Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Betting eSports at Nitrogen?

Anyone betting the eSport market at Nitro? eSports are growing very fast but probably not evident in this ol sports forum. However, received some feedback from a Nitro player via email. Anyone else?

How about eSports in general?

Meansteam
    Meansteam's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've bet it at nitrogen and I thought it was OK. I don't think the grading is as fast as sports, as I watched a match online and it took longer than expected to grade.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

I never understood how people can bet on other people playing video games. Seems a little too weird for me. How do you know who is good. Are there injuries and stuff? Like a blister on the hand. I don't get it.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Too many fixed matches. Until the prize pools get larger there is too much incentive for teams to bet against themselves.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    Too many fixed matches. Until the prize pools get larger there is too much incentive for teams to bet against themselves.
    I agree. People are betting $50,000 on the outcome of the game and how much can a player actually win?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Never bet it and never will

Too easy to manipulate outcomes

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Anyone who plays eports try WOMP?

lilpete
    lilpete's Avatar Become A Pro!

they playin call of duty and halo?

tb1984
    tb1984's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1083

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    Anyone betting the eSport market at Nitro? eSports are growing very fast but probably not evident in this ol sports forum. However, received some feedback from a Nitro player via email. Anyone else?

How about eSports in general?

I'm not sure whether they changed the policy about e-sport. But at Nitrogen, if you have at least one e-sport bet, you have to wait at least 24 hours from the time that your bet is graded, to request payouts.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Match fixing scandals seem ubiquitous at virtually every level. The lack of centralized regulation, minimal media coverage and very small and tight knit community of pro gamers, Esport's popularity, especially as a betting market, has drastically outpaced its ability to combat corruption.
    Points Awarded:

Bill Dozer gave MoMoneyMoVaughn 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Quote Originally Posted by tb1984 View Post

I'm not sure whether they changed the policy about e-sport. But at Nitrogen, if you have at least one e-sport bet, you have to wait at least 24 hours from the time that your bet is graded, to request payouts.
    No, they haven't. There is one player who is seeing many of his bets regraded for big deduction in balance. We are inquiring with Nitrogen on the matter.

3runhomer
    3runhomer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1901

Very funny...it's also funny to see these guys being written up at ESPN now...nerd alert!

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Quote Originally Posted by 3runhomer View Post
    Very funny...it's also funny to see these guys being written up at ESPN now...nerd alert!
    Lol. Yeah professional video game player. Are these athletes? Do people buy tickets to watch these nerds live? Unreal. I stopped playing video games when I was 12 I think.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

People do watch and ads are served. Sponsorship isnt much but its a career for some. But thats why betting $50k on it is kind of nuts.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I think something will happen with this

Kids will rig games for money..most are broke

If they know they can get bets down watch out

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Quote Originally Posted by tb1984 View Post

As they expand their menu, Im not sure you can't review withdrawals. Nothing is that automated. Add in the fact that there are no names on the accounts and people can get a new account whenever they want, its going to be tough for them unless they have lower limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post

No, they haven't. There is one player who is seeing many of his bets regraded for big deduction in balance. We are inquiring with Nitrogen on the matter.
    This dispute was resolved.