sjm5122
    sjm5122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11889

Is this shady by 5dimes?

I placed a bet under the following description:

Thu 5/5 12931 LIV / VIL either team 3 or more goals +1570 3:05PM 12932 Neither team scores 3 or more goals -3135

Notice there is no mention of first half anywhere in that description, not when I entered the bet, and not when it was pending. However, it was then graded as a loss and showed up in my wagers page as:

European Cup Soccer 12931 LIV / VIL either team 3 or more goals 1st Half +1570* vs Neither team scores 3 or more goals

Why make it clear it was a first half bet in the description, only after the bet goes final???

sjm5122

If there was some inclination that this was a 1st Half bet and I missed it, I take some responsibilty, but it certainly was nowhere to be found in the bet description. And either way, changing a description after the bet has been graded is strange

Courtesywipe
    Dead1977
    Courtesywipe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 346

It wouldn't be +1500 for 3 or more goals for entire game, that's for sure.

sjm5122

Quote Originally Posted by Courtesywipe View Post
    Yeah, can agree I was a little suspicious. I kept re-reading the original description thinking it would say both teams score 3 or more, but it didn't. And regardless of that, to be changing a bet description only after the bet goes final isn't right.

rangerz2478
    rangerz2478's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12330

Quote Originally Posted by Courtesywipe View Post
    This, if so that's a really bad line.

rangerz2478

But OP is right if they changed the wording after the fact, they shouldn't have.

If it was me, I would have just no actioned the wager.

EVfollower
    EVfollower's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Don't take shots at books. You know better. If it was a legit line it'd be canceled.

sjm5122

They are claiming I am a liar, and that the betslip wording never changed. However I know that is false, because I copied the betslip wording when it was in my pending bets tab and sent it to a friend. Asked him if I am misreading this or what. I probably should have avoided it, was a bad line, asked 5dimes to no action it because there was fault on both ends. They called me a liar and told me to produce a screenshot. Pretty sad when they're my only online book and have been using them for years with no issue. Changing wording of a betslip only AFTER it has been graded is shady as hell.

rangerz2478

Quote Originally Posted by sjm5122 View Post
    They are claiming I am a liar, and that the betslip wording never changed. However I know that is false, because I copied the betslip wording when it was in my pending bets tab and sent it to a friend. Asked him if I am misreading this or what. I probably should have avoided it, was a bad line, asked 5dimes to no action it because there was fault on both ends. They called me a liar and told me to produce a screenshot. Pretty sad when they're my only online book and have been using them for years with no issue. Changing wording of a betslip only AFTER it has been graded is shady as hell.
    By "they" do you mean Tony specifically?

EVfollower
    EVfollower's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

You took a shot at a book. You're the shady one. Hope Tony kicks you out and you realize the little tantrum you're throwing is only going to hurt you further in the long run. 5dimes and every other book watches the forum. Your next payout will take an extra couple days or maybe your options will be limited. Or you'll receive an email from Tony saying you're no longer welcome.

Either way, you knew that if it the line was right, it was a bad line. Thats like saying you tried to steal because there were no security cameras and don't feel its right you got caught. Suck it up and move on.

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Agree wouldn't be 15-1 for 3 or more goals

sjm5122

Quote Originally Posted by EVfollower View Post
    You took a shot at a book. You're the shady one. Hope Tony kicks you out and you realize the little tantrum you're throwing is only going to hurt you further in the long run. 5dimes and every other book watches the forum. Your next payout will take an extra couple days or maybe your options will be limited. Or you'll receive an email from Tony saying you're no longer welcome.

Either way, you knew that if it the line was right, it was a bad line. Thats like saying you tried to steal because there were no security cameras and don't feel its right you got caught. Suck it up and move on.
    Understand, and i should have just left it alone. I recognized it was suspicious and should have held off. Wasnt asking to be paid out, but why is a mistake on my side punished, but them changing wording at some point OK? Can't list a bet with no wording of 1st half then add it later. And no, wasnt dealing w tony. Whatever though, they claim they never changed the wording and I didnt screenshot. Their word against mine so it's a done deal

SBR Forum
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Betpoints: 993431

Understand, and i should have just left it alone. I recognized it was suspicious and should have held off. Wasnt asking to be paid out, but why is a mistake on my side punished, but them changing wording at some point OK? Can't list a bet with no wording of 1st half then add it later. And no, wasnt dealing w tony. Whatever though, they claim they never changed the wording and I didnt screenshot. Their word against mine so it's a done deal
    We'll see if we can find a similar market to see if the verbiage is there. The odds would suggest the label should have been there, and possibly was but went unnoticed - without a screen capture of the bet as you wagered on it, there's not much to dispute, unfortunately.

rockmvp1209
    rockmvp1209's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3931

this dude wouldnt be complaining if he won