Alfa1234
    Alfa1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2544

Bookmaker.eu behaviour...

Absolute BS in my humble opinion.

Note I placed 2 bets on Lyon VS Strasbourg on 7 June (2 days ago). No other books even offered this market until this morning. My bets stood for 2 days and were cancelled this morning the the market opened everywhere else.

Me: HI, good morning

MJ: Welcome to our Live Chat Department. My name is MJ. How may I be of assistance?
    Me: I am contacting you regarding bet 263412399 and bet 263412632. Both were cancelled this morning.
    Me: I do not agree with this for the following reason: at the time I placed the bet (on 7 June), you guys were the only company out there offering this line. How can I possibly know your line was "off" or bad when there is nothing to compare? I believe you just realised you were a bit off market a while ago when all other bookies started offering the line and you were off by 1 or 2 points...
    MJ: I would be more than glad to assist you with that!
    MJ: For security purposes, please confirm your password.
    Me: xxxxxx is my password
    Me: If you offer early lines, how can I ever know they are "correct" when the market has not been offered by others?
    MJ: Are you able to hold while I check on that?
    Me: And would these bets have been cancelled if the line was off in your favour as well?
    Me: sure, no problem
    MJ: Sir those bets were canceled because a wrong line.
    MJ: We reserve the right to void any wager placed on an obvious line mistake, or placed after the outcome of the proposition has been determined.
    Me: That is what I was told. However, in this case, you were the only bookie offering the line for 2 days.
    Me: How would you constitute a "wrong line" in this case?
    Me: You just make up a line, and if it does not correspond to the other opening lines days after...you cancel it. What is the purpose of offering early lines in this case?
    Me: If the line had opened in your favour, would have been seen as "wrong" as well? I doubt it...the bets stood for 2 full days and were only cancelled when the line was opened on all other books.
    MJ: Sir I apologize about the inconvenient this may cause but that was a bad line the right line is the one that we have right now Strasbourg +3.5+1.87, that was a management decision the money is back into your account.
    MJ: If you want you can go ahead and place a bet with the correct line.
    Me: And how would I know a 'bad line' if you offer markets early in the future?
    MJ: Sir I am sorry but there is no way to know if there is a bad line until we get an email that notice that there was a bad line.
    Me: Right. To be honest...that is BS. If you make a line and open it days before everyone else, it does not take you 2 days to realise a mistake. You open a line and cancel it when the market opens for everyone else if it turns out you were wrong. If tomorrow you open a basketball line 2 days earlier than the general market and I make an analysis and place a bet...and it turns out I'm "off" by 3 or 4 points and the market opens in the wrong direction regarding my bets, I have to suck it up and take the terrible line. So should you. Period.
    Me: But OK, I see there is nothing I can say.

MJ: You are very welcome. I am glad I could be of assistance!
    MJ: May I help you with anything else?
    Me: Nope, thanks
    MJ: Please remember that my name is MJ. If you need anything in the future, please do not hesitate to ask for me.
    MJ: Thank you for contacting the Wagering Live Chat Department at www.bookmaker.eu

Alfa1234
    Alfa1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2544

Note, I bet Strasbourg +6 at 1.87.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Shoot in a complaint form with your account details and let the SBR admin guys take a look at it and see if we can help.

Limited
    Limited's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4567

So called "bad line" is a common excuse to VOID bets when the market doesn't move in their favor. And not only with early lines but also with lines that have made a big move in market. A rated bookies did it to me IE 5D, Greek, DSI.... And of course they will never void if odds jump in their favor.

FreeFall
    FreeFall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2391

Quote Originally Posted by Limited View Post
    So called "bad line" is a common excuse to VOID bets when the market doesn't move in their favor. And not only with early lines but also with lines that have made a big move in market. A rated bookies did it to me IE 5D, Greek, DSI.... And of course they will never void if odds jump in their favor.
    +1 SBR also sides with the books on these complaints too. No sense in doing that.

evo34
    evo34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4198

Classic:

"MJ: Sir I am sorry but there is no way to know if there is a bad line until we get an email that notice that there was a bad line."

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW
    Grivas_Digeni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23436

There was no way to know if a bad line was a bad line until the game is finished and the bet wins.