capone1899
    capone1899's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

"Price being evaluated" 5dimes WTF?

A lot of times recently I keep getting "price being evaluated" when placing a bet at 5Dimes. Several times its cost me from getting a winning bet in since I place a lot of bets in the last 5-10 minutes before a game starts.

WTF is this and what does it keep happening? Anyone else getting rammed with this?

SBR Forum
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Betpoints: 993431

Hi capone1899,

What you're describing sounds like risk control. Have you unintentionally wagered soft or bad lines as of late?

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Never heard of this. Is this on a particular sport?

Jnas
    Jnas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8549

your on a delay

Either you are way up on them or they think you are chasing steam

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW
    Grivas_Digeni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23436

They can afford 1k/month for a piece of software showing all the steam they need to know about. They are worried about him being the market mover. My guess is up 20k or more and possibly 6 digits (if he wins at bigger markets like football).

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

Quote Originally Posted by capone1899 View Post
    A lot of times recently I keep getting "price being evaluated" when placing a bet at 5Dimes. Several times its cost me from getting a winning bet in since I place a lot of bets in the last 5-10 minutes before a game starts.

WTF is this and what does it keep happening? Anyone else getting rammed with this?
    I have had that for ages at 5Dimes, also 30ish second delay on all plays as well as small limits. They are well known for keeping sharps on a short leash. None of the other A+ books do this.

capone1899

Quote Originally Posted by LordVodka View Post
    Never heard of this. Is this on a particular sport?
    Only happens on UFC plays

capone1899

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Forum View Post
    Hi capone1899,

What you're describing sounds like risk control. Have you unintentionally wagered soft or bad lines as of late?

No.

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW

William Hill routinely does this on most bets to anyone who's shown he is capable of winning a couple of wagers. 'Your bet has been referred to a trader'

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Badge of honor to prove you have a clue.

Probably caught them too often just before price moves.

evo34
    evo34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4198

Quote Originally Posted by Grivas_Digeni View Post
    They can afford 1k/month for a piece of software showing all the steam they need to know about. They are worried about him being the market mover. My guess is up 20k or more and possibly 6 digits (if he wins at bigger markets like football).
    How would delaying someone be significantly more helpful to a book than limiting him to $50 and not allowing a re-bet until they have a chance to manually change the line? The latter is 5D's standard practice to handle net winners who do not chase steam. This sounds like a net loser who is chasing steam.

GigaOuts
    Update your status
    GigaOuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7058

I though this is old news, it happen to everyone. After max bet, the 2nd bet always get that pop up, I though that is standard practice for everybody. I experience delay from 15 sec to over night before the 'price being evaluated' disappeared until I could re bet. I find this feature benefit me as it won't let me carry away on my betting. Not sure is 5dime use human interaction or computer, I just hope the 'price being evaluate' window is faster since most bet happen last minute of ufc fights start..
    Last edited by GigaOuts; 01-19-16 at 03:33 AM.

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW

Quote Originally Posted by evo34 View Post
    How would delaying someone be significantly more helpful to a book than limiting him to $50 and not allowing a re-bet until they have a chance to manually change the line? The latter is 5D's standard practice to handle net winners who do not chase steam. This sounds like a net loser who is chasing steam.
    I posted before he said he bets UFC. And even if he bets long shots (fighter A to win in the 3rd round at +2300 etc.), $50 max would probably make him leave the book entirely rather than go through the nuisance of placing his action across a number of books where his limits are this low.

If you are a bookie, you want smart money to 'help sharpen the lines' but you don't want to take much action from that person at the original price. To me, severely limiting action and putting someone on delay are basically two similar tools to achieve that goal.

I just don't see much difference between the two, really. Having read this thread again, I would agree that it's quite probable that he's not the market mover but finds out about sharp action several minutes/seconds after it is placed. So he's regularly trying to 'follow the money/chase steam/bet sharp' just as the trader is evaluating a larger wager, or a series of wagers, on that same side in a fight. Is such action welcome? Most of the time it isn't.

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW

No.
    So what is the usual outcome of this 'delay window'? Bet accepted with original amount you expected to get down? Bet accepted for a smaller amount at the original price? Bet rejected/price changed?

Are you able to bet on that same side if your original wager is rejected and price changes?

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Quote Originally Posted by Jnas View Post
    your on a delay

Either you are way up on them or they think you are chasing steam
    Not sure I buy this... 5d does this to me also every once in a while and I am by no means a lifetime winner there. I go on some runs now and then but I'm wayyyy down lifetime, and am notorious for numerous $50 deposits. I do notice it happens primarily when I try to place something under Reduced Juice, so I'll often just go to the NFL or NBA or whatever section instead and pay worse juice if I really want to get the play in.

But yeah, it's super frustrating especially when trying to get a play in just a couple minutes before it's off the board.

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    Not sure I buy this... 5d does this to me also every once in a while and I am by no means a lifetime winner there. I go on some runs now and then but I'm wayyyy down lifetime, and am notorious for numerous $50 deposits. I do notice it happens primarily when I try to place something under Reduced Juice, so I'll often just go to the NFL or NBA or whatever section instead and pay worse juice if I really want to get the play in.

But yeah, it's super frustrating especially when trying to get a play in just a couple minutes before it's off the board.
    And this has never happened unless you tried betting Reduced line? Fair to say 90% this happened to you was reduced line a few minutes before game time?

GigaOuts
    Update your status
    GigaOuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7058

Yes, I am only bet mma/ufc. It only happen to me on reduce juice at $50 a pop. If I don't want to wait for 'price being evaluate' to end, I can always bet at regular ml for $250 a pop without delay but I just have to pay 5pt extra compare to the reduce juice.
    Last edited by GigaOuts; 01-19-16 at 08:34 PM.

evo34
    evo34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4198

@Grivas My point was that if someone was a losing player who sometimes chased steam (not saying the OP is that btw), a book's most profitable way to handle that would be to keep his limits large (for the regular non-steam plays) while delaying him (to protect against the occasional steam). That said, obviously I have no idea what 5D actually does.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

And this has never happened unless you tried betting Reduced line? Fair to say 90% this happened to you was reduced line a few minutes before game time?
    Fair to say, yes. It may have happened betting non reduced but I almost always wager reduced so I notice it more then.

The steam angle could be accurate, last time this happened I was going for Chiefs +5.5 against the Pats maybe 10 minutes before kick off. And I did notice Pats went from like -5 to -5.5 (-109 reduced) close to kick off.

Will report back next time it happens

OldschoolGambler
    OldschoolGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Evaluation message, $50 limits and delayed abt 35 secs and of course it is bush league. Yes I am up on them, but its just ridiculous that u keep a delay and the evaluation on a $50 player? Just petty and trying to tell u they don't want your business.

capone1899

Quote Originally Posted by OldschoolGambler View Post
    Evaluation message, $50 limits and delayed abt 35 secs and of course it is bush league. Yes I am up on them, but its just ridiculous that u keep a delay and the evaluation on a $50 player? Just petty and trying to tell u they don't want your business.

I bet more than $50 per bet, but what usually happens is I miss the bet completely. I usually bet 5-10 minutes before the fight so when I get a price evaluation it causes me to miss that bet.

I'm also not going to bet regular juice--at a worse price--when I do not know if the first is going to go through or not.

Yes, I'm up a decent amount in MMA, but this price evaluation crap is BS. Ban or limit me, but stop with this crap. Would expect this from a D rated book, not 5dimes

capone1899

So what is the usual outcome of this 'delay window'? Bet accepted with original amount you expected to get down? Bet accepted for a smaller amount at the original price? Bet rejected/price changed?

Are you able to bet on that same side if your original wager is rejected and price changes?
    What usually happens is the fight starts before they evaluate it and its cancelled, so I never get the bet in. That's why its so irritating

harvesters
    harvesters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6665

TTB - typical tony behaviour