5." Like it's a f'ing flea market or something.

dubv1987
    dubv1987's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hmm, mine is www-15.

Flight
    Update your status
    Flight's Avatar Become A Pro!

I doubt that the WWW code actually is a player ranking. More likely it is just what server you are connected to.

Costigan - that story is hilarious!

Bodog used to be a C in my book but has definitely moved up to B status this last year. I don't like playing there but my god if they aren't one of my fav places to shop. I can consistently get free half points from them. I keep them on my SBRodds page 1.

knightof7
    knightof7's Avatar Become A Pro!

*WWW-14 is what I have in Bodog before even logging in

blix177
    blix177's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by S.K.M. View Post
    Thank you for confirming what i suspected. This is what I was looking for. Did you and your friend do anything about it? I dont see how there is anything that you can do?

As for Bodog being 3 companies I think that only applies to different countries....
    Nope I stopped using them, they were good back then to arb between pinny and bodog. Plus you get 10% cash per deposit with only 3x rollover. But once they changed my line, and cut the 10% cash deposit, + make me wait 3 month for my check + netteller being gone as a withdrawal method for us Americans, I can't find a reason to go back and use them.

blix177
    blix177's Avatar Become A Pro!

SKM you can check yourself if you get duel lines,

Open I.E. and login to your account, and you will see one set of lines.
    Open firefox and load their lines without logging in and you will see another set of lines.

TigerPawsSC
    Clemson -5
    TigerPawsSC's Avatar Become A Pro!

IBF Bodog rep.

Pajda
    Pajda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 655

I have WWW -24, I'm really curious what that code means

Pajda
    Pajda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 655

Now it says WWW-16

pokerpro44
    Update your status
    pokerpro44's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1038

i have never had any problems with Bodog.

sharpcat

Quote Originally Posted by blix177 View Post
    SKM you can check yourself if you get duel lines,

Open I.E. and login to your account, and you will see one set of lines.
    Open firefox and load their lines without logging in and you will see another set of lines.
    Go online and download a tor client before doing this!

ewrestling4c
    ewrestling4c's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

lines move on bodog all the time and the lean towards what you bet on. .5 one way or the other is common with them. I logged on and my lines are always about a 1/2 pt. different than my buddies, he likes favorites, i like under dogs

Morrisbettor
    Morrisbettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 45

Why hasn't BodogBecky been in here answering these questions. PM her S.K.M and she will give you an answer. GO COUGS

skrtelfan

The code in the URL is probably just which server you are connected to. The same thing happens when you log into Pinnacle, it shows wwwXX.pinnaclesports.com with XX being some number that varies each time you log in.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

I see nothing wrong with dealing dual lines. Hell, they can deal every player their own specific lines if they like. Why not? As long as they honor the wagers that they accept, they are under no obligation to offer you anything. You don't have to accept the wager. It is like any other consumer relationship.

If you don't like the line they offer you, shop around for a better one.

I have never had a problem with Bodog cancelling a wager I have placed, and they have always paid me in a resonible amount of time, so no complaints here.

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah, Bodog sucks, end of story.

skrtelfan

Except that they don't honor wagers at their lines. They were extremely quick to put me on a long delay and the majority of the time when I try to bet a prop, they tell me "the line has moved" 15 cents the other way. These guys are jokers like BetUS--they have no interest in taking a bet from anyone paying attention and they essentially use their customers to alert them to a stale line without even taking action from the customer.

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

sounds like your a sore loser so if u feel that way move on that simple.its amazing how people say sites suck cause they lose but when they win ther are the greatest site out there.im sure there will be more after u who complain when they lose so find a site u like and use them very very simple

skrtelfan

Sounds like "your" unable to write a complete English sentence. I'd be happy to lose at Bodog if they would actually take my action rather than act like complete weenies about $100 limit bets.

tachi
    tachi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 703

Quote Originally Posted by terpkeg View Post
    I see nothing wrong with dealing dual lines. Hell, they can deal every player their own specific lines if they like. Why not? As long as they honor the wagers that they accept, they are under no obligation to offer you anything. You don't have to accept the wager. It is like any other consumer relationship.
    this is a brilliant idea.
    in the supermarkets there must be different prices,depending from the individual.
    why not everyone offers dual prices-the electricity,the telecommunications...
    You aren't obliged to accept the price.
    Last edited by tachi; 02-14-10 at 01:00 PM.

Ratatat415
    Ratatat415's Avatar Become A Pro!

i dont know why bodog doesnt have halves line for some ncaab games. they only have it for the televise games i think. but their poker is the best

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

Quote Originally Posted by tachi View Post
    this is a brilliant idea.
    in the supermarkets there must be different prices,depending from the individual.
    why not everyone offers dual prices-the electricity,the telecommunications...
    You aren't obliged to accept the price.
    this already happens. goods cost more in nyc than in new jersey even if you are getting the same thing from the same store. as an attorney or an accountant, you may charge one individual more than another for the same service.

that was not really the point though. the point is that bodog does not owe anyone anything. no one has to play there. they offer betting lines, if you want to play them, that is your perogative. if not, maybe because you do not like the line they are offering, then do not play. there is plenty of competition out there.
    Last edited by terpkeg; 02-15-10 at 09:55 AM.

skrtelfan

They aren't honest about the fact that they deal a dual line. Quite a few of their policies would violate Nevada gaming policy if they were a Nevada bookmaker.

Lots of books, including Bodog, only offer NCAA BB 2h on televised games.

morocca
    morocca's Avatar Become A Pro!

they're back in bizness? for how long this time? recycled garbage !!!!!!!!!!!!

OSUCOWBOYS
    OSUCOWBOYS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 570

Great book that pays.

First 12